List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His only competition is Markov. But I agree, nothing is certain. He can only keep working hard and hope for the best.
Did Rye Penny get disintegrated or something?

Given they’ve brought in not 1, but 2 extra players to compete for that spot I’d say he’s far from certain to get it.

Heard Penny was just training with the VFL Side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calves aren't really talked about here now - too much hurt, angst, humiliation and general offence caused.
Sadly Jesse 'the body' Ventura's "he's got thin calves McMahon" is too old to have made the meme list or I'd be posting it right now

maxresdefault.jpg

I’d be inclined to take Markov now and perhaps look at drafting Steene in the MSD. It’s very unlikely that Steene would play an AFL game at the Pies before the MSD but it’s quite possible that Markov, who is readymade, could debut by then and more likely to replace an injured player

I’d be inclined to take Markov now and perhaps look at drafting Steene in the MSD. It’s very unlikely that Steene would play an AFL game at the Pies before the MSD but it’s quite possible that Markov, who is readymade, could debut by then and more likely to replace an injured player
Spot on mate. This makes a lot of sense.

Its an option. Think it'll depend are they looking at the short term or the long term. And to draft someone in the MSD, we'd need a long term injury or retirement between now and June.
But given the TBA with Macrae, its not impossible we'd have a spot.
With Steene, you'd have to have a long term view, but if you wanted a short term fix, then yeah, Markov would be the way.

We’ve seen Markov’s ceiling.
He’d be a depth player immediately.
Steene fills a need longer term with no trading or draft picks used.
I’ve seen precious little of Steene, but I suspect his ceiling is higher with potential longer term benefit.

I’m going Steene.
Markov will also be available at MSD.

We’ve seen Markov’s ceiling.
He’d be a depth player immediately.
Steene fills a need longer term with no trading or draft picks used.
I’ve seen precious little of Steene, but I suspect his ceiling is higher with potential longer term benefit.

I’m going Steene.
Markov will also be available at MSD.
I'm leaning to Markov. If we wanted Steene, we'd probably have signed him by now. I'd prefer Steene, given I think we have enough HB or players we can slot in at HB, but Markov is more important for the current aims of winning the flag.

Its an option. Think it'll depend are they looking at the short term or the long term. And to draft someone in the MSD, we'd need a long term injury or retirement between now and June.
But given the TBA with Macrae, its not impossible we'd have a spot.
With Steene, you'd have to have a long term view, but if you wanted a short term fix, then yeah, Markov would be the way.
I'm hoping Macrae's injury is nothing serious - he was starting to break out last year. 2023 is his season to star in the VFL and be promoted to the AFL where appropriate.

I'm leaning to Markov. If we wanted Steene, we'd probably have signed him by now. I'd prefer Steene, given I think we have enough HB or players we can slot in at HB, but Markov is more important for the current aims of winning the flag.
We've got a month to look at them, so there's no need to make a hasty decision.
I'm inclined to prefer Steene, given he has played seniors in the SANFL & done OK.
Plus he would be a cheap option for an area of need, although he would be a "project" player.
Markov has obvious athletic attributes, but has failed to set the world on fire at 2 clubs.
The Fly connection could be the clincher for him.

We've got a month to look at them, so there's no need to make a hasty decision.
I'm inclined to prefer Steene, given he has played seniors in the SANFL & done OK.
Plus he would be a cheap option for an area of need, although he would be a "project" player.
Markov has obvious athletic attributes, but has failed to set the world on fire at 2 clubs.
The Fly connection could be the clincher for him.
Not convinced we have seen Markovs ceiling. I think if given a run in the right AFL team could be a great player more than depth. I am not convinced we are side for him though. Club better judge than me.

Not convinced we have seen Markovs ceiling. I think if given a run in the right AFL team could be a great player more than depth. I am not convinced we are side for him though. Club better judge than me.
The reason I lean toward Steene is that we already have a number of players that fill a similar role to Markov, but we are thin when it comes to rucks.
(The rhyme was intentional. :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back