Game Day 2018 AFL Draft (6:30PM AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh man, For some reason I thought Carlton traded next years first rounder for Adelaides 19 this year and that was it. Been laughing about it for a bit, didn't realise Adelaide included next years 1st rounder. Not as bad as I thought.

It'll feel a little dirty barracking for Adelaide to finish 2nd next year but I've felt dirtier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stack is a tough inside midfielder who bursts away from stoppages and tackles hard. if his head is right he is a much better option than hill who relies on others to win the ball for him and for a small forward isn't much of a pressure player.

Agreed. Will put his head over it then use his pace and strength to burst away. Like Dustin Martin, and even if he’s only ever half as good I’ll be happy with that as his type is what we’re lacking.

Valente would be ideal if we want a mid, Rowbottom another however I'd think he'd be around the 40 range.

Or do we just take Hill? For mine has the biggest upside.

Pickett is another one but have we done our homework on him in terms of moving, etc

I’d like us to go Rowbottom though not sure if he’s worth a pick 25. But like the look of him, he’s like an energiser bunny, just keeps going and going and having a crack. I know the club has considered him but whether they’d take a chance on him ahead of say a Hill or a Valente I don’t think so.

To be fair, Bedders, Buckenara had him at 3 and Twomey had him at 6. 10 was a steal.
Not fair at all Waldorf. Buckenara and Twomey were wrong, just like Ted was! Another poster had WB bidding because Gordon doesn’t likes us...seriously, that’s just rubbish!

Kennerley was someone tipped to go around the late 20s and maybe even slide to our 39-40s picks. But now we have a bit more freedom to choose, we could pull the trigger on him. Decent sized winger who runs hard and likes to use space. Reckon he could even play forward or back if needed.

Just spit-balling...

I know a lot had to played out but if it's pre determined doesn't that take away the live trade, think on your feet Kevin Costner idea of it?
In the movie, which went for 2 hours, Kevin Costner had all day and by selection time, it was 10 mins Kap...pretty sure we did similar. Great movie is Draft Day and I still think Jennifer Garner is very tidy indeed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back