News Swans Talk In The Media 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When Jed Lamb was at GWS he came to one of my training sessions with some other Giants players for the team I was coaching in western Sydney.

I spoke to him about his time at the Swans and he was pretty bitter about Jack getting games over him. If I recall it was something like “I thought I deserved a game more than bloody Brandon Jack”.

Haha.

Sometimes I think our recruiters were the ones who suffered the biggest premiership hangover after 2012. In addition to paying an inflated price for Tippett, our acquisitions in that off-season included Brandon Jack and Xavier Richards. :oops:

Sometimes I think our recruiters were the ones who suffered the biggest premiership hangover after 2012. In addition to paying an inflated price for Tippett, our acquisitions in that off-season included Brandon Jack and Xavier Richards. :oops:

Lucky we didn’t bring in Joel!

He's a fair bit taller.
True. Hope he still develops the same durability. Blakeysnr was both tough and strong for his build.

Maybe Nick will go along the same lines or become a beast like the once similarly skinny Goodesy did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They get 80,000 paying people to The Gee - gotta make the most out of the Carlton hopeful before the wheels wall off.

Nah... unless the crims cop a shellacking it is not worth it. So presumably Richmond along with the Filth and the Dopers will get to play the Carlcrims twice, banking 8 points each (yes I know the Dopers got done by the Carlcrims in 2018 - must have been off their meds).

So ****in bored of Carlton v Richmond R1, they've been doing it for 11 years now!

Theres not even any significance behind it.

Of course it's significant, it's game of the year where one of these teams traditionally is put out of finals contention.

Heard a bit of an Ireland interview this morning on SEN. Impressive as always. I hope Harley proves half the success as CEO.

Discussing the Swans quiet trade period he said we missed on one target, implying that we would not chase people for the sake of it. He emphasised the importance in the strategy of building sufficient points for Blakey. He then said our list was the youngest it had been in his time and that the Club saw Blakey as fitting in with the age profile.

He indicated the Club will have increased flexibility in the Cap going forward (unfortunately he did use the expression, 'war chest').

Heard a bit of an Ireland interview this morning on SEN. Impressive as always. I hope Harley proves half the success as CEO.

Discussing the Swans quiet trade period he said we missed on one target, implying that we would not chase people for the sake of it. He emphasised the importance in the strategy of building sufficient points for Blakey. He then said our list was the youngest it had been in his time and that the Club saw Blakey as fitting in with the age profile.

He indicated the Club will have increased flexibility in the Cap going forward (unfortunately he did use the expression, 'war chest').
That's good, we used to draft the best talent available and trade for what we needed in the team. Brought us 2 premierships doing that. I'm extremely excited for next year with the list we've got

That's good, we used to draft the best talent available and trade for what we needed in the team. Brought us 2 premierships doing that. I'm extremely excited for next year with the list we've got

2020 for me.

So he says we didn't want to rush into getting just anyone because everyone thought we would.
So I'm guessing we have someone on our radar for next season. Remember it was at about this time in 2012 that we were approached by (or we approached ;)) Buddy Franklin's.
And we were after someone biggish and we missed out . I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back