F Baker Riewoldt Castagna
Rioli Lynch Caddy
KMc Lambert Ross
Houli Vlaustin Short*
Astbury Grimes Broad
foll Nank Martin Cotchin
i Balta Ellis Graham Stack
(ext. Bolton* Higgins Menadue)
Bolton would replace Short if he struggles.

Castagna to Bolton
Short to Stack
Higgins to the bench.
Short has no place in this team with Houli in it, even more so with Stack taking his place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate this “Port Adelaide took them lightly” bullshit the media is spouting. No. We are simply a better football side than them. Even without our best players.
I don’t really get that comment from some people. Yeah maybe leading up to the game because who knows what their mindset was, but they were going hard at us to win the game from the beginning. They started the first half 7.3 in accuracy and had 19 inside 50s to our 8 in the last quarter.

They did not go easy on us from what I saw but we just ended up winning 3 quarters.

Fair call Cairo. He's been bad.
I still wouldn't play Jack or Bachar this week though. Would play them Wednesday week.
I'd love to see Naish come in but I don't think we can blood so many youngsters in such a short space of time.
That would work real well for us, those two fresh will really trouble the dees off the short break.

He has a go but he’s just bloody hopeless at the moment.
The obvious thing with George is he simply ain’t having shots at goal , not even scoring points to indicate his in the spot to give himself a chance , nothing . Not a good sign . Go back to vfl with butler , play in midfield and get hands on it

i’m a bit nervous about next week.

Yes it was a great win by our depleted Richmond side but it looked like a very emotional win for the team as well.

Emotional wins can really screw you up the next week if it’s not handled right.

Hopefully our coaching department and senior players can calm the kids down and keep themselves calm so they don’t exhaust themselves this week.

Our forward line looked heaps better with Caddy. Great return for him after an interrupted preseason. If the three of them can Gel properly once Jack is back our forward line is gonna be really exciting to watch as they all being something really different to the table

Shane Edwards would be the best. He has gone from what you read today of Menadue or Graham and treated with disdain, a source of constant frustration to now, a revered tiger.
Although there are one or two who still cling to his bad games for dear life. Cotchin copped so much s**t for his playing style and leadership too.
Should go back and read about Houli and Grigg!!

Just on this, I know there can be and has been some poor posting at times against players that wasnt warranted.

However a lot of the time the criticism some players copped in the past was warranted due to poor performances.

That's just how it was and people called it how they saw it.

Luckily players develop and grow which gives improved performance which people then comment on accordingly.

How boring would it be if we just pat each other on the back constantly and didn't challenge something or someone that could be improved on?

Our forward line looked heaps better with Caddy. Great return for him after an interrupted preseason. If the three of them can Gel properly once Jack is back our forward line is gonna be really exciting to watch as they all being something really different to the table
Caddy has swagger that few others on our team have. Like Nank, is a bit of a campaigner. We're starting to get to know that Lynch is not just a good kick for goal. I love his aggro. And Stack plays tough too. Which brings something to the team. Its starting to remind me the teams of the early 70s. Balme, McLean, McGhie, Sheeds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i’m a bit nervous about next week.

Yes it was a great win by our depleted Richmond side but it looked like a very emotional win for the team as well.

Emotional wins can really screw you up the next week if it’s not handled right.

Hopefully our coaching department and senior players can calm the kids down and keep themselves calm so they don’t exhaust themselves this week.
Ross was pretty low key in the post game interview. The team has been winning regularly for 5 or 6 years now. We are not reigning premiers, so no unusual pressure for the team. For us fan we knew a loss in Adelaide would make us 1 and 3. 2 and 2 is way better

I wonder if he didn't get drafted because his brother was so injury prone. To be fair Dylan was injury prone in his early years as well but he always gave 100% effort and you just knew that once his body came good he would be an excellent player.

It's a pity that his brother was wasted at Melbourne

The 2009 draft is probably Melbourne's biggest nightmare.

Not only did they miss Dusty with Picks 1 & 2, but they had first pick in the pre-season draft. They had Jack Grimes (drafted 2007) who to be fair, at that stage was looking like a future gun (they eventually made him Captain). And look! His brother's in the pre-season draft! We've got Pick! I mean, surely........

Poor old Richmond missed out on future-millionaire-but-decidedly-average-footballer Joel McDonald, and were left with Jack's obviously not-very-good younger brother, Dylan. Thanks Dees!

(Still, Melbourne did eventually do one thing right - the Grimes' boys have good family genes, so when Jack was playing out his last year in the magoos at Melbourne, he suddenly got a call-up for two late-season senior games - and finished his career on 100.)

Next week will be very interesting, I feel like we will be a better side with Dusty back in but will that stuff the team balance? Probably not but still a lot of things to look at.

Just on this, I know there can be and has been some poor posting at times against players that wasnt warranted.

However a lot of the time the criticism some players copped in the past was warranted due to poor performances.

That's just how it was and people called it how they saw it.

Luckily players develop and grow which gives improved performance which people then comment on accordingly.

How boring would it be if we just pat each other on the back constantly and didn't challenge something or someone that could be improved on?
Nobody is saying it’s wrong hopefully.
In fact the most annoying posts are those that go out of their way to tell somebody they were wrong or tell everyone how right they were.
And the most boring are the ones who see only good in everything, mind you the ones that are only negative are mind numbing too. Like you say it’s all opinion which creates discussion not a he said, she said.
It’s great being proven wrong anyway when you have doubts on a player or coach.

Last edited:
Have to be honest I've been one to be very critical of B.Ellis, but last night I thought he was brilliant and deserves to be praised and hopefully can really build on this performance.

Was coming in to say the same thing. If he can put the first few rounds of the season behind him, so can I.

Leave Baker in next week imo, he's touching on the George and Butler form of 2017... and in saying that we can probably go ahead and give George a rest.

That's a bit unfair,
Kmac's kick backwards didn't cost us the goal. Broad fumbled and stuffed it up royally. That's what cost the goal... wouldn't have happened if Dylan or Rance were there
LOL...have seen Rancey and Grimes both stuff up in the backline with some royal clangers!

Back