Position 2019 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Any sub 450k forwards you think can go 95+ this year?
Nothing really jumps out. Toby Greene is the obvious on but lack of PS screams the same outcome will come from him like last year. I like Darling at 470k.

I'm still waiting for Ben Brown to really peak, if he can turn his floor from 20/40 to 60 and can have a few more bigger games, he will become a 95 player. Would have averaged 96 up until Rd17 last year just by increasing his floor but fell away. I do think his time will come.

I'll be locking in Danger, Heeney and then either Mundy or Darling at F3 depending if I need 50k. Greene might squeeze in at F4 if he gets a full run this weekend and doesn't look hampered by lack of PS. It's not like he's a full time midfielder than needs a huge tank.

I'm still waiting for Ben Brown to really peak, if he can turn his floor from 20/40 to 60 and can have a few more bigger games, he will become a 95 player. Would have averaged 96 up until Rd17 last year just by increasing his floor but fell away. I do think his time will come.

Lack of meat in his diet eventually got the better of him.

Back to lay for the Coleman.

Anyone know if Dunkley had a change in role late season ?..or can explain how a 21yo finished a long season so strong ?
last 6 games 2018
105, 147, 132, 106, 157, 116 for a 127 avge.

Anyone know if Dunkley had a change in role late season ?..or can explain how a 21yo finished a long season so strong ?
last 6 games 2018
Coincided with McLean's shoulder injury and decline in scoring. No idea if it carries on this year.

McLean should be an option, given his scoring only fell after an injury, he should recapture his early season form, right?

Dunkley looks like he'll be going back to more of a fwd role anyway.
Libba's inclusion the only concern.

Yes mate, moved from a half-forward role in to the midfield.
Coincided with McLean's shoulder injury and decline in scoring. No idea if it carries on this year.
now Libba is back...seems he goes fwd again.
watchlist!!
McLean should be an option, given his scoring only fell after an injury, he should recapture his early season form, right?
Dunkley looks like he'll be going back to more of a fwd role anyway.
Libba's inclusion the only concern.

taa
Any talk of full time midfield this year ? Seems a tad weird he'd go straight back to a role where he kicked 9 goals from 12 games.
Surely with that result any coach would immediately give him the opportunity going into his 4th season. He did finish a long season stronger than he started and coaches luv seeing that.
Kid is a gun.
Anyway, cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last 6 games 2018
Yep, moved into the midfield which forced a re-shuffle - Wallis to the forwardline (where he played his best football) and Bont to play a more outside role, Bont's contested numbers went from 50% ot 33% but his total possession count jumped too.

I think Bevo is going to push Dunkley forward a bit more which is a shame as he was Josh Kennedy like in the large body inside mid role. Libba being back is the major impact because Libba's left peg is elite and Dunkley has progressed from 'terrible' to just 'passable' in terms of kicking.

Yep, moved into the midfield which forced a re-shuffle - Wallis to the forwardline (where he played his best football) and Bont to play a more outside role, Bont's contested numbers went from 50% ot 33% but his total possession count jumped too.

I think Bevo is going to push Dunkley forward a bit more which is a shame as he was Josh Kennedy like in the large body inside mid role. Libba being back is the major impact because Libba's left peg is elite and Dunkley has progressed from 'terrible' to just 'passable' in terms of kicking.
cheers. Same price McLean seems a better option of course, it just seems a waste if a kid shows so damn much over 2 months at the pointy end of a season.
Training wheels are off surely.

taa
Any talk of full time midfield this year ? Seems a tad weird he'd go straight back to a role where he kicked 9 goals from 12 games.
Surely with that result any coach would immediately give him the opportunity going into his 4th season. He did finish a long season stronger than he started and coaches luv seeing that.
Kid is a gun.
Anyway, cheers.
agree! He is a stud and could be an absolute gun if played in his best position.
that will be the problem picking these mid/fwd guys from the doggies. All have potential but hard to fit 6 guys in the middle.
good problem to have if your Bevo, but not so much for us SC's.

now I just hope Libba stays on ball and doesn't get pushed fwd...only want him if a full time mid.
if i see him fwd this weekend he can GTFO!

cheers. Same price McLean seems a better option of course, it just seems a waste if a kid shows so damn much over 2 months at the pointy end of a season.
Training wheels are off surely.
We're perplexed at some of the positional changes. Schache being left out of JLT1 was a real head scratcher.

his price is the only reason though.
couldn't expect too much in scores. will be interesting to see if he even gets in the 22 for rnd1.

1552020866106.gif

Greene is in my team because who else is there for F4?
No way I'm comfortable with a rookie, even if we get enough rookies named they are s**t scorers so 2 on field is more than enough.
Can't afford a premo, especially if I'm trying to fit Gawn in if no Preuss named.
Whirlpool and Barfshit nah.

JE

Billings and Greene locked at F3 and F4.

The nuclear option - only to be used when nothing else presents itself, such is 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back