Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, HBS Sat 01/07, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm
Not sure about going in with the one recognised key forward only.

Let’s see if match committee know what they’re doing here
Noble to wing and WHE to play tall forward ?
IQ Maynard and Markov to play on the small forwards ?

And yet he's one of the responsible for helping us to win close games. Often
WHE has good speed and great endurance, which is why he runs games out.
I don't see the point of him being a sub because of that.
The sub should be a player who can have an impact, but may not have the best endurance, or young players we're trying to get game time into - Ginni and HH this week are examples.

Happy that Frampton is back in.
Likely that Cox and Cameron rotate between ruck and forward so one is down there permanently.

Wouldn’t mind playing Cox out of the goal square and having Hill and Elliott/McCreery close by.

Frampton and Moore take Casboult and King.
Howe/Murphy on Lukosius. The other plays an intercept role.

Hopefully N.Daicos starts in the guts.

As sr36 rightly pointed out before, the good mids are generally playing consisten footy in the seniors by year 3. The elite ones obviously early. We can hope macrae makes it, but he’s not tracking to become an a grader, which is what we need to replace the likes of pendles, sidey, adams etc
I think its purely based on a lack of opportunities, Macrae would get a game for most clubs IMO. Look at Poulter for example playing for the Dogs this week despite probably being a bottom 4-6 player on our list last year. We have got ridiculous depth at the moment. The fact guys like Ginni who kicked 40 goals last year and can't get in the team shows hoe good our depth is.

I think its purely based on a lack of opportunities, Macrae would get a game for most clubs IMO. Look at Poulter for example playing for the Dogs this week despite probably being a bottom 4-6 player on our list last year. We have got ridiculous depth at the moment. The fact guys like Ginni who kicked 40 goals last year and can't get in the team shows hoe good our depth is.
It also doesn't help that the inside mid role is a pretty demanding one and incredibly important too, so it's hard to throw an inexperienced kid straight into the guts while you're shooting for the premiership. It's doable with forwards or midfield types who you can play on a flank and get decent output but extremely hard for an exclusively inside type like Fin.

Key defenders have the same issue often (see DGB at hawks)

Just a 5pt victory last time we played Gold Coast away.

Out from that match:
Sidebottom 27 disposals
De Goey 11 disposals
Ginnivan 8 disposals, 3 goals
Ruscoe 12 disposals
Henry 8 disposals, 1 goal
Chugg (Sub 0% TOG)

In:
Mitchell
Howe
Hill
Markov
Frampton
Harrison

A few obvious outs for Gold Coast:
Rankine 18 disposals, 4 goals
Miller 31 disposals
Markov 18 disposals :moustache:
Bowes 18 disposals

A few notable ins:
King
Lukosius
Fiorini (Sub 0% TOG)
Weller
Humphrey

Has tradedraft hacked your account?

Haha - no but I do feel that we’re especially vulnerable this week, particularly if Mitchell is a late out, joining DeGoey and Sidebottom on the sidelines.

A midfield core of Adams, Pendles, Crisp, Lipinski isn’t going to scare anyone, especially Gold Coast whose midfield is their greatest strength. Our forward mix looks weird too without AJ or Ginni (or DeGoey) and Elliott well below his best.

The Daicii are going to have to play a blinder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back