Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, HBS Sat 01/07, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something? Mitchell hasn't been categorically ruled out yet, has he?
Not yet but when you fail to complete a fitness test, it's generally not a good sign. Still waiting on the injury report. The more delayed it is, the more concerning it is.

Not yet but when you fail to complete a fitness test, it's generally not a good sign. Still waiting on the injury report. The more delayed it is, the more concerning it is.
Thankfully that was yesterday & the game's not until Saturday. Until they formally announce it, there's still hope. The delay in calling it, could also mean they are giving him plenty of time. And since none of us know what the actual issue is, it's all a bit of a guess isn't it?

Rowell isn’t huge, but he is a relentless bulldog. Tackles, clearances and contested possessions are his bread and butter. Not as simple as just measurements, otherwise Crisp would be better suited to in & under play than Adams
true - but that is also the challenge for smaller bodies like Titch and Adams who will start.
Crisp may well be needed if their mids are dominating.

The psychology of your average football supporter is an interesting one.

If we were losing everyone would be bemoaning our aging midfield and calling for youth.

As we are winning when some of those same midfielders are set to miss due to injury we'd rather shuffle dads army around rather than give opportunity to a young midfielder for what might only be 1 week.

No one is suggesting a player like a Macrae is of the same quality of Mitchell or a Rowell etc but neither is any of our other options running around in the VFL at present so I see little risk attached should he be the one given the nod ahead of another.
It seems our coaching staff have the same psychology

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A combination of Nick, pendles, crisp, adams with Elliot rotating mid might suffice. Cover the flanks as has been mentioned before.

If Mitchell is out this is a 50/50 game for me. I don’t think our record up
there is great from memory. Suns should be playing finals with their list

Our record up there normally includes about 60 possessions from Touk Miller.

I learned from watching Curb Your Enthusiasm that there's only two ways to have a sore neck - being in a car crash, or performing oral sex.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
4f99de31-cfca-45e9-ad52-96ba8c7bf4c1_text.gif

Finlay would get pushed off the ball by all those you compared him with. They have greater strength and a lower centre of gravity.

Anderson has more ability and is 88kg so atleast his weight is more proportionate with his height.
There plenty of mature bodies in the VFL that Macrae has had no problem in tackling or stopping.

Finlay would get pushed off the ball by all those you compared him with. They have greater strength and a lower centre of gravity.

Anderson has more ability and is 88kg so atleast his weight is more proportionate with his height.
On the one hand you're asking for players to be rested .. then you're saying those who would come in to replace them are not up to it ..

They got 2 first round picks.

I don't think they got much more than they turned down the previous year but picks 10 & 16 and an exchange of late picks isn't a bad outcome for them. They took Lachie O'Brien with pick 10 and pick 16 was traded to the Doggies and they picked Ed Richards.

He's also coming off a pretty big game in the VFL. I would be happy to get Ryan a game or two this season (Suns & Hawks)

While he had a good game, I think his stats are a little inflated by his kick outs after points. Swans kicked 17 of them and I think Ryan took the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back