Game Day AFL Draft Day Discussion - Pick 1 - 70

Remove this Banner Ad

On a thread that required voting on who would have the best draft, I picked GWS knowing they'd do well. Didn't let me down

Can anyone explain Carlton's thinking?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

They must think they are pretty close to turning it around and want the extra mid.

Curnow and McKay up forward looked like a good combo moving forward.

Weitering and Marchbank stock fell this year but they have talent down back.

They have just picked up Walsh and Stocker to add to say Cripps, Murphy, Fisher in the middle.

Maybe they can have a bit of a jump next year.

I think they will be better than GC and St Kilda at least.

Maybe Adelaide miss the eight again and it is not so bad.

Much prefer Clark to Caldwell. Caldwell could be a star, but those repeated hamstring and calf injuries are a major concern at his age. Given some of our first round pick disasters of the last few years, we could ill afford to take the risk imo, where as GWS could. Great outcome. Welcome to the cattery, Jordan.

Phantom Draft First Round (Cal Twomey):
  1. Correct
  2. Correct
  3. Correct
  4. Correct
  5. Correct
  6. Correct
  7. Correct
  8. SYD: Nick Blakey - Wrong, Went Pick 10 (Same Club Though)
  9. NM: Tarryn Thomas - Wrong, Went Pick 8 (Same Club Though)
  10. ADEL: Jye Caldwell - Wrong, Went Pick 11
  11. GWS: Jackson Hately - Wrong, Went Pick 14 (Same Club Though)
  12. PA: Jordan Clark - Wrong, Went Pick 15
  13. GWS: Riley Collier-Dawkins - Wrong, Went Pick 20
  14. GEEL: Chayce Jones - Wrong, Went Pick 9
  15. COLL: Isaac Quaynor - Wrong, Went Pick 13
  16. ADEL: Zak Butters - Wrong, Went Pick 12
  17. FREM: Ian Hill - Wrong, Will Go Second Round
  18. Correct
  19. ADEL: Ned McHenry - Wrong, Went Pick 16 (Same Club Though)
  20. RICH: Liam Stocker - Wrong, Went Pick 19
  21. Correct
  22. GWS: Sam Sturt - Wrong, Went Pick 17 (GWS picked Xavier O’Halloran at Pick 22)
9/22
Thought reading it that he didnt have any real clue past the obvious top 4 so not surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love GWS picks. Port went for needs to an extent but did well. I'm ambivalent on Adelaide I like McHenrys pressure but I would have gone Caldwell or Hately over Jones. But their trade with Carlton is fantastic might get them a top 5 pick to try and trade for Luko/Rankine. GC have been brave they picked the best talents but the ones with the most go home factor both Kings together or Rozee and Caldwell would have been safer.

Think SOS failed. Happy with Clark once King and Smith were gone.

They must think they are pretty close to turning it around and want the extra mid.

Curnow and McKay up forward looked like a good combo moving forward.

Weitering and Marchbank stock fell this year but they have talent down back.

They have just picked up Walsh and Stocker to add to say Cripps, Murphy, Fisher in the middle.

Maybe they can have a bit of a jump next year.

I think they will be better than GC and St Kilda at least.

Maybe Adelaide miss the eight again and it is not so bad.

Good points, but it's a massive risk and there's no evidence they can make that significant improvement.

Trying to work out how many "live" picks to our double.

So our many live picks still left outside of bids? .Kelly, Briggs, McFayden, Bedford, Scott will go before our next pick.

21 current picks with 3 to be allocated above that will wipe out a "live" pick. Mel, Coll and Nth don't have picks to wipe off.

Really have to hope no bid comes on Oscar. Come on Bytel, Joyce and Williams to get overlooked another 18 available picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back