List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got Sinclair ahead of Lonie, though granted , he needs to recapture a bit of form.
After watching the Pies the other day, I really like having Marshall in the team, he's someone who could potentially get a fist on the ball before Cox marks it.
Only reason I had Lonie ahead of Sincs was for some team balance. But yeah he definitely does need to capture some form. I’d probably drop Long before Lonie though, as much as people would disagree with that decision.

It's called depth and improving the bottom 6.

They play on merit.

If you want to play finals and win a flag you need 30 players that are AFL standard and ready to go.
You don’t recruit very good players from other clubs to replace very good players especially if they have similar ability. And there is no way Steele Ross and libba can play in the same side. We have said all along we need mids that can play elsewhere then we are happy to get a mid of similar ability who can’t play elsewhere. I don’t believe he is the type we would chase.

Because they are two guys who will play regularly with the same deficiencies. You want mids who can spread and apply pressure and win the ball. Ross can easily play on a wing and we can blood Clark off a HBF for more run. Hanners can play off a wing or in the middle. Better options then now which is what you want.

I don’t have your confidence about Ross playing as a sing at all. He doesn’t run with the ball. He is get it and tgen get it off. Hanners is fine. I keep saying that. Libba isn’t one that we need. Apart from jack we don’t have a running mid if all libba Steele and Ross play. We will get heaps of possessions but won’t go forward with pace. Possessions isn’t an issue for us. Running and delivering is

So either this draft is a super draft - like they have called it for 12 months. which means there is plenty of talent in the top 20 or it’s no different to every other year in which case you want to pick at the top end.

We either grab King or potentially Bailey Smith + another.
How do you get Smith with pick 9

Only reason I had Lonie ahead of Sincs was for some team balance. But yeah he definitely does need to capture some form. I’d probably drop Long before Lonie though, as much as people would disagree with that decision.

Just play whichever is showing the best form prior to the game.

I don’t have your confidence about Ross playing as a sing at all. He doesn’t run with the ball. He is get it and tgen get it off. Hanners is fine. I keep saying that. Libba isn’t one that we need. Apart from jack we don’t have a running mid if all libba Steele and Ross play. We will get heaps of possessions but won’t go forward with pace. Possessions isn’t an issue for us. Running and delivering is

Last year our players with the most Marks included Montagna , Riewoldt, Roberton. Obviously this season they weren't there and Ross is high up on the list.
I don't think that's helped our fast ball movement out of the backline.

Potentially based on rumours of trades etc....

1. Walsh Carlton
2. Lukosius GC
3.Rozee GC
4. Rankine Crows
5. King freo
6. King freo
7. * I don’t know who the dogs/port might take and this is the worry.
8. Smith stkilda
Cal Twomey had the Dogs taking Smith with pick 6 on the weekend.

And he did not even factor in that Gold Coast will have a compo pick for Lynch.

We'd likely be left with someone like Hately or Caldwell

Potentially based on rumours of trades etc....

1. Walsh Carlton
2. Lukosius GC
3.Rozee GC
4. Rankine Crows
5. King freo
6. King freo
7. * I don’t know who the dogs/port might take and this is the worry.
8. Smith stkilda

Smith is exactly what we need and we have a chance to get him. Unless we are getting an established star with his prime ahead of him we have to hold onto our first pick and take Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. He's my first pick as Stephenson was last year. We need players who can win the ball, break the lines and hurt the opposition
Thanks MSG - I don't follow the under 18 comp or the VFL so I get all of my news and info from guys like yourself that do.
Be interesting to see who we actually snag in the draft this year.

No way!

Long and Lonie need games to build confidence and believe. They also happen to have natural talent. Combine confidence and talent and you add some we are missing

Trading out of the top 5 for multiple lower picks in almost any year is just plain dumb. Trading out is most likely to net us more B graders, we have PLENTY of them. We need stars, yes occasionally a Cripps is picked up at a lower pick but we are definitely more likely to get a real star from the top 5 kids (granted our strike rate recently hasn’t been great!). Would Richmond or dogs have won the flag if they traded out dusty or bont? Doubt it.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back