List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if was two pick no.20s?

They be second rounders then and I guess everyone would be happy.

It would be about the same price as we paid for the superstar Aish.

It’s more the principle. 2 first rounders what we should have got 5 years ago.
He’s not worth the same anymore.

He wants to come to US. We don’t even need him. I understand if it was a KPP that we desperately need.

It doesn’t matter though. Only reason giving up this years first made sense was because we were already getting Quaynor & Will Kelly- which fills list needs.

We still lack outside run & genuine KPP depth.
We are potentially in a window. We aren't going to pick up KPP which are going to help next year.

It’s more the principle. 2 first rounders what we should have got 5 years ago.
He’s not worth the same anymore.

He wants to come to US. We don’t even need him. I understand if it was a KPP that we desperately need.
We got De Goey, pick 25 and Crisp. We weren't ripped off. Nor were teams able to trade future picks back then.

I want Beams, but in a weird-way, I hope the deal doesn’t get done.

2 first rounders are too expensive.

Personally, like Gibbs a couple of years ago don’t think it’ll happen.

But it honestly wouldn’t bother me. Beams would obviously be nice to have but I don’t see a 29 year old midfielder as a “need” for us.

I would have preferred Shiel myself.

Just on McLarty, if he's truly on the way out, you'd have to suspect it's something to do with his hearing making it too difficult? Everything else about him seems fine?

Only area i see is his kicking. Sometimes have felt can be a bit off but that's being picky. Just dont understand why isnt a key back. He is also a better prospect than any other I see being available in the rookie draft. Maybe the view is they see Magden as a better reserve defender than him and that they cant see him as a fwd.

I want Beams, but in a weird-way, I hope the deal doesn’t get done.

2 first rounders are too expensive.

Think of it as only one first rounder, if we get picks back for Quaynor and Kelly.

Quaynor's bid will come in the 13-17 range and we would have had to use it anyway.

Just on McLarty, if he's truly on the way out, you'd have to suspect it's something to do with his hearing making it too difficult? Everything else about him seems fine?
Have read articles about him and says he often has to get people to repeat things to him or needs more direct communication at times. There was also that game (last year?) where it was said his implant stopped working and had to either play out a 1/4 or a 1/2 without any hearing.

Think of it as only one first rounder, if we get picks back for Quaynor and Kelly.

Quaynor's bid will come in the 13-17 range and we would have had to use it anyway.

That's how I see it.

I am reluctant but ok to use the two first rounders if we get back enough points to ensure we land Kelly and Isaac this year along with Atu who wont cost much anyway. Beams is a star!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quaynor won’t get a bid in the top 20. Take it to the bank. Twoomey constantly overrates NGA F/S prospects.

We got Brown & Daicos for 38 & 56(I think). He had them both going top 30.

I haven't seen anything that would suggest his hearing has hindered his development.

There wouldn't be as much noise at a VFL game, playing in front of 70k at the mcg or a packed house in either Adelaide or Perth could be a different story. If he's playing a defensive role, that communication would be so vital. But that being said I'm just speculating as I wouldn't have a clue how much it would actually affect him as I do not have the same condition.

At the mid season coaches’ review they did suggest it was having at least a small impact by hindering his communication with teammates. They listed an area of improvement or focus for each player and his was “Be a better teammate”, which they said was in relation to communication on the field. They didn’t make it sound like a massive problem, but then again, they probably wouldn’t.

I haven't seen anything that would suggest his hearing has hindered his development.
His hearing affects his game awareness, if you watch vfl regularly it’s patently obvious that he needs to be looking directly at the play to know we’re to run and it leaves him exposed especially from opposition kick-ins or any fast play for that matter. I think he is a good prospect and super aggressive in the air so I would persist but I’m fearing he will be cut

Personally, like Gibbs a couple of years ago don’t think it’ll happen.

But it honestly wouldn’t bother me. Beams would obviously be nice to have but I don’t see a 29 year old midfielder as a “need” for us.

I would have preferred Shiel myself.

Late play for Shiel now that would be exciting

Only area i see is his kicking. Sometimes have felt can be a bit off but that's being picky. Just dont understand why isnt a key back. He is also a better prospect than any other I see being available in the rookie draft. Maybe the view is they see Magden as a better reserve defender than him and that they cant see him as a fwd.
Any word if they are going to rookie him? I’m pretty disappointed.

Maybe they also think the Irish boys are going to go past him quickly?

It'll get done.

The more clubs involved the better IMO. Brisbane might like to piss us off and play games but if their "point making" with us blows up goodwill with 5 other clubs...........far less likely. The messier the better too - if we give up firsts (hopefully first and second) and get back plenty of 2018 points indirectly (from clubs other than Brisbane) it helps them come out of it looking okay too .

The more I hear about this "mega deal" the more I think we might come out of it without getting reamed. I'm just surprised our first offer was as high as it was.

Quaynor won’t get a bid in the top 20. Take it to the bank. Twoomey constantly overrates NGA F/S prospects.

We got Brown & Daicos for 38 & 56(I think). He had them both going top 30.

I know a recruiter, He's said he is fairly confident a bid comes in the first round for Quaynor, but he actually likes Will Kelly more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back