List Mgmt. CONFIRMED - Gary Rohan a Cat for pick 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve bern doing same for years. But I must say one team that I’ve always been jealous of is sydney with their ability to run to fifty and lob the ball onto the Toyota logo for goal.

I sit wondering as we try to hit up a triple teamed hawk why we don’t do same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've been jealous of Sydney's concessions. Being gifted extra salary cap and special treatment in regards to access to players all due to an AFL agenda.

I hope they rot at the bottom of the table for another 70 odd years.

Thurlow will struggle to play 10 games for the swans, one of the most overrated players on this board, has no stand out skill, no real pace.
Rarely takes an overhead mark and continues to get beaten in 1v1’s

Good ridence

I wouldn't have put it so bluntly - and I wish him all the best - but I do agree, Thurlow seems to be very overrated on this board.

Thurlow will struggle to play 10 games for the swans, one of the most overrated players on this board, has no stand out skill, no real pace.
Rarely takes an overhead mark and continues to get beaten in 1v1’s

Good ridence

It's actually very revealing to look at what Guthrie will get bagged for vs what Thurlow will get praised for. Good way of observing the way perceptions can seriously colour reality.

It's actually very revealing to look at what Guthrie will get bagged for vs what Thurlow will get praised for. Good way of observing the way perceptions can seriously colour reality.

I’ve never seen Jackson do well. Not once. On the other hand CGuth has done plenty. Just hate seeing him play back. He’s at his best off a wing or going fwd or playing a tag. I know this is at odds with the ‘getguthback’ crowd.

That is true. Look I'm no Guth fan at all, but he was a total gun IMOO at the end of 2013 and has played quite a few good games since.
Thurlow played a good game against Collingwood in 2015 and showed promise in a game against Carlton a year earlier.
That's preety much it.

That is true. Look I'm no Guth fan at all, but he was a total gun IMOO at the end of 2013 and has played quite a few good games since.
Thurlow played a good game against Collingwood in 2015 and showed promise in a game against Carlton a year earlier.
That's preety much it.
I'll say it again. As soon as he started looking like a bitch he started playing like one.

There has definitely been times in the past where I have watched Rohan play with a bit of envy. He can show the bursts of speed and knows where the goals are. I have seen him tear games apart with high impact plays. If he can hit form and find some consistency, he is going to be an extremely important player. I really like this pick up.

Last edited:
There has definitely been times in the past where I have watched Rohan play with a bit of envy. He can show the bursts of speed and knows where the goals are. I have seen him tear games apart with high impact plays. If he can hit form and find some consistency, he is going to be an extremely importance player. I really like this pick up.

Glass half full. I'm thinking the same:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can still remember Jason Mooney's shirtfront on Martin Pike Round 1, 1999. Was a thing of beauty.

Jason Mooney would have been as good as Cam - but injuries cruelled him - a very strong mark - and just like Cam very aggressive - he had a genuine go in each game he played

Geel took the punt giving up a high draft pick - because when he was at the Swans he did have a knee reconstruction

I can remember Geel having a big win out at Carlton ( when they were decent ) and Mooney was very good at CHF

I’ve never seen Jackson do well. Not once. On the other hand CGuth has done plenty. Just hate seeing him play back. He’s at his best off a wing or going fwd or playing a tag. I know this is at odds with the ‘getguthback’ crowd.

That ridiculous. Thurlow played plenty of good games in the hoops, including a 30 disposals game against the Pies in 2015. He looked extremely promising before his ACL rupture.

Thurlow and Guthrie are both good players, it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

There has definitely been times in the past where I have watched Rohan play with a bit of envy. He can show the bursts of speed and knows where the goals are. I have seen him tear games apart with high impact plays. If he can hit form and find some consistency, he is going to be an extremely important player. I really like this pick up.

Completely agree, he’s definitely high impact albeit low production.

That ridiculous. Thurlow played plenty of good games in the hoops, including a 30 disposals game against the Pies in 2015. He looked extremely promising before his ACL rupture.

Thurlow and Guthrie are both good players, it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

I agree that Thurlow played some good football and looked very promising pre ACL. He's unfortunately not been able to do anything comparable since, which I think was more the original point.

I agree that Thurlow played some good football and looked very promising pre ACL. He's unfortunately not been able to do anything comparable since, which I think was more the original point.
I think for a while we have/had been hopeful of what he potentially could do rather than what he had done... Myself included mind you, I would have been happy for him to stay and felt he got treated pretty poorly,.. But I also don't think he will be bite us too hard back the other way

I think for a while we have/had been hopeful of what he potentially could do rather than what he had done... Myself included mind you, I would have been happy for him to stay and felt he got treated pretty poorly,.. But I also don't think he will be bite us too hard back the other way
The club tried him again and again and he just wasn't delivering. I'm not saying he didn't have potential, but I think that's definitely the correct decision to make given the circumstances.

WTF?!? Cam Guthrie may be a good player for the RESERVES but he isn't even fit for seniors! I used to be a fan of Cam Guthrie believe it or not coz i know that he works hard on the track but he seriously lacks vision, leadership and disposal skills! How can you call Nickoo's comment 'ridiculous' then back it up with that garbage?!?

I'm thinking we might as well have kept Motlop or Caddy.

I'm fine with letting them both go....happy with Parfitt in lieu of Caddy... Mots needed a change and while his best was very good, he just didnt deliver often enough.

Not sure how Port rated his output in 2018....

WTF?!? Cam Guthrie may be a good player for the RESERVES but he isn't even fit for seniors! I used to be a fan of Cam Guthrie believe it or not coz i know that he works hard on the track but he seriously lacks vision, leadership and disposal skills! How can you call Nickoo's comment 'ridiculous' then back it up with that garbage?!?

His disposal is ok....the vision and leadership when its really needed seems to be missing.

I wonder if those are issues that can be remedied....the latter maybe, but I have doubts about the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back