Live Event 2018 Trade Radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Clever guy thinking back on his career ;)
I'm with him though, prefer Bhutan or Mongolia to Bali or Vegas. Mongolia is actually on my bucket list.

How'd you end up in SC legend?

Had the opportunity to go Mongolia when I was 27 (16 years ago) but i was young and stupid. Closest I got was Laos and that was awesome.

I'm planning for 2019, how did you go mate?

Every time I think of Supercoach 2018 this happens:

giphy.gif

Rang in, got my full question in but cut me off as they began answering it. So I missed the answer lol
Always thought it was weird they don't give callers a right of reply or an opportunity to clarify their question. I guess they hang up on them all before the hosts actually get around to asking for clarification, so that explains that.

Having said that, the hotline appears to be treated with contempt and the questions aren't really answered very well, like oh man I have to do those calls again?! oh good the 5m is up leave the rest of them on the line for another 40 minutes before we have to do it again. It's like it only exists because the sponsor wanted it, and they'd rather listen to the sound of their own voices.

The List Manager - AFL House telling me if a club doesn't want to follow the 2 first round draft picks in 4 years rule, just tell them your reason and you will be fine.

Does this work for all rules - we don't like only having to abide by the salary cap - we think we can get another player if we pay more. Just put in an application to the AFL and it should be fine. Love the wriggle room.

If this is true (we have already seen it is), the AFL may as well call it a guieline, not a rule

What a joke!
Most AFL ‘rules’ are guidelines.
Have you seen the AFL guidelines of the game. The guidelines of the game are there to give a guideline on what the rules should achieve but some rules contradict those guidelines.

Always thought it was weird they don't give callers a right of reply or an opportunity to clarify their question. I guess they hang up on them all before the hosts actually get around to asking for clarification, so that explains that.

Having said that, the hotline appears to be treated with contempt and the questions aren't really answered very well, like oh man I have to do those calls again?! oh good the 5m is up leave the rest of them on the line for another 40 minutes before we have to do it again. It's like it only exists because the sponsor wanted it, and they'd rather listen to the sound of their own voices.

Agree we should be able to clarify or argue our points, its a bit of a cop out. They way they currently do it they may as well read tweets.

Confirmed. It was never Freo that leaked Beams trade. Thankyou.

...but it was an AFL club that confirmed it.

Plus Barrett flipping now and saying Freo have every right to hold out and look after the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the opportunity to go Mongolia when I was 27 (16 years ago) but i was young and stupid. Closest I got was Laos and that was awesome.

I'm planning for 2019, how did you go mate?

Every time I think of Supercoach 2018 this happens:

giphy.gif
Spent a bit of time in Laos myself. Brilliant place.
My SC experience was similar to yours unfortunately. I lose interest in footy by about rd 17 anyhow which doesn’t help. Planning already? Perhaps that’s why I’m no good

Beams more or less made it obvious a few weeks ago that he would see out his current contract at Brisbane (End of 2019) and most likely leave to go back to Melbourne which most people assumed meant Collingwood. David Noble also hinted at the time that he would be likley to leave at the end of 2019.

From the outside looking in it appears that Collingwood are the ones trying to drive this trade to make it happen this year, not Brisbane trying to offload him - Barrett didn't 'break' a story, he had an each way bet.

No that makes little sense.
The Pies priority has been May and re-signing Moore. Beams admitted at the Lions B&F that he had been contemplating moving back to Melbourne during the season because family are down there.

He has been the instigator but obviously doesn’t want to let the Lions down.

To say the Pies have driven it is plain rubbish.

And by the way, his contract doesn’t end until the end of 2020. Has another 2 years to run.

Terry Wallace on Karl Amon

'Good user of the ball'

I'm out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back