Player Watch Who are the AFL's most 'banged up' players?

Which 3 players are the most banged up? Three votes.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
'Banged-up' refers to a player who is a shadow of there former self, due to the attritional nature of the game.
Attrition is a gradual process of wearing down, weakening, or destroying something.

Dale Thomas. Was randomly watching Collingwood career highlights including a massive specie over Nicnat on the goal line... Switch over to Carlton career highlights and they actually have him out marking Brent Harvey overhead as a highlight.

Last edited:
Ollie Wines.

I absolutely love the guy, but he (along with Boak) looks like has been absolutely run into the ground by Port's training staff. He just looks incredibly slow and while he will still be a very good player, he now lacks the acceleration to be in the best few players in the competition like I thought he would be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the time he retired, Leigh Adams' head was held on with craft glue and his shoulder-tape was the only thing stopping his arms falling off.

Ollie Wines.

I absolutely love the guy, but he (along with Boak) looks like has been absolutely run into the ground by Port's training staff. He just looks incredibly slow and while he will still be a very good player, he now lacks the acceleration to be in the best few players in the competition like I thought he would be.

It's what we do brah

Dangerfield often looked banged up at Adelaide before it became apparent he exaggerates injuries.

Bontempelli, possibly.

Back