Fourth Test team

Remove this Banner Ad

With Wade playing as a batsman this shield game it will be interesting if he makes runs again. I can't stand the bloke and he should never keep at Test level but given the current rabble state of the team I would be picking whoever is in form as the bats.

With Wade playing as a batsman this shield game it will be interesting if he makes runs again. I can't stand the bloke and he should never keep at Test level but given the current rabble state of the team I would be picking whoever is in form as the bats.

On form Wade should be in the side so long as he never keeps ever again.

Wades shield form has been solid. But his one day form aside from a big hundred first up was horrid

Wades shield form has been solid. But his one day form aside from a big hundred first up was horrid

Have you seen our ODI side? It’s worth a punt.

I’d be open to Wade batting at 3 till Smith is back. Least I know he’ll try and stay in.

Last summer we belted the Poms 4 zip. Our 2nd, 107, and 3rd, 75, highest averaging batsman from the series just last summer are available but people want them dropped for blokes like Maxwell and Wade?

Last edited:
Last summer we belted the Poms 4 zip. Our 2nd, 107, and 3rd, 75, highest averaging batsman from the series just last summer are available but people want them dropped for blokes like Maxwell and Wade?

Just want a competitive side picked. Unless there are people happy with the effort the of the current.

Jake Lehmann averages 41 in First Class cricket and is in form. Had an ordinary season last year, but off to a very good start this year. It's not unreasonable to be discussing him as a possibility.

Jake Lehmann averages 41 in First Class cricket and is in form. Had an ordinary season last year, but off to a very good start this year. It's not unreasonable to be discussing him as a possibility.

He's played 2 good games this year...how about he plays a season of them first?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Marsh with a ton.

He's doing what he is asked.

Mitch Marsh with a ton.

He's doing what he is asked.

On a road sure, I'm not shocked Marsh with the world's worst technique scores on a road, get the ball moving a cm and he's stuffed!

Shaun should be no where near the side. Proven flat track bully/minnow basher. He's also 35.
http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerOpponents.asp?PlayerID=3561
http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerHomeAway.asp?PlayerID=3561

Mitch's development has been stunted big-time by the selectors. Anytime he gets remotely in to form, they select him.He played very well last summer against a horrific team (even more so away from home) that had just lost to the WI at home but that's about it. Let him score runs (and bowl) consistently for at least a season so he can work out his game. He's only 27, so he still has time to redeem himself and more.

On a road sure, I'm not shocked Marsh with the world's worst technique scores on a road, get the ball moving a cm and he's stuffed!

Runs are runs regardless.

I know you hate the notion of the Marshes in the team but not many others in the middle order are scoring runs.

Runs are runs regardless.

I know you hate the notion of the Marshes in the team but not many others in the middle order are scoring runs.

I hate blokes gifted chance after chance after chance when they flat out are just not that good. How do we know if others aren't better when they aren't given a chance. Maxwell, Lehmann, Harris, Renshaw (Finch at 4-5), Handscomb. I'd probably play SMarsh actually. There are options.

Australia will do what they always do, players play badly away, come home and make runs on flat tracks, go away and fail, come home make runs, cycle never ends.

Meanwhile some players only get picked for those tours and never get the luxury of playing on flat Australian pitches to boost their averages, just picked overseas when everyone else has failed. Yet come back home and they go back to the old guard. It hasn’t changed in a long time and never will.

From an Ashes perspective, please pick the Marsh bros, they will feast on these flat pitches and poor bowlers and will lock in their place for the Ashes where they will be lucky to make 100 for the series

Others have not found this super easy to bat on tbh. It has been hard to score on, if not spicy.

If he scores runs he scores runs. 3 tons in the last few months in FC matches, he's in form just needs to be more consistent at higher level.

Bit road-ish in Sydney but really like to see K-Patt actually make a ******* ton from here. For all his conversion rate shits me to tears if he can fix it, that makes the discussion a bit more interesting.

Others have not found this super easy to bat on tbh. It has been hard to score on, if not spicy.

If he scores runs he scores runs. 3 tons in the last few months in FC matches, he's in form just needs to be more consistent at higher level.

Averages 5.66 in the new era! 17.16 for the for the year on the road

From an Ashes perspective, please pick the Marsh bros, they will feast on these flat pitches and poor bowlers and will lock in their place for the Ashes where they will be lucky to make 100 for the series

100 runs? You are very generous!

He's played 2 good games this year...how about he plays a season of them first?

I'd say the days where you can expect people to average 50 in FC and have strung two or three seasons together where they average 60+ are well behind us. It's pretty easy to make a case against picking most of the people you might suggest these days. Given Khawaja's fitness concern I don't think there is a single player you could say is a 'lock' to bat in the top 6 for Australia in the first Test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back