Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT EVEN REMOTELY INTERESTED !!! .......If Dangerfield were on our list now & being traded, he wouldn't command those picks

What about 8, 13 and 21?, or
8, 13 and 2019 first round pick?

I'm likening the idea of a scenario we would be comfortable with if acceptated but also one that may force the Pears hand to give up more of their picks this year to stay in front of us.......sure they may get first dibs at the SA talent but if they have to give up 5 & 10 or more I think that would be a win in the bigger picture considering what they have given away and possibly be left with 2 first rounders at best.

8 & 13 is too much
Probably yes, but its considerably more palatable than giving away 16 as well.

If its 8 and 13 youd have to have another pick coming back as well as 4.

I just dont see any club giving up a top 4 pick.

I'm likening the idea of a scenario we would be comfortable with if acceptated but also one that may force the Pears hand to give up more of their picks this year to stay in front of us.......sure they may get first dibs at the SA talent but if they have to give up 5 & 10 or more I think that would be a win in the bigger picture considering what they have given away and possibly be left with 2 first rounders at best.
If we give up that then they would be wise to hold their fire. That's 3 first rounders for 1 kid..... huge price to pay.

NOT EVEN REMOTELY INTERESTED !!! .......If Dangerfield were on our list now & being traded, he wouldn't command those picks

Indeed. It's all very well to get excited about moving up the order, but when you pause and realise that the price would be enough to trade in a Dangerfield or Martin and leaving the other club feeling like they won that trade, you need to re-think.

If it's Gold Coast's #6 .....I'd go #13 plus #16 .....or #13 and our 1st 2019, if they want to stock up for next year

If it's St Kilda #4 ........I'd go #8 plus #16 ......and at a pinch, a 2019 2nd

They may see Lukosuis as a once in a generation player who is worth that.
Like has been mentioned, that's more than youd give up for a Martin, Fyfe, Cripps etc.

No pressure Jack.

If we give up that then they would be wise to hold their fire. That's 3 first rounders for 1 kid..... huge price to pay.

That's true, but if we rocket up the ladder then a 2019 first rounder may be more palatable.

I think putting our eggs in the "getting them back in 2 years" is more hope than realistic and if any of them go to Port I say there is a 0.01% chance of them ever coming across to us.
Is it more beneficial to give up a bit more now given where our list is or not?

That's true, but if we rocket up the ladder then a 2019 first rounder may be more palatable.

I think putting our eggs in the "getting them back in 2 years" is more hope than realistic and if any of them go to Port I say there is a 0.01% chance of them ever coming across to us.
Is it more beneficial to give up a bit more now given where our list is or not?
It's a good discussion point, and I'm sure that's exactly what our list management guys have been doing most of the year.

The thing with your first point though, is theres a fair chance we finish higher next year, if Burton and Hass do even a smidge better. It makes trading it out more palatable to us, but less so to another club.

Gonna be a tense draft night if it hasn't been done before then. The cynic in me reckons the AFL will want some pick trading up the top end.

Getting one of the two (if we rate them that highly) is a huge win.

Assuming they go to Gold Coast, we won't have the currency in two years to bring back both at the same time. Won't happen. You can maybe bring back one, but not both.

Let the Power get one, and we never see them again, plus they are in the box seat to get the other one back from GC. If GC don't pick both and one slides to 5, that's a realistic chance.

Assuming we have a decent year next year and our first is 11 upwards, would next years first, 13&16 be worth doing for pick 3 or 4?

Would Gold Coast or Saints be interested?

Leaves us 4,8 & 21. Or is that too much to give?
Lock it in Eddie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate the king boys top 4 with Walsh and rankine, so wouldn't be a bad decision by GC to get both of them.
Ken.bought his jigsaw puzzle from a second hand store & it has many pieces permanently missing. ;)

I rate the king boys top 4 with Walsh and rankine, so wouldn't be a bad decision by GC to get both of them.
GC could pick the 2nd King up with pick #6, allowing them to pick one of the SA guns like Rankine with pick 2/3 with Max King.

Just a question of how they want to build their side.

I would have thought getting 2 brothers together makes it less likely to lose them given their retension issues.

Lukosius, Rankine, wank, wank, wank, cum all over the BigFooty walls everywhere, scarcity biases, confirmation biases, and any other logical fallacy you could think of and lets all have circle jerk and sell the farm for two unknowns just because they're South Australian. Good luck to them, but the chances of them even making AA (let alone becoming our next Mark Ricciuto) is about 9.5%. Stop wanking and start thinking. No certainties to be A grade AFL players and happy for other teams to get them and see what we can get with our quality picks.

Given the saints have already said they want 8, 13 and 16 for 4 I can't see how we're going to do this trade with them
Yes, we will do better with the 3 picks than 1.

Lukosius, Rankine, wank, wank, wank, cum all over the BigFooty walls everywhere, scarcity biases, confirmation biases, and any other logical fallacy you could think of and lets all have circle jerk and sell the farm for two unknowns just because they're South Australian. Good luck to them, but the chances of them even making AA (let alone becoming our next Mark Ricciuto) is about 9.5%. Stop wanking and start thinking. No certainties to be A grade AFL players and happy for other teams to get them and see what we can get with our quality picks.
Geez mate thats too negative, back the club in ok

Lukosius, Rankine, ...
scarcity biases, confirmation biases, and any other logical fallacy you could think of and ... sell the farm for two unknowns just because they're South Australian. Good luck to them, but the chances of them even making AA (let alone becoming our next Mark Ricciuto) is about 9.5% ... start thinking. No certainties to be A grade AFL players and happy for other teams to get them and see what we can get with our quality picks.
Fixed your post. I totally agree with it!:thumbsu:

Simon Lethlean said there had been discussion with us about pick 8 & 13 but they'd be looking for more than that, probably 16, to even consider it
St Kilda has no use for pick thirteens because they can't develop them.

Tom+Lynch+St+Kilda+Training+Session+ogQCPv0lCrPl.jpg

Is anyone starting to think we may actually be a .01% chance of getting Luko?

Gold Coast could take both King brothers and a gun mid. Surely recruiting brothers will combat the go home factor more than drafting friends.

Saints have pick 4, then pick 36. They are void of top end talent and a couple of first rounders, even if they are a bit later, are surely more beneficial than one gun pick. Not necessarily buying into them taking King either who could possibly take years to make any impact and they really need some top end mid talent, not more of this depth shiet. 8 + 16 for 4 is a great deal, go back 4 places to gain an entire first rounder, pretend it's not a sweet deal you mongoloids.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is...

SneakyHandsomeAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back