No Oppo Supporters 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Swans are excited to announce that the club is in the running to claim a LGBTI award next year. I really don't care what they do , but lets focus on being a better footy team than this crap waste of time.

Hardly mutually exclusive.

The Swans are excited to announce that the club is in the running to claim a LGBTI award next year. I really don't care what they do , but lets focus on being a better footy team than this crap waste of time.

You think the club should just drop any sort of community involvement or engagement and only engage in actions that directly relate to current on field success?

Or is it just this particular form of community engagement that is a problem?

You think the club should just drop any sort of community involvement or engagement and only engage in actions that directly relate to current on field success?

Or is it just this particular form of community engagement that is a problem?
Nothing against what their doing , I have people in my family involved in the organisation . I just wish we would concentrate on footy. Involve yourself on the day that's all.

Nothing against what their doing , I have people in my family involved in the organisation . I just wish we would concentrate on footy. Involve yourself on the day that's all.

It isn't like the football department have all stopped work to go accept an award.

There are parts of the club dedicated to football, senior and junior, parts dedicated to members, to marketing and communications, to finances, to community engagement... I don't see how the non-football parts of the club doing their job means that that the football-focused parts aren't concentrating on theirs.

It isn't like the football department have all stopped work to go accept an award.

There are parts of the club dedicated to football, senior and junior, parts dedicated to members, to marketing and communications, to finances, to community engagement... I don't see how the non-football parts of the club doing their job means that that the football-focused parts aren't concentrating on theirs.
It's my opinion and i'm allowed it . It like in the Cheer Squad all year having a gay flag up , it's not our colours , but do it on the celebrated day.

It's my opinion and i'm allowed it . It like in the Cheer Squad all year having a gay flag up , it's not our colours , but do it on the celebrated day.

You are allowed to have your opinions. I'm allowed to try and get you to justify them.

The cheer squad regularly has an Aboriginal flag flying in it too. It shows that we support the Aboriginal players and supporters that we have in our club. I don't see why that support and inclusion should only be expressed one day a year.

Just part of the whinge fest that has infected sections of the Swans board.

What do they say if you don’t stand for something you stand for nothing

I have a few people who are friends or friends of friends who footy means the world too and it’s made their life choices easier and more accepted with these types of gestures

Not big on clubs taking big political stands, but this is just a fundamental rights issue

Not like the players missed games , just a nice inclusive initiative that maybe makes things easier for some,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the Hawks are telling the truth about Scully’s ankle injury...seems to be fine bowling leggies in the UAE!

Damn, So Hawthorn gave up a future 3rd Rounder for Scrimshaw and a future 4th Rounder who was a Pick 7 in the draft 2 years ago? Either he was a complete bust for a high draft pick or GCS have bent themselves over a barrel yet again, because the difference between those picks next year is going to be pretty little. They've given away a 20 year old for virtually nothing.It's a no lose situation for the Hawks.
GC and Giants are ust fly in/fy out outfirs for the big four melbourne clubs that basically dominate the drafting/remuneration/and playing rules of what is laughingly called a national competition. The northern clubs are sucker clubs whereby they draft high picks, train them, sieve the failures out and then then big four contract them as finished footballers. The system was designed to create this outcome. Oh and mums cooking of course bringing the finished product "home".

Damn, So Hawthorn gave up a future 3rd Rounder for Scrimshaw and a future 4th Rounder who was a Pick 7 in the draft 2 years ago? Either he was a complete bust for a high draft pick or GCS have bent themselves over a barrel yet again, because the difference between those picks next year is going to be pretty little. They've given away a 20 year old for virtually nothing.It's a no lose situation for the Hawks.

The Hawks now are left with picks 53 & 90.
Yes they have some wonderful names on paper & if they land on their feet again as they seem to with players who have had injury issues in the past, then they will challenge for the next 5 flags. However, if they stop being kissed on the ***k suddenly & Scully never plays again, JOM's knee flares up as predicted & Wingard continues with the his sooking when it gets too hard, they lose their number one ruckman for the season & their key forward & smartest defender can't can't get on the park regularly, then things change dramatically.

But realistically speaking, that won't happen because they are Hawthorn & they have the best medical team that perform miracles so they will challenge for the next 5 flags.

I'm not really a fan of the changes. To me it's just showing the AFL are trying to muck around with the game enough to try and manufacture a style of game to engage more people into attending and viewing on the tele. And the rule changes won't stop there, they'll introduce more and more in the coming years mostly likely

Change is inevitable. You just have to hope those changes are for the better. Unfortunately, not all are and opinions vary on them. All I know for my own opinion is there are specific aspects I love about footy and despise about soccer, most glaringly staging. And the red card rule being brought into footy I fear would lead to more of a temptation for players to stage. After reading the rule changes for next year did not mention a red card rule, I am thankful. But I also feel the debate has not been squashed and those who oppose the idea need to be prepared to raise Hell every time someone speaks in support of it.

Change is inevitable. You just have to hope those changes are for the better. Unfortunately, not all are and opinions vary on them. All I know for my own opinion is there are specific aspects I love about footy and despise about soccer, most glaringly staging. And the red card rule being brought into footy I fear would lead to more of a temptation for players to stage. After reading the rule changes for next year did not mention a red card rule, I am thankful. But I also feel the debate has not been squashed and those who oppose the idea need to be prepared to raise Hell every time someone speaks in support of it.
But we have a penalty for staging now. And I felt it worked well this year. So wouldn’t that mitigate the red card?

Got no problem with aflw existing, though it is overhyped considering it can’t stand on its own feet, but it is annoying it floods your feed via afl, fox footy etc, but you can dare be critical of it on those posts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back