Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - West Coast v Melbourne, Optus Stadium, Sat, Sept 22, 1.20pm WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since our trip to perth our pressure has been great. Our biggest weakness is bombing into our f50 which is a strength of your defence, our previous game was our best for lowering our eyes, hard to expect that again. Your midfield was supposed to be your weakness but they have really stood up, yeo the standout even if gaff was playing. I think we take the midfield win, harmes will go to yeo, who will hutchins go to? Most would say oliver but it seems every touch of vineys is inspirational for his team mates. I think you fwd line is probably the toughest talls our backs have come up against!

I like how you used “touch”, to encompass his highly effective throws from contested situations.

In all seriousness, not a bad post and agree with a lot. Not sure you can get away with a hibberd type on Vardy.

Now we are just going around in circles
Supporters seeing an issue is seperate to those claiming that a contract that has been extended for 40 years is rigging the league against their club. Whinging that the league is against you won’t rip up the contract, hence the point that they should stop following the sport.

Again, why pay money to follow a sport that you claim is rigged against you?

Aussie Rules is not just the AFL ... the disgrace that saw the GF arrangement extended by 40 years didnt just attack the underlying integrity of the competition itself, favouring a minority of clubs & putting the majority at significant disadvantage. That it took place behind closed doors between only the encumbents should bother any fair thinker, but certain to be waved through by the beneficiaries as it has.

Pointing out the status quo will favour some clubs is not 'chucking the toys out of the cot' - the Eagles have been through before & 2018 may be another example of a loaded dice, but 'dems da breaks', we play by the rules.

Last edited:

Umpires: Nicholls, Chamberlain, Meredith.

Surprised Meredith has been given a second chance and Findlay has now been placed on emergency for Friday night...

Umpires: Nicholls, Chamberlain, Meredith.

Surprised Meredith has been given a second chance and Findlay has now been placed on emergency for Friday night...
Well Nicholls’ terrible free kicks cancel out the Razor-Gus love in

Since our trip to perth our pressure has been great. Our biggest weakness is bombing into our f50 which is a strength of your defence, our previous game was our best for lowering our eyes, hard to expect that again. Your midfield was supposed to be your weakness but they have really stood up, yeo the standout even if gaff was playing. I think we take the midfield win, harmes will go to yeo, who will hutchins go to? Most would say oliver but it seems every touch of vineys is inspirational for his team mates. I think you fwd line is probably the toughest talls our backs have come up against. Frost and o'mac to darling and Kennedy then all we have left is hibberd for vardy. We might bring smith in for his pace to intercept and push back to fill space, but still a big task.
If hibberd plays on vardy that will cut down him influencing other contests because he will have the marking threat of vardy and you guys might try to isolate the miss match deep if our change overs are slack, but will push hard in offence.
If smith comes in it would push fritsch up to the wing and would benefit our team more.
I think west coast by 3 goals, if we lose I will be disappointed but happy with the season. Its nice knowing that if you win, we would have made you earn it.
To the nuffies saying you were gifted a gf because of home ground advantage, they earned that through 22 rounds. Home and away.
One thing i hate is the constant booing. I hate it when melbourne fans boo for stupid reasons and it seems every west coast fan is like that, i dont think i could cope haha!

Good post mate and I wish you and the Dees well, just not to well.

As for the booing well brace yourself, Neil Mitchell has created a storm over here on the radio and it is the constant talking point on radio here all day and to be honest all week. Mitchell has some clout though as it seems the AFL are going to organise the Melbourne supporters in Melbourne feed directly onto the big screens inside the ground and hence that has caused a stir here. Not so much I don't think because it will have any impact but more in fact it seems from what I have heard that as the AFL never contributed one cent towards the new stadium what right do they have to impose such a scenario? Yet Travis Auld from the AFL has confirmed it will be happening and if West Coast get through to the GF it will happen on GF day also.
Really is childrens stuff I know but I am expecting probably the most hostile environment imaginable for a footy side to face this weekend for you blokes. Neil Mitchell has festered most of it.

Nah. That’s just a crappy myth. Aussie rules wouldn’t have disappeared from Victoria suddenly had west coast not joined.

You joined a league. You don’t like how that league is run, so why continue to support said league?

You are so naive, your league was nearly bankrupt - the only thing that saved it was becoming a national competition with the tv rights that came with it.

Delusional if you thought you could continue in the late ‘80s like you had.

Stop trying to rewrite history!

So why do all of these supporters keep on sooking about the location of the grand final?

Because name me one other sporting competition in the world where the the grand final of its sports is locked into a contract for 40 years and be played on the home ground of the teams (Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne and Hawthorn)? Just one other than MCG will do. Good luck.

Imagine of three WA UMPIRES UMPIRED THIS GAME .....IT would be all over afl 360 tonight

All over the healed sun

With idiots like Allan Richardson saying it’s imporoved since no wa umpires are allowed to umpire eagles games .......

I guarantee you ....if eagles win ...no WA UMPIRED WILL BE NAMED IN THE GF ....

THIS IS THE MOST BIASED DECIOSN IVE SEEN IN YEARS.....back to the VFL days once again

Why not both?
Needs more Mexican girl gif

The vfl who run the game hate west coast

So we get the worst three Victorian umpires possible

You have not lived here all your life ...you have no idea
Okay. So you’re getting deeper into the conspiracy, so I’ll ask you

Why would you give money, to a league, that you feel is deliberately rigging the game against west coast?

You need to live in Perth to understand the conspiracy? Seems very believable and not like the paranoia you’d see from constant drug use at all...

You realise that Aussie rules and “the league” are completely seperate yes?

Are people just that dumb? You’re the third person who has literally reposted my point, and claimed you’re arguing against me.

Your league was the VFL and it later with non-Victorian sides became the AFL.

Your VFL would have had less teams without the non-Victorian teams - clubs were on the verge of bankruptcy. Please keep up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs more Mexican girl gif

Okay. So you’re getting deeper into the conspiracy, so I’ll ask you

Why would you give money, to a league, that you feel is deliberately rigging the game against west coast?

You need to live in Perth to understand the conspiracy? Seems very believable and not like the paranoia you’d see from constant drug use at all...

Tell me this

Why did the afl hold an enquiry into wa games ......why ....

Because whining Victorians ....like Allan Richardson and brad Scott and Afl 360

Your league was the VFL and it later with non-Victorian sides became the AFL.

Your VFL would have had less teams without the non-Victorian teams - clubs were on the verge of bankruptcy. Please keep up.
See, again, even after it was explicitly explained you still think “Aussie rules” is referring to the VFL...

Do you need it said slowly? Aussie rules (as a sport) wouldn’t have died in Victoria, regardless of the VFL going broke.

Tell me this

Why did the afl hold an enquiry into wa games ......why ....

Because whining Victorians ....like Allan Richardson and brad Scott and Afl 360
Tell you what? You posed a long statement with ellipsis in random places

“Wahhhh the league is out to get me. But here Gil have more of my money”

Because name me one other sporting competition in the world where the the grand final of its sports is locked into a contract for 40 years and be played on the home ground of the teams (Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne and Hawthorn)? Just one other than MCG will do. Good luck.
FA Cup Final locked into Wembley stadium which is currently the home stadium of Tottenham Hotspur.

I am pretty sure back in the mid 90's and previous that Collingwood and Hawthorn didn't complain about having to play finals on the MCG (when it was only Melbourne and Richmonds home ground).

Imagine of three WA UMPIRES UMPIRED THIS GAME .....IT would be all over afl 360 tonight

All over the healed sun

With idiots like Allan Richardson saying it’s imporoved since no wa umpires are allowed to umpire eagles games .......

THIS IS THE MOST BIASED DECIOSN IVE SEEN IN YEARS.....back to the VFL days once again
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For sure, I would not be surprised if Demons smash WC or WC smash Demons or the game is close. So really, I got no clue. It's a great thing really, means it should be a good game of footy and the loser will eat salty tears.

Agree. There is a lot of excitement but a lot of fear too, any result is in play here.

The Eagles will send the Demons home, the Çhoir Boys they are under their cloaks. Packing their Demon tails firmly between their legs.
A biblical hiding coming they're way.

A mate on the Eagle list told me, they will bash and crash Melbourne into submission early, focused firstly on they're defenders.
The Demons will be given a 'warm' welcome, to our new house of pain.

Brace yourself Melbourne, we're comin for you. Your time is up.

Forgot you were on your alias?

All over the healed sun

The only WA umpire remaining is Rosebury. Other 5 are Victorian based. So if any WA umpire makes the grand final, it will be him.

blah, blah, blah, MCG, advantage Victoria, blah, blah, blah.

This s**t gets old. The MCG is the home of footy. It is the only stadium big enough to hold a game of the magnitude of the Grand Final.

I'm sure Western Australians just go on with this in order to give themselves an out for not winning the grand final
I agree that the GF should be at the G.But;and there is always a but;why did the Eagles play Hawks at Ethiad not the G? Why did WCE have to go to bumf##k Launceston to play Norf not at the G? The unfairness of it is not the ultimate game but the lack of access to games at the G during the regular season.In years that Collywobble and Tiges play finals they have a large advantage in familiarity with the G.Its like Gilcronys steer interstate teams away from the G so they dont get too comfortable there.

I agree that the GF should be at the G.But;and there is always a but;why did the Eagles play Hawks at Ethiad not the G? Why did WCE have to go to bumf##k Launceston to play Norf not at the G? The unfairness of it is not the ultimate game but the lack of access to games at the G during the regular season.In years that Collywobble and Tiges play finals they have a large advantage in familiarity with the G.Its like Gilcronys steer interstate teams away from the G so they dont get too comfortable there.
I think too much emphasis gets put on experience playing at grounds.

We have a 8-5 (was 6-5 before the season) record at the G but a 6-1 record interstate this season. Add we are 3-1 at Etihad & GMHBA stadium.

I have felt more confident about us playing away from the MCG rather than at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back