Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

3 weeks to go !

I feel like I'm in a strange headspace equal parts anticipation and dread must be nice for the fans of better performed teams to have that bedrock of confidence that your team is going to go well

Even in our ' purple patch ' of a few years ago I could never totally shake the feeling of impending doom that would creep in around the edges of my belief as a new season drew closer

My brother is a strange bloke ( ain't they all ) he loves his footy but has never supported a team. Sometimes he leans toward this team or that because he likes the way they are playing or certain players on the team but it never sticks and for the most part just watches the games as a neutral observer who enjoys the game for what it is

We give him plenty of stick for his refusal to fly a flag but sometimes I wonder if he's not a little bit smarter than he lets on

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

3 weeks to go !

I feel like I'm in a strange headspace equal parts anticipation and dread must be nice for the fans of better performed teams to have that bedrock of confidence that your team is going to go well

Even in our ' purple patch ' of a few years ago I could never totally shake the feeling of impending doom that would creep in around the edges of my belief as a new season drew closer

My brother is a strange bloke ( ain't they all ) he loves his footy but has never supported a team. Sometimes he leans toward this team or that because he likes the way they are playing or certain players on the team but it never sticks and for the most part just watches the games as a neutral observer who enjoys the game for what it is

We give him plenty of stick for his refusal to fly a flag but sometimes I wonder if he's not a little bit smarter than he lets on

You are doing it all wrong! - you need to embrace the despair (and not the falsity of supporter neutrality), as it is a reflective consequence of actually truly being a Fremantle supporter!

You are doing it all wrong! - you need to embrace the despair (and not the falsity of supporter neutrality), as it is a reflective consequence of actually truly being a Fremantle supporter!

Nah , I have JUST enough optimist in me to start off trying to put despair in a headlock before inevitably tapping out sometime in June

Very disappointed with the bombing yesterday. Roos like to zone back. Doesn’t make confident at all.
Except they will be missing three of their best intercept markers - Thompson, Daw and Tarrant. Macmillan is probably their best remaining and he is only 188cm - although he did have 40 disposals against St Kilda. Will be interesting to see if he can back it up against Port (who will play a massive forward line). Although will we learn that much? Port aren't much better than St Kilda are they?

In his presser, Ross mentioned he wasn't happy with the bomb it inside 50 mentality and that it was something they'd discuss and try to improve on this week. West Coast are a great intercept team so we should get a really good idea if we've improved it or not. If we don't they will slaughter us and then we'll have two weeks to sort it.

Campbell has also been suspended for 1 week now. They might have no talls left by Rd 1 at this rate.

Ross mentioned he wasn’t happy with the bomb it in in the Saints GF loss to Geelong back in 2009. He also bemoaned it after our loss in the GF. I’m sure it’s been raised plenty of times over the last 2 years too, and yet we still saw it yesterday. Is he not getting his message across or are his players all totally dumb?

Not sure who at Freo is capable of shutting down Pittard's run and gun style. Saints didn't know what to do when he got the ball and put on the afterburners. Fyfe as a defensive forward might be worth a shot?
Lyon squads are renown for their dirth of defensive minded role players.

Not sure who at Freo is capable of shutting down Pittard's run and gun style. Saints didn't know what to do when he got the ball and put on the afterburners. Fyfe as a defensive forward might be worth a shot?

It's hard to run and gun too much when you are playing KPD

Quite looking forward to seeing him get rag dolled with that awesome haircut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when Pittard let Zac Clarke chase him down... cost Port the game. It was ******* hilarious.

Except they will be missing three of their best intercept markers - Thompson, Daw and Tarrant. Macmillan is probably their best remaining and he is only 188cm - although he did have 40 disposals against St Kilda. Will be interesting to see if he can back it up against Port (who will play a massive forward line). Although will we learn that much? Port aren't much better than St Kilda are they?

In his presser, Ross mentioned he wasn't happy with the bomb it inside 50 mentality and that it was something they'd discuss and try to improve on this week. West Coast are a great intercept team so we should get a really good idea if we've improved it or not. If we don't they will slaughter us and then we'll have two weeks to sort it.

Campbell has also been suspended for 1 week now. They might have no talls left by Rd 1 at this rate.
Hopeful we can learn from the game yesterday.

My concern is that the Roos will flood back due to their lack of defensive height. Then knowing that we have an advantage in talls, our will kick it long.

Then they will counter attack like Collingwood did.

You do know that he is a troll on the main boards?
I don't post on the main board. I've made one thread them about Gil and his corruption (like allowing West Coast to pay McGovern outside the salary cap due to "work" etc.) and that is it.

It was a genuine question. If Pittard gets some confidence and starts taking the game on it might be over by half-time. That doesn't interest me because I like a good solid contest between two teams trying to win. If attention doesn't go into Pittard I'll be questioning Lyon's desire to win this year.

I don’t have an answer to the Pittard question.

But I’m also genuinely curious how North intends to deal with the Ballantyne problem. I mean, he have been quite bad in the past seasons, but what if he suddenly grew confident, stop slipping over and kicked 5 goals in a row?!! The game may be over at quarter time. Wonder if North have a plan for that?

I don't post on the main board. I've made one thread them about Gil and his corruption (like allowing West Coast to pay McGovern outside the salary cap due to "work" etc.) and that is it.

It was a genuine question. If Pittard gets some confidence and starts taking the game on it might be over by half-time. That doesn't interest me because I like a good solid contest between two teams trying to win. If attention doesn't go into Pittard I'll be questioning Lyon's desire to win this year.

Pittard having confidence would be just about the worst result for North, few players in the game overestimate themselves and run headfirst into trouble more frequently than old Jasper. It's why most Port fans rejoiced when they got rid of him. He is the white Danyle Pearce.

I don’t have an answer to the Pittard question.

But I’m also genuinely curious how North intends to deal with the Ballantyne problem. I mean, he have been quite bad in the past seasons, but what if he suddenly grew confident, stop slipping over and kicked 5 goals in a row?!! The game may be over at quarter time. Wonder if North have a plan for that?
I think you do have the answer. Pittard V Ballas - a battle for the ages. Pittard's clangers and Ballas' slipping over could possibly create some kind of never ending vortex - resulting in the game ball being lost forever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back