Preview Rnd 2 - Carlton V Port Adelaide Saturday 30th March 5.10PM @ Adelaide Oval - TEAM - Post #727

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After ports performance yesterday, this is going to be a lot tougher than I expected :oops:

That was a mighty performance from port. Hopefully, the heat and humidity takes a bit of a toll on their recovery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same. Who can we play on him?
He’ll kick 6 if Plow goes to him.
Newman I see as the only option
Except newman isn't good defensively in 1 on 1 contests and will get completely out manouvered by grey.

How many goals did dusty kick last week? Who was on him when he was forward. Plowman made his errors leaving his man. Not defending his man. He's a perfectly good matchup for Robbie Grey, especially if he's instructed to stick to him.

What’s the function ? We’re heading over for the game so I’m interested

Head to the Cathedral Hotel from 1pm. Cost is $10 for members and is run by the SA supporters group.
They have finger food and last year we had the President, Sticks, Andy McKay and Barnaby French speak. They do a raffle and it's a casual way to catch up with fellow Blues supporters. It's a less that 5 minute walk from Adelaide Oval.

One may consider it hypocrisy that I see different rules for different players (how Fasolo wasn't convincing, while believing Kreuzer will be).

Kreuzer though has proven over the years that level of fitness (bar the significant game-ending injury) rarely impacts on his ability to cover the ground. Players have waltzed into the line-up without match stimulation before.

Phillips can do similar things but is slightly less consistent in the area. I don't think many would have the problem if Kreuzer was to immediately replace him.
Getting around the ground is different to actually performing at a level thats acceptable .
Charlie Curnows effort on the weekend is proof of that .
His injury history clearly shows that caution with his selection after injury and on this occasion no match practice is best practice .
I do not understand why the selectors would even contemplate playing Kruezer this weekend in the seniors .
Its been far too easy to get a senior game as you mentioned including after injury i think its time that changed .

Last edited:
I'd go with

Simpson Jones Plowman
Garlett Weitering Newman

Phillips Curnow Dow
Murphy Cripps Walsh

Charlie Casboult Cuningham
McGovern McKay Fasolo

SPS Thomas Setterfield Fisher

Gibbons the unlucky to miss out because of match ups
I'd bring in Casboult to help in Ruck against Lycett & Ryder. Needs to just make a contest. Take pressure off Charlie as well and let him run. Leave McKay at FF
Ed to run with R.Gray where ever he goes.
Jones on Westoff, Plowman on Boak
Fasolo gets another run but needs to be involved more

We are a real chance as they have young players as well so shouldn't wear us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back