List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been following any of the 3 training reports we are fortunate enough to get on here on a regular basis or any of Jen,s training clips because if you have you would see that Eyre is indeed doing the work.

Another thing you may have noticed is that Sam is doing a very good interpretation of the invisible man,I have been worried about Sam,s size but you could get past that if he was showing anything but he has not so far.

He has another chance tomorrow it probably should be his last unless he pulls his finger out.

Sorry mate i'll listen to the club, not you or wannabe recruiters, we shall see when they release a statement on it

I wouldn't be reading too much into a couple of weeks training, no real match sim, a few bits of footage and a few supporters just sharing their opinion on what they've seen.

I think the coaches will give all these players every opportunity to prove themselves & are no doubt looking at different things in each player that we couldn't possibly know or pick up from a few snippets of footage.
Trueeeee

Sorry mate i'll listen to the club, not you or wannabe recruiters, we shall see when they release a statement on it

Trueeeee
Well mate I think you said the other day that you expected Sofronidis to be signed up by the club, I do not know who will be signed up but on the exposed evidence so I would think Sofa is behind Eyre.
Why would you pick someone who struggling to come to terms with what it takes to play AFL at the top level.

We will begin playing intra club matches before the end of January and then we will see what,s what.

We all have opinions, but we'll wait and see how it plays out. But the club is impressed by Eyre at this stage of pre-season. Lets see what happens in January.

But there is no need to downplay anyone's opinion. Or thoughts about what they have or havent seen.

Why do you think he's the only one doing this?
Because he posts on socials....so therefore the others aren't doing extra work?

So really, the trick here is to just rock up at my local gym and have someone take a 10 second video of me doing something (i'll even get the recording done on a tuesday just so i can release it sat & sun) and then i'm all good!

Lets just wait and see what happens when it gets a bit serious after the break and proper match sim rolls around.....
As pointed out earlier, things can change over a few weeks.

Heck, Jen & everyone was all aboard the Briskett train (or whatever his name was) a few years back......
Briskett Train!

homer-simpson-drooling.gif

I read up about Eyre on the Essendon board given he has the most hype of the 6 to see why he didnt last with them

Seems he was played mostly forward and very good at getting into position to mark, but dropped most of his opportunities.

There was mention of VFL being cancelled due to covid and injuries related to his growth spurt, depriving development opportunity

Then heaps of posters were calling for him to play in defense given that he gets into great position, where he can at least spoil if he cant mark, and got some opportunity in the late half of 2022, where he started to impress

Then they felt there was a squeeze on talls with, Reid, Cox, and the emerging Zerk-Thatcher

Overall he fits the profile of a key potion player that can bloom as his body matures, and can also play forward well if he can hold marks

I read up about Eyre on the Essendon board given he has the most hype of the 6 to see why he didnt last with them

Seems he was played mostly forward and very good at getting into position to mark, but dropped most of his opportunities.

There was mention of VFL being cancelled due to covid and injuries related to his growth spurt, depriving development opportunity

Then heaps of posters were calling for him to play in defense given that he gets into great position, where he can at least spoil if he cant mark, and got some opportunity in the late half of 2022, where he started to impress

Then they felt there was a squeeze on talls with, Reid, Cox, and the emerging Zerk-Thatcher

Overall he fits the profile of a key potion player that can bloom as his body matures, and can also play forward well if he can hold marks
In his draft profile, it mentions marking as a strength.
He's quick and has good endurance.
With Zerk-Thatcher now at Port, it hopefully leaves the bummers short down back.

That’s particularly interesting because we probably don’t need him to hold the mark at the rate other teams might.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand Eyre had a big growth spurt, not unlike Ed Allan, which would take a while to adjust to, as well as possibly contributing to the hamstring issues he's had.
Been known to happen. Like Moore in his early years.

Great to see GWS have committed to putting two more years into developing Cadman before we bring him as our forward for Naicos, Allan, Haz, Baz and Holmes

When he clutched at his hammy late last year I nearly had a heart attack because of this! Seems so long ago now
Yeah, that was unfortunate, I was there at the time.
But seems he has put in the work in the off-season to get his hamstrings right, and hopefully the medical staff is helping him with a program that works. If moore and elliott can go from injury prone to what they are now, no reason they cant help eyre with his too. The amount of running they have been doing this pre season is a lot, and there has been no signs of any issues. So hopefully those injuries are behind him.

Yeah, that was unfortunate, I was there at the time.
But seems he has put in the work in the off-season to get his hamstrings right, and hopefully the medical staff is helping him with a program that works. If moore and elliott can go from injury prone to what they are now, no reason they cant help eyre with his too. The amount of running they have been doing this pre season is a lot, and there has been no signs of any issues. So hopefully those injuries are behind him.
Amen. Wonder if we pitched our medical teams prowess to Doedee. I imagine brisbane pitched theirs too seeming they've had Joe daniher completely turned around from the cotton wool he was in at essendon. Oh well, thats the way it goes sometimes.

Amen. Wonder if we pitched our medical teams prowess to Doedee. I imagine brisbane pitched theirs too seeming they've had Joe daniher completely turned around from the cotton wool he was in at essendon. Oh well, thats the way it goes sometimes.
Danihers main problem was his heartstring , but yes, it has come good up there where the pressure aint.

In the NFL preseason, what you listen for is the “jungle drums beating”, that is the consistent positive reports about how a player is showing out. Anyone can have an off day, but if someone is making the grade or finally healthy and showing they are at the required standard, then you will get recurring optimistic views of a player from multiple sources which accrue over time.

I don’t have first-hand access to these guys, and I haven’t been at training in any capacity this offseason, but the consistent, unanimous reporting around Sofronidis has been that he’s been invisible. It’s wisdom of the crowd stuff, but it’s also highly plausible given his physique and the step up he will be experiencing going from VAFA.
What’s the collective wisdom of a Collingwood crowd like 🤔

Can you elaborate? Is it for our run and carry style
Stationary target inside 30 of goal. As long as there’s a contest bringing the ball to ground we’re happy. Other clubs don’t run the quality of small we have in Hill, Elliott, Schultz and McReery so the mark is more important to them.

An example is Essendon with Wright he’s always been an inconsistent mark and if he’s only bringing it to ground they aren’t quite sharp enough to cash in so they need the mark to score big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back