Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went to my first Scorchers game in six years last night. 36k scorchers fans were louder than 56k Eagles fans. I didn't go to the qualifying final or prelim but it's a tad disappointing

I went to my first Scorchers game in six years last night. 36k scorchers fans were louder than 56k Eagles fans. I didn't go to the qualifying final or prelim but it's a tad disappointing

I was there last night. I don’t agree. Half of the noise is the annoying ground announcer and the music, I hate that s**t, it’s like the basketball, just shut up and let me watch the game. The prelim final was crazy loud, way louder than last night. The QF might’ve even even been louder late in the game when Jetta put us in front.

Can barely hear the commentators over the crowd during big moments of the 2 finals. All I hear from the big bash games is the announcer and the Freddie Mercury "ahhhh ohhhh" repeat thing they do. Respectfully disagree

Agreed. It’s like, let’s distract people with loud noises and flashing things and they might have fun and forget that they’re at a sporting game. I get that they want to get the kids in, but they could tone it down a bit and lose the bloody wildcats style ground announcer, he’s terrible.

I was at the scorchers around the 5th of Jan and it wasn’t very loud. Pretty subdued. Probably just loud in the last match because we have been so starved of good hitting

Still think the loudest game I've been to was the West Coast vs Carlton Semi-final in 2011 at Subiaco Oval.
Insanely loud. More so than 2006 Grand Final.
(Although my Optus seats are well back in the first tier, so I don't get the full wall of sound effect.)

Reece Conca (he of ‘punched a kid in the back of the head but we don’t condone those sorts of actions you’d never catch any Freo players doing that no sir’ fame) elevated straight into their leadership group.

23e923983f27f88d30ef18dc6ab881b5.jpg

Blokes can’t even organise their jumpers correctly let alone a footy club, this is going to be a fun year.

Reece Conca (he of ‘punched a kid in the back of the head but we don’t condone those sorts of actions you’d never catch any Freo players doing that no sir’ fame) elevated straight into their leadership group.

23e923983f27f88d30ef18dc6ab881b5.jpg

Blokes can’t even organise their jumpers correctly let alone a footy club, this is going to be a fun year.
No excuses now for Ross the boss. Be interesting to see how good Conca Hogan and Lobb go with less talent around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will see Todda, everyone is hoping for a tigers flag because it's good for football.Two of the AFL's greatest players of all time in Martin and Rance ,are a pleasure to watch, and our forward line could well be the best ever seen in the game.

Saw this beauty on the main board. One of the most pleasing aspects of this offseason is the way WC posters haven't been drinking their own bathwater too much.

Leadership
25dcf791c965110a5cd1e7f03356611d

Mind you Fyfe's is their captain so they do embrace thugs

Imagine waking up in the morning and thinking that Alex Rance is one of the greatest players of all time

He's been All Australian 5 years running so I can see how they'd get confused.

Seriously though, I don't get the hate for him here. His body of work stacks up and he's from WA. If he played for us we'd think he was one of the greatest players of all time.

He's been All Australian 5 years running so I can see how they'd get confused.

Seriously though, I don't get the hate for him here. His body of work stacks up and he's from WA. If he played for us we'd think he was one of the greatest players of all time.
He's a narcissist and a diver, two things that trigger sports fans.

He's a narcissist and a diver, two things that trigger sports fans.

Sports fans are weird. Christiano Ronaldo is a narcissist and Neymar is a diver, but they're still regarded as great players. Besides...Every time Rance dives we seem to get a rather hilarious video so who can hate that?

Sports fans are weird. Christiano Ronaldo is a narcissist and Neymar is a diver, but they're still regarded as great players. Besides...Every time Rance dives we seem to get a rather hilarious video so who can hate that?
It's due to the out of proportion praise he gets from the media. He's not head and shoulders above other key defenders and in some of his AA years it was arguable he shouldn't have been picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back