List Mgmt. 2018 Trade & Draft Review

Are you happy with our trade and draft outcome?

• Yes

Votes: 81 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 26 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is going to be an absolute gun can do it all fast, courageous , skillful, can play anywhere and has a team first attitude. Some off those highlights breaking from the centre kicking goals from outside 50 wow wee haven't seen that since s.burgoyne was at his best.
With the quality of this draft quite a few clubs will be feeling optomistic.
Listening to all our new recruits, there’s a freshness, excitement, team first feeling about them.
Hopefully some of them get games next year.
Hopefully Schofield can work his magic. So glad we have had a coaching change in the midfield.
Young Ollie has a good young bunch under him to move us forward by the looks of it.

I agree with you on this one OGC.

IN: Docherty, Walsh, Setterfield, McGovern, Fasolo, Newman, Stocker
OUT: Nobody who was any good at football

Add in the natural improvement to be expected from a young side and they're every chance at improving.

.. not to mention the possible return of the parmi..

Six spots left: Who'll get the last AFL lifelines for 2019?

The Blues' decision may be a race in four.

Axed forward Jed Lamb and VFL trio Jesse Palmer and Sam Fisher, who were previously listed at Port Adelaide and Sydney, respectively, and Mason Blakey trained with Carlton leading into the drafts.

Former Saint Hugh Goddard and ex-Demon Tom Bugg became Blues in last week's rookie draft after training at Ikon Park.

From the video on afl.com.au it looks like we were offered the same deal the Crows took for pick 19 at pick 18- a swap of future (2019) first round picks with Carlton for pick 18. We refused and picked Duursma instead.

From the video on afl.com.au it looks like we were offered the same deal the Crows took for pick 19 at pick 18- a swap of future (2019) first round picks with Carlton for pick 18. We refused and picked Duursma instead.

That was actually really interesting viewing! We refused fast. Carlton seemed disinterested in whether the trade was with adelaide or port. They just wanted stocker. No talk about future likely finishing place of adelaide or port. (or carlton) See player. Like player. Get player.

That was actually really interesting viewing! We refused fast. Carlton seemed disinterested in whether the trade was with adelaide or port. They just wanted stocker. No talk about future likely finishing place of adelaide or port. (or carlton) See player. Like player. Get player.
Richmond at 20 were linked to Stoker. Callum Twomey had Richmond taking him in his phantom draft. They weren't going to swap 2019 1st Rd picks with Richmond.

From an earlier article the Crows would have taken Duursma instead of swap too.

Nothing is guaranteed. Carlton could do ok next year. We could do badly.

Every year there is a team that looks like they are gonna be an absolute joke that surprises everyone - keep in mind a lot of people had Norf on the bottom this year and they were in the mix for the finals right up until the end.

That said the Blues and Suns have been pretty consistent laughing stocks for a while.

So we drafted him with the Wingard pick but could have traded it for Pick 1-5 next year.

Duursma needs to become a damn good player.

Remember Carlton trades there pick for 19 and Adelaides first next year, so your statement isn’t strictly correct.

That article must have been incorrect because in the video of Carlton we try and do the trade at Pick 17 before your pick
Are you Fremantle?:huh:
Adelaide had pick 16, and in the video at the 5.06 mark Mick asks regarding Reid, "So he definitely wouldn't do 16? To which Silvani replies "no he's not doing 16."

You are getting confused with the statement that that Reid wants to do the trade at the time of pick 16, that is make the pick 19 trade at that time, to which Silvani clearly says no, they only want to do it if they are sure their man is there (at 19).

Cal Twomey is on the money I reckon. he would have checked with each of the clubs before this article.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-29/how-2018s-biggest-draft-shock-almost-didnt-happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you Fremantle?:huh:
Adelaide had pick 16, and in the video at the 5.06 mark Mick asks regarding Reid, "So he definitely wouldn't do 16? To which Silvani replies "no he's not doing 16."

You are getting confused with the statement that that Reid wants to do the trade at the time of pick 16, that is make the pick 19 trade at that time, to which Silvani clearly says no, they only want to do it if they are sure their man is there (at 19).

Cal Twomey is on the money I reckon. he would have checked with each of the clubs before this article.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-29/how-2018s-biggest-draft-shock-almost-didnt-happen

He is trying to do the deal at 17, listen at the 5:30ish minute mark. It says Fremantle and Port still has their pick and SOS we aren’t going to do the trade until we know for sure.

Reid was trying to pressure he into doing it at pick 17 and SOS asked his guy can they just do it at 19. It is obvious Reid is trying to get it done as soon as we get McHenry

One thing you can guarantee is that if we made the trade then we would therefore finish lower than Carlton for year, because it would be the most humiliating possible outcome.

I think it’s a ridiculously risky trade that could make Adelaide look super dumb.

If it was a straight swap pick 18 for Carlton’s first we’d obviously have taken that, but 18 plus another first rounder to gamble that Carlton finish low is just silly IMO.

We will honestly look worse if Stocker becomes a jet and we realise we should have taken him over Duursma IMO.

He is trying to do the deal at 17, listen at the 5:30ish minute mark. It says Fremantle and Port still has their pick and SOS we aren’t going to do the trade until we know for sure.

Reid was trying to pressure he into doing it at pick 17 and SOS asked his guy can they just do it at 19. It is obvious Reid is trying to get it done as soon as we get McHenry

Yes, Reid is trying to get the deal done as soon as they had selected at 16 but SOS was not gonna do it until they were sure Stocker would still be there @ 19 (and rightly so).

Port still had 18 so SOS must have thought there was a slim chance we would do the same deal with our pick18. Cripps said no quicker than a Fagan feel good tweet after a crows good news story.

Clealy PA valued Duursma higher than our pick 18+2019 1st which I agree with as we could have a top 5 pick ourselves.

Reid was excited and trying to secure the deal as soon as possible, despite SOS's repeated advice that they needed to ensure that Stocker was still there.

Yes, Reid is trying to get the deal done as soon as they had selected at 16 but SOS was not gonna do it until they were sure Stocker would still be there @ 19 (and rightly so).

Port still had 18 so SOS must have thought there was a slim chance we would do the same deal with our pick18. Cripps said no quicker than a Fagan feel good tweet after a crows good news story.

Clealy PA valued Duursma higher than our pick 18+2019 1st which I agree with as we could have a top 5 pick ourselves.

Reid was excited and trying to secure the deal as soon as possible, despite SOS's repeated advice that they needed to ensure that Stocker was still there.

Yes so the article suggesting Adelaide wanted Duursma at 19 is incorrect which is what I was saying originally

Yes so the article suggesting Adelaide wanted Duursma at 19 is incorrect which is what I was saying originally
No, you are wrong! Adelaide had two options, and they were happy with either! The report is they were after Duursma at 19, but then Carlton offered the deal, which you correctly mention the Crows were happy to do earlier. If Stocker was then taken by Freemantle at 17, or Port at 18, according to Cal Twomey, the Crows were then going to take Duursma.

What is so hard to understand?

two things, at the 8:10 mark you hear on of the carlton guys say 'he's desperate' referring to Justin Reid which i think is so funny, also i dont rate Stocker all that high and for Carlton to rate him at No 6 in this draft they really do have rocks in their heads, the main reason why we didnt get stoker was because we dont need an inside player right at the moment

two things, at the 8:10 mark you hear on of the carlton guys say 'he's desperate' referring to Justin Reid which i think is so funny, also i dont rate Stocker all that high and for Carlton to rate him at No 6 in this draft they really do have rocks in their heads, the main reason why we didnt get stoker was because we dont need an inside player right at the moment

Carlton rated Stocker at 6 precisely BECAUSE they needed him to support Cripps. Not every club rates players exactly the same.

No, you are wrong! Adelaide had two options, and they were happy with either! The report is they were after Duursma at 19, but then Carlton offered the deal, which you correctly mention the Crows were happy to do earlier. If Stocker was then taken by Freemantle at 17, or Port at 18, according to Cal Twomey, the Crows were then going to take Duursma.

What is so hard to understand?

How were the crows going to take Duursma at 19 when they asked to swap picks with Carlton at pick 16!!!!

I’m not sure how this is even possible for you to think otherwise. Even the Carlton fans are laughing at Reid trying to get the deal done because SOS was saying we need to know he will be available at 19 so just wait

How were the crows going to take Duursma at 19 when they asked to swap picks with Carlton at pick 16!!!!

I’m not sure how this is even possible for you to think otherwise. Even the Carlton fans are laughing at Reid trying to get the deal done because SOS was saying we need to know he will be available at 19 so just wait
I just hope it comes back to bite your club on the bum. Go Carlton!

Lol at Drewie11 's mental gymnastics in this thread trying to convince himself that the Crows couldn't possibly have rated a player that Port ended up with. This mob just can't concede on anything, no matter how insignificant.

Back