Racing Darren Weir Arrested and stables raided by Police and Stewards.

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Word for Word’ ha ha clutching at straws there Heathy. Where’s the Yulong and munz have taken their horses..

Give it a rest sunshine, you got torn a new one and now trying to hang on to any post

You Need to move on

Please ignore
Quit playing the man.

If you don’t like what is said on Internet forums refrain from carrying on like a pork chop and just debate the topic maturely without the condescending rubbish.

The sexual tension in here is really heating up. Could there be an awkward flirting contribution to be made

Quit playing the man.

If you don’t like what is said on Internet forums refrain from carrying on like a pork chop and just debate the topic maturely without the condescending rubbish.
Hang on, all I have done is challenge incorrect information.

If you don’t like posters being able to challenge incorrect information then you need to move on.
Nothing wrong with debating posts at all providing they do not contain rule breaches like playing the man and general repetition of derailing rubbish comments.

Having a go at me telling me to move on is quite entertaining!

Wonder if G.Murphy had an inkling as he got out a month or so ago.

Biggest concern is for all his 100 odd employees. What happens to them. Hope Racing Vic assists.
This is the s**t side of all of this and heaps of people will be hurt financially from this saga not just Weirs own employees either.

Lots of 3rd party businesses and people would of been relying on what is the biggest stable in Victoria for work and business turnover. Stables have a heap of supplies and feed etc that they source from the local community.

This is the s**t side of all of this and heaps of people will be hurt financially from this saga not just Weirs own employees either.

Lots of 3rd party businesses and people would of been relying on what is the biggest stable in Victoria for work and business turnover. Stables have a heap of supplies and feed etc that they source from the local community.

My parents have had horses with Weir for the last 15yrs or so, back to when he was a battler. They've only got 3 under his name at the moment thankfully, but at the moment they've got no idea how to get out when there's others involved who they don't know, as well as a Weir also having ownership in a couple of them. They've only recently diversified to a few other trainers in recent years as they reckon Weir had got too big for what they always liked about the place.. But here we are.

Just a sad situation for anyone not in the know.

Last edited:
Tonkin's were never into Harness Racing for the punt.

What they are doing is what John Hawkes was always known for, not putting up with s**t rides/drives on their horses.

Lang isn't aggressive enough a driver for their horses. Thus Alford gets most of the plum drives.
Gavs driving ability/way of driving when trying to win isn't really the reason he has been shafted. Drove for them for over a decade no problems. Sneaky stuff and especially when Hectorjayjay came along put a strain on the relationship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 Grand National hurdle one of the races investigated. Jon Allen on the late Weir drifter pressures the evens shot in front for the majority of the race. The Jarrod McLean trained Cougar Express took the sit after being heavily backed (about $20 into $8 late) and went straight past them to win by 12 lengths.
That’s racing

Gavs driving ability/way of driving when trying to win isn't really the reason he has been shafted. Drove for them for over a decade no problems. Sneaky stuff and especially when Hectorjayjay came along put a strain on the relationship.
Gavin was/still is a master of getting a horse to finish second by a short half head to a neck.

It's always sad for those impacted by these arseholes but having any business involvement in the gambling industry, either directly or indirectly, can always turn to s**t very quickly.

Gavin was/still is a master of getting a horse to finish second by a short half head to a neck.

Owners tend to like him because he seems to be gentler on the horses. He tends not to flog them and win by big margins like a Vinnie Knight or Hall Jnr. He said once when questioned about coming from back in the field, 'you don't always have to steer right'

Drove our horse numerous times. Some drives you think he's worth every cent, a genius. A others when my brother and I would look at each other and go, 'wtf' just happened. Having our trainer absolutely idolise him didn't help at times either.

Yes......so lets hope the other trainers who are having their say and quietly clapping their hands, are crispy clean. They better be.

This whole saga is going to have such a flow on effect to so many people and their jobs/business/finances.

...it's actually sad when you think of the big picture and the ramifications.

For all the 'Holier than thou' posters, come down off your pedestal and open your eyes to reality.

You don't get to pick & choose which industry is corrupt. If there is money involved, it will always be a possibility and that extends well past any sporting industry.

I'm not looking to condone it but 90% of trainers do exactly what these guys are being done for (does not include the alleged cocaine).

If anyone asked me to use a jigger, I would hit them, not the horse! Guess what, I'd be considered soft but would always look for an alternative to abuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back