2023 DVD box set problems please check round 16 and 19 discs

Remove this Banner Ad

DIDAIC0S

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone else have the box set of 2023 Collingwood Games on DVD?

Have found that there are 2 discs that don’t work!
Took the box set back and exchanged for another set at JB Hifi.

However same two games don’t play!

Round 16 against the Suns
Round 19 against Port

Both these discs were unreadable on both sets!
Can anybody else check theirs and see if they have same issue?

Will be taking back for a refund.
Seems Madman are producing crap.
Have seen some other posts about the disappointing quality of their AFL media products.

Please merge if necessary mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else have the box set of 2023 Collingwood Games on DVD?

Have found that there are 2 discs that don’t work!
Took the box set back and exchanged for another set at JB Hifi.

However same two games don’t play!

Round 16 against the Suns
Round 19 against Port

Both these discs were unreadable on both sets!
Can anybody else check theirs and see if they have same issue?

Will be taking back for a refund.
Seems Madman are producing crap.
Have seen some other posts about the disappointing quality of their AFL media products.

Please merge if necessary mods.

There was no issue with mine. I bought it for Xmas and did a complete rewatch all working.

You might have just gotten a rare faulty one.

There was no issue with mine. I bought it for Xmas and did a complete rewatch all working.

You might have just gotten a rare faulty one.

Thanks Jen but as I stated it was 2 box sets both with faulty round 16 and 19 games.

What does the picture quality look like?
It's standard dvd quality. So not HD, but perfectly fine otherwise.

There's no menus or anything on each game but if you're getting 26 discs for around $100 you can't complain too much.

I dont understand why they bother with dvd's. All new tvs have a usb connection, so why not have digital versions you can buy on a usb stick. After all, it is the digital age!
Spare a thought for Carlton. They missed a whole generation of technology without a flag to watch. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont understand why they bother with dvd's. All new tvs have a usb connection, so why not have digital versions you can buy on a usb stick. After all, it is the digital age!

Because people want a Hard Copy and don't have to rely on having internet to watch it

Sadly I doubt they will Release a Download of Content/games
I don't really see a difference between the file being burnt onto a dvd rather than added to a memory stick. Personally, I'd find a memory stick much more convenient - particularly as I don't own a way of playing a DVD.

No you don’t.
That’s much better.
You only have to take it off the wall once to plug the cable in.
Mind you.
You’d only have to take it off the wall once to put the premiership usb stick in as well, because it ain’t coming out!

You can put copying protection on a flash drive. But copy protected dvds and flash drives are both really easy to get around, just have to download an app
Yep would be (hypothetically of course!) very easy to evade and put into a digital library app like Plex Media that you can pull up on Apple TV/Chromecast and watch the season like its Netflix

But you do need to take your tv off the wall mount to stick it in the USB input on the back of the TV.
Do you? Last time I tried to get the TV off the mount I left it for the technician chappie to do. Now I have a bigger TV, the screwdriver will have even further to travel to the ever elusive screw. USB input won't be happening on my TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back