List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I think we do need to look at some consolidation of the list rather than any drastic moves. We had to throw the hat in the ring for Lynch, but unless there is a stand out like that (free agency helps) then not that fussed about major changes.

The biggest problem with our list is our LTI's. Had Dunn, Scharenburg, Moore & Reid all been fit & firing this year we wouldn't be looking for key defenders and worrying about losing Langdon who would not have played seniors if those guys stayed on the park. Langdon seized his opportunity and showed he is a player worth retaining but at same time his value has jumped considerably - well played by the lad by not signing early.

Moore is the key to the trade period. If he wants to exit then we become players at trade time. If he wants to stay that keeps it simple - we keep him and he fixes some issues quickly. Just need to get our medicos on the job.

That leaves some manouvering around the fringes. Hopefully Hine & Co can work their magic and find some rough diamonds or role players that will improve us. My only prerequisite that I ask for every year is foot skills and more foot skills.

No slower now than he was in his debut season and remains just about our best midfield link player. Strange how people see things differently but he's a midfielder and that's where he needs to play.

Bullshit

Jeremy Finlayson available from Giants. Trade options opening up as an a KPD alternative to May. At less $ than May and at 22 IMO a better fit to our team. Would allow cap space to re-sign Langdon and others over next couple of years. We would probably hand over pick 18 and work out the balance with later picks.
I’m confident Moore will be at the Swans so we should have their pick 13 plus the result of the balance of his worth. The Swans will be busy this trade so hard to predict what other picks they will have to use. We might get away using that 13 on a mid before having to match IQ.

I actually quite liked the look of finlayson in the games I watched (many on here disagree), I know GWS think he has the talent to be an A grader but questions over off field attitude was a rumour I read on EBnW.

I always find "play to his strengths" thinking strange. Footy is a risk-reward game yet people want players to play safe. We lost Saturday because we stopped taking risks so I'd much prefer that players play with dare.

AGREE - Our strength is "dare", that is, taking the game on with fast transition.
So we lost by NOT playing to our strength which meant NOT playing safe.

Assuming fatigue was not a factor - we should have continued to run and gun after the 2nd goal in the last Qtr because WC were not capable of countering our free running.

Howe will have the op and be back in training and ready to go by round 1. Many player have shoulder ops at this time of the year and are available for RD.1.

If Moore goes then we will have probably get MAY, if he stays I have no concern about his ability to get back on the track. Many players go through and come back from long stretches of injury.

And Mclarty is another option down back.

And finally,if Langdon goes he's not going for nothing - we could well replace him with another key back with the trade.

So if Langdon goes we will build our backiline with:
- May or some other quality backman via the Langdon trade directly or indirectly
- Moore or Howe replacing Langdons intercepting
_ Mclarty as KPP defender

Then we add Shaz and Dunn in late season 2019.
And Murphy who could easily develop into an another intercept mark.

So we can lose Langdon and still be fine.

Is McLarty uncontracted?

Jeremy Finlayson available from Giants. Trade options opening up as an a KPD alternative to May. At less $ than May and at 22 IMO a better fit to our team. Would allow cap space to re-sign Langdon and others over next couple of years. We would probably hand over pick 18 and work out the balance with later picks.
I’m confident Moore will be at the Swans so we should have their pick 13 plus the result of the balance of his worth. The Swans will be busy this trade so hard to predict what other picks they will have to use. We might get away using that 13 on a mid before having to match IQ.

Why are you confident MOORE is going to the Swans????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't land any big fish this off season do we throw everything at getting Kelly at the end of 2019 to replace Pendles?

We should do this anyway, regardless. Only thing is that from memory there'd have to be an overlap of Pendlebury and Kelly given when the contracts of each end. Not necessarily a bad thing, though!

No slower now than he was in his debut season and remains just about our best midfield link player. Strange how people see things differently but he's a midfielder and that's where he needs to play.
He sucked in midfield this season. Stats well down on previous seasons and he's making more errors than I've ever seen. Natural improvement of Sier and likely move of De Goey to midfield opens up possibility that we may see Pendlebury fighting for a spot in the midfield next season. If he can't get a game in midfield then he may not get a game at all because he is too slow to play any other position imo. Hopefully 2018 was an anomaly but if we see more of the same in 2019 then it may be his last season.

He sucked in midfield this season. Stats well down on previous seasons and he's making more errors than I've ever seen. Natural improvement of Sier and likely move of De Goey to midfield opens up possibility that we may see Pendlebury fighting for a spot in the midfield next season. If he can't get a game in midfield then he may not get a game at all because he is too slow to play any other position imo. Hopefully 2018 was an anomaly but if we see more of the same in 2019 then it may be his last season.

Which stats was he down on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back