Women's Footy AFLW Crows in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie Brennan leaving the kennel for the Tigers is the big one

Sabrina Frederick-Traub from Brisbane and Christina Bernardi from GWS to also join Richmond, obviously they’re not heading down the Crows 2019 dynamic forward line model

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/2019/03/28/south-australian-girls-post-impressive-testing-results/

While we are worried about re-signing our team we have to make room for the future. Last year we over looked Under 18 Captain and she was in SANFLW team of the year.

So can we make room for Munyard, Taib, McKinnon and maybe Maher

Given the group’s strength the only two I’d look to bring in this year;

Madison Newman, half-back from West Adelaide - racking up big numbers in the SANFLW and a very good kick.

Montana McKinnon, tall forward from South Adelaide - 183cm with a good jump & mark, offers something different then what they currently have.

Given list size and the club’s list management I don’t expect many 18 year olds to be taken for at least the next few years unless they experience a mass exit. Expect some SA U/18s will also be making themselves available to Victoria Metro and GWS this year to get picked up.

They spent alot of money on lawyers to get her to play in the GF, plus was their captain.... That would hurt

The AFL flopping on that GF thing was the biggest farce ever. Can't believe she pulled that s**t and wish the AFL had called her bluff.

Sabrina Frederick-Traub from Brisbane and Christina Bernardi from GWS to also join Richmond, obviously they’re not heading down the Crows 2019 dynamic forward line model

Given the group’s strength the only two I’d look to bring in this year;

Madison Newman, half-back from West Adelaide - racking up big numbers in the SANFLW and a very good kick.

Montana McKinnon, tall forward from South Adelaide - 183cm with a good jump & mark, offers something different then what they currently have.

Given list size and the club’s list management I don’t expect many 18 year olds to be taken for at least the next few years unless they experience a mass exit. Expect some SA U/18s will also be making themselves available to Victoria Metro and GWS this year to get picked up.

One player to catch the eye at Glenelg v South last Friday was no 6 for South, Hannah Munyard. Quick and fluent, she looked to have AFLW potential.

I’m thinking that Cramey may be one of the unlucky ones to depart.
Her forward role is probably easier filled than Jones or Ponter and she’s not getting any quicker.

Perhaps they're going for a "Chelsea Randall can't possibly stand 3 tall forwards at once... right?" model.

Unfortunately, they are wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps they're going for a "Chelsea Randall can't possibly stand 3 tall forwards at once... right?" model.

Unfortunately, they are wrong.

She only has to defend whichever one the footy goes towards :thumbsu:

I'll bet she goes to Ireland and wins a premiership in Gaelic footy too :) She's a star.

Don't see us choosing to get rid of Cramey yet, and she's definitely an SA girl and one of the leaders here. Also can't see her being offered Tier 1 anywhere else. Don't think she'll be going.

How is that possible? There are many more threads for the mens comp, it will just get buried. And I'm pretty sure chucking the AFLW page up between the backyard and locker room won't hurt anyone.

The only potential problem with giving AFLW it's own sub-forum is that it potentially could lead to lower traffic through the AFLW threads due to them being hidden away in a sub-forum.

Given that the AFLW season is primarily played during a lull in the footy calendar I think the AFLW threads actually help during the off season to keep the main Adelaide board active.

Don't worry Jenny your request hasn't fallen on deaf ears (even though you didn't even bother to include me in :p)

We just need someone to pop in regularly to ask about a sub-forum and it'll keep the thread near the top. Problem solvered. You can thank me later.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
And/or create multiple threads and keep bumping them. Not sure why anyone asked tbh. I always thought thats it better to ask for forgiveness than permission

The only potential problem with giving AFLW it's own sub-forum is that it potentially could lead to lower traffic through the AFLW threads due to them being hidden away in a sub-forum.

Given that the AFLW season is primarily played during a lull in the footy calendar I think the AFLW threads actually help during the off season to keep the main Adelaide board active.

Don't worry Jenny your request hasn't fallen on deaf ears (even though you didn't even bother to include me in :p)
It wasn’t intentional (to not include you).

The AFLW threads wouldn’t be hidden away, they’d be under AFLW sub forum. That would enable us to generate separate threads for team bios (that cmndstab did for us), recruiting, player movement, coaching team and general non crows AFLW discussions. At the moment it’s all in one thread and it’s hard to keep track of. You’d still be getting traffic to the Adelaide board.

It wasn’t intentional (to not include you).

The AFLW threads wouldn’t be hidden away, they’d be under AFLW sub forum. That would enable us to generate separate threads for team bios (that cmndstab did for us), recruiting, player movement, coaching team and general non crows AFLW discussions. At the moment it’s all in one thread and it’s hard to keep track of. You’d still be getting traffic to the Adelaide board.
Just create the threads you want .. stop asking, just do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back