2019 AFLW Season

Remove this Banner Ad

So the current equation is, over the three years, net, players we've lost to other clubs (* denotes All-Australian):

Harris* (Carl), Gibson (NM), Randall (NM), Stanton (GC via NM), Ashmore (NM), Kaslar (GC), Virgo* (GC), Frederick-traub* (Rich), Yorston (GC), Bella (GC), McCarthy (StK)*, Parker (GC), Groves-little (GC), Pittman (GC), Exon (StK, TBC)

And players we've gained from other clubs:

Arnell (Carl)

I know we were always going to lose players on a net basis, but 15 out (including 4 All-Australians) for 1 in is pretty screwy.

Who is saying that KMac is already signed with the saints?

And who is saying that Exon is already out the door?

If the club (or any other reputable source, Sarah Black or the AFLW site for instance, is not saying it) then how is it credible?

If the club (or any other reputable source, Sarah Black or the AFLW site for instance, is not saying it) then how is it credible?

It’s credible.

Just wondering if you have information to the contrary?

The tweet on the page before is from an AFL reporter at the Age, Daniel Cherny, who is usually on the money and isn't known for making up trade rumours.

Says who? The only mention of it was from the Cherny twitter post (that I can find) and yet everyone here keeps saying it.

Credibility is subjective I guess. Good sources have been talking about KMac going for about a month now.

Says who? The only mention of it was from the Cherny twitter post (that I can find) and yet everyone here keeps saying it.
Mike Whiting from two days ago;

https://womens.afl/news/17820/lions-look-on-the-bright-side-after-player-exodus
Best and fairest runner-up Nat Exon and speedster Kate McCarthy could also be gone, with St Kilda looming. However, depending on the number of other Lions who depart for expansion teams, the possible departures of Exon and McCarthy could be contingent on trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering if you have information to the contrary?

The tweet on the page before is from an AFL reporter at the Age, Daniel Cherny, who is usually on the money and isn't known for making up trade rumours.

So only one journo? From a whole raft of sports journos is saying it? That's not good enough for me.

It's fine for you to come to the conclusion that they're staying until a club announcement.

It doesn't mean that others can't come to the opposite conclusion based off that same information, and then discuss it as such.

Just found this......

AFLW 2019 off-season: Brisbane’s Kate McCarthy and Nat Exon set to join St Kilda for 2020 season
Women's AFL

sarah_olle.jpg

91cf90fcd89c4c383f99193921ffbab9
Brisbane’s Kate McCarthy celebrates a goal during the 2019 AFLW season. She and Nat Exon are heading to St Kilda for 2020. (AAP Image/Josh Woning)Source: AAP
Brisbane must brace for life without two key players, after Kate McCarthy and Nat Exon accepted offers to join expansion club St Kilda.
The Lions have been ripped apart this trade period, with captain Leah Kaslar one of seven players to join the Gold Coast Suns.
Key forward Sabrina Frederick has also accepted an offer to play with Richmond, a club that has been particularly aggressive throughout the trade period, also nabbing Western Bulldogs skipper Katie Brennan.
Live stream the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season on KAYO SPORTS. Every match of every round. Live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Try 14-Days Free Now >
Round 5
St Kilda has found it more difficult to lure big names to the club, with the signings of McCarthy and Exon certainly the most significant.
McCarthy was an inaugural Lion and played in both club’s losing Grand Finals, with her trademark speed making her one of the most exciting players in the competition.
Exon was traded from Carlton to Brisbane at the end of the inaugural season, but will return home to Victoria from 2020 onwards.
The duo join Alison Drennan (Western Bulldogs), Darcy Guttridge (Collingwood), Rhiannon Watt (Carlton) and Selena Karlson (Western Bulldogs) as signings at the Saints.

It's fine for you to come to the conclusion that they're staying until a club announcement.

It doesn't mean that others can't come to the opposite conclusion based off that same information, and then discuss it as such.

I didn't say they couldn't come to their own conclusions. You can come to whatever conclusion you like but it needs to have credible sources to back it up, not just that you heard from somewhere.

I didn't say they couldn't come to their own conclusions. You can come to whatever conclusion you like but it needs to have credible sources to back it up, not just that you heard from somewhere.

Except people's definition of credible sources obviously differs too - a journalist who doesn't have a history of throwing out crap can meet that definition, versus only when confirmed by the club.

From the Lions web site:

"McKenzie Dowrick to West Coast Eagles."

"Nat Exon will also leave the Club as the eighth player from the Lions’ list to move to an expansion club, and will play for the Saints in 2020. "

"Kate McCarthy to St Kilda"

Am gutted to see it's now official but onwards and upwards I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back