Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is like the bare minimum, if you have multiple users trying to use the internet and heaven forbid netflix at the same time ur gonna have a bad time.
Wife watches netflix while I work from home over the VPN and stream music without issue, she's on her phone at the same time

we are in the 40-60 Mbps range on our internet, it depends what you are doing and what quality you are on etc but 45 Mbps is fine unless you got multiple kids on youtube/twitch etc certainly fine for watching Netflix

Wife watches netflix while I work from home over the VPN and stream music without issue, she's on her phone at the same time

we are in the 40-60 Mbps range on our internet, it depends what you are doing and what quality you are on etc but 45 Mbps is fine unless you got multiple kids on youtube/twitch etc certainly fine for watching Netflix
yeh same
I am on vpn with work from home, stream music and kids can be netflixing or youtubing and all seems fine for me in that range too

The NBN's problem is that it's fine for now but totally unsuited for the future and will have to be replaced in time.
they are slowly pushing people onto faster plans but yeah it should have been setup as a 100Mbps for everyone with an option to go to 1Gbps and fiber everywhere

The NBN's problem is that it's fine for now but totally unsuited for the future and will have to be replaced in time.
i don't think it will be replaced. for half the population it will always be fine I think, and the rest will move to 5g 6g 7g or whatever the future holds, wireless technology.

That's why I'm gonna get rid of it. It's full of absolute rubbish and constant repeats. We also have Stan and Netflix :oops: and it's getting way too expensive.
Before you ditch foxtel tell them
I got 6 months of everything free and when I went to cut it off when they wanted to charge me they gave me 1 more month free
then I cut off

They are desperate

all I really wanted was to replace my dish for Vast satellite so I got uncle Rupert to do it free for me and he threw in the free foxtel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how come faster internet is necessary, is there more gigabytes online now than in say 2002? somebody tech savvy pls respond
netflix works on slow internet just have to wait for it to load

not great for streamed live sport though as it lags

Orrite I'm ready to **** foxtel off for good. Those mother******s have put their price up again and I'm D O N E with their s**t.
Currently paying $220 a month for unlimited broadband and platinum. Keen to chuck it all and get NBN sorted...how do I do this? Who do I go with for NBN? Will there be a wait time for it to get sorted or is it as simple as some IT guy pushing a button?

what about footy? oh you can watch it on the afl app i guess. good there's options!

Go with Aussie broadband.
I am and never an issue

And I get 45mps and Netflix etc all good

getting aussie bband next week. hope it is very good.

[QUOTE="Quivorir, post: 59433757, member: 98077

what about footy? oh you can watch it on the afl app i guess. good there's options!

Kayo Sports. We are moving house in a couple of months and are not getting Foxtel so Kayo will be my go for the footy, NRL, and A-League.

Any accountants out there?
Is interest on a loan (taken out for investment purposes) tax deductible IF the loan is from say a family member?

Eg if my parents lent me $50k (so i could build a granny flat to rent out), would a simple contract saying i owe them that money and it is lent at x% interest over x years be good enough to claim the interest ?

Any accountants out there?
Is interest on a loan (taken out for investment purposes) tax deductible IF the loan is from say a family member?

Eg if my parents lent me $50k (so i could build a granny flat to rent out), would a simple contract saying i owe them that money and it is lent at x% interest over x years be good enough to claim the interest ?
Tricky. Your parents would have to declare the interest as earnings that's for sure. I guess the issue is, the granny flat is going to be on an already existing dwelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back