Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Devil's advocate...

...did Willo say he didn't have gut issues?

Or did he just say the only thing preventing him from playing/training had been his back?

Cause they're a bit different. The Crohn's thing has been really persistent, but he didn't rule it out. Entirely possible there's something to it, but it's currently under control, and the back issue has been what's kept him off the track.

Devil hat off - * YEAH! WILLO!

On Kreuz, I'd be happy for him to miss round 1 and take an extra week if he needs it. Nankervis isn't one of the ruckmen that can seriously punish you (unlike a fit Gawn, Grundy, Naitanui, Goldstein, Mumford/Sandi a couple of years back, etc), so I'm content with one of Phillips or Lobbe rucking. No point in rushing The Tractor back if he's not quite ready.

I think Nankervis is extremely underrated. Has added goal kicking to his game

The club is hopeful he will now resume that exciting career at some point this season.

That sentence doesn't read particularly well. "Hopeful" "Some point this season"
Sounds like he's a long way off on that alone.

However, the Blues are confident Williamson will eventually return, and have backed the talented youngster to overcome his latest series of frustrating setbacks.

Wonder why 'series of setbacks'
Isn't it just related to the one setback?

All comes across as though there's either things the club isn't sure about, or just don't care to divulge.

Devil's advocate...

...did Willo say he didn't have gut issues?

Or did he just say the only thing preventing him from playing/training had been his back?

Cause they're a bit different. The Crohn's thing has been really persistent, but he didn't rule it out. Entirely possible there's something to it, but it's currently under control, and the back issue has been what's kept him off the track.

Devil hat off - **** YEAH! WILLO!
"Williamson said rumours about any "gut problems" are unfounded and have not had an impact on his pre-season. "

That sentence doesn't read particularly well. "Hopeful" "Some point this season"
Sounds like he's a long way off on that alone.

Wonder why 'series of setbacks'
Isn't it just related to the one setback?

All comes across as though there's either things the club isn't sure about, or just don't care to divulge.

In the Ararat Advertiser Article he says ""If all goes to plan get I'll get a practice match in and maybe an early game in the VFL."

I think Nankervis is extremely underrated. Has added goal kicking to his game

I like him, he's a real workhorse and certainly a very valuable contributor to the team. I just don't think he has the potential to bust games open like some of the top tier rucks can when they've got a favourable matchup against the opposition ruckman.

There isn't a game for the Northern Blues until April 14 which is about 5 weeks away and is round two as we start with a bye. You would think if there are no injuries between then and now that everyone will be available by then apart from Docherty and Pickett.

The annoying thing is this date is also our round 4 game against the Gold Coast which would have been an ideal game to bring some of these guys in. Won't be able to have a practice game the week before either as it's VFL round 1.

Hopefully we can get some practice games into these guys before hand. Such an annoying fixture for these returning players if you ask me, would be ideal to get a game or two into these guys to get a look at their form and have the option of picking them for the Gold Coast game which would be an ideal way of bringing these guys back into the team.
I know this is for another thread but that is simply not good enough. Our reserves having a month off at the start of the season is a poor outcome.

We need to be playing and continually developing our young list and that needs to happen with game time. If these alignments are to work the schedule needs to reflect the AFL
Just saw in another thread NB's have a game against collingwood on Sunday which is good

There needs to be weekly games
http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=6931

Pre-season schedule
Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne
Thursday 28 February — 4pm
Ikon Park
Curtain raiser to Carlton-Essendon JLT game: fans must purchase a JLT ticket for entry

Collingwood vs. Northern Blues
Sunday 10 March — 2pm
Olympic Park Oval
Free entry

Richmond vs. Northern Blues
Thursday 21 March — 4pm
Punt Road Oval
Free entry

North Melbourne vs. Northern Blues
Saturday 30 March — 12pm
RAMS Arena, Craigieburn
Free entry

I'll make a thread.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I'm just ecstatic. Sorry Mr_Plow :)

This is just the line things follow and more so through the season proper. Start off on the wrong footing and things only get worse.
They just do and there are reasons for that historically and now with Mr. Russell on board they may not show up this year, but I wouldn't be banking on it.
Just some perverse law of nature it seems.
It's fair to say that there is such a perverse "law of nature," and that the "wrong footing" you refer to starts well before each preseason. With the exception of CC, a majority of those on the current injury list have lengthy wrap sheets of a predisposition to injury; for the most part they are the usual names on the recovery sidelines.

All you can do, retrospectively once you've selected a player, is adopt a best practice performance program. If you've got that in place, which we appear to have, what are you left with? Either limit or avoid recruiting players who you know are predisposed to injury, and or do a better job of turning over those players on your list who simply aren't up-to it physically; regardless of who those player's may be.

Kennedy having problems with his shoulder again is not good after he had both redone last year, will really affect his confidence in his ability to bash and crash which is exactly what we need him for, this is extremely worrisome for me in terms of Kennedy’s season especially with how well he was going.

Kennedy having problems with his shoulder again is not good after he had both redone last year, will really affect his confidence in his ability to bash and crash which is exactly what we need him for, this is extremely worrisome for me in terms of Kennedy’s season especially with how well he was going.

Would normally agree, but I think Kennedy is the type of player that would go in hard regardless.

The type the coaches would have to hold back.

queue Russell walks around the corner whistling with a big smile on his face

Remove this Banner Ad

Back