Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, HBS Sat 01/07, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are still with us after flying United. Some sort of miracle
The slogan many made a joke of was "United, the airline your grandma flies with." They were right, but the service in Business was excellent. I always took a box of doughnuts on board and gave them the the flight attendants.

People keep assuming Markov will get dropped

Yeah I don’t see it. Dude seems to be getting better by the week and plays like he knows he’s been given a great opportunity to be part of something special

I have a sneaking suspicion that if we do somehow manage to go all the way, Markov will have a Premiership Medal around his neck
Markov can probably get close to Nobles level, plus he is actually tall enough to defend in the air. Its a pretty handy combo

Not a surprise to see Frampton. A little surprising to see no tall forward come in for AJ. Can't rule out the possibility that Frampton will play forward or ruck, but I assume it's defence. If so, this is good news for Howe. Makes him the 4th or 5th voice as defensive medium/tall and allows him to play an attacking game.

If that is our defensive line, I doubt it will be a common one. Only works against teams that have enough tall forwards worth worrying about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not when they were 20 years old.

And not sure what this has got to do with the point about size and centre of gravity etc. you posted that I replied to.
Whilst I like mcrae, I don't think he's bashing the door down. And Mitchell did notch 64 touches in a neafl game when he was 20.

Whilst I like mcrae, I don't think he's bashing the door down. And Mitchell did notch 64 touches in a neafl game when he was 20.
As sr36 rightly pointed out before, the good mids are generally playing consisten footy in the seniors by year 3. The elite ones obviously early. We can hope macrae makes it, but he’s not tracking to become an a grader, which is what we need to replace the likes of pendles, sidey, adams etc

People keep assuming Markov will get dropped

Yeah I don’t see it. Dude seems to be getting better by the week and plays like he knows he’s been given a great opportunity to be part of something special

I have a sneaking suspicion that if we do somehow manage to go all the way, Markov will have a Premiership Medal around his neck

He certainly continues to impress. However, I expect him to be omitted next week. DeGoey is back which pushes one of our midfielders back to defence. Markov is essentially filling one of the small defender positions because Daicos has moved into the midfield since the DeGoey suspension.

I hope we keep Daicos in the midfield, but this will mean someone like Crisp will move back to defence, which is where I think Markov is the unlucky man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back