Autopsy Round 5 2019 Swans Vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm keeping my mod hat on for the coach topic, staying neutral and not touching that with a ten foot pole

Ahh thought I had you when I saw the notification

Damn back to trying to get tickets to the research room

my two cents?

well. it was better i guess. I expected a belting, and yes, ultimately Richlol played us into the game there in the last quarter, but I still think it was a better 4 qtr performance then the melbourne game, even the melb and carlton games put together.

obviously turnovers killed us. too slow to get back and try and cover them.
rowbottom i liked. keep your spot.
thurlow go away.
jack sorry mate, but you're done.
rampe/mills/dawson/heeney were all pretty good i though.
parker is well off.

it just seems like half the side has some pace and wants to get going but the other half is terribly slow and are stopping that from happening. 2 weeks in a row now it's been evident when we get the ball moving we simply look better. I golf clap longmire for telling them to take the game on (or does he?), as it's a very different way the swans play. We just need to do it more so it becomes more familiar.

thurlow and ronke go out for me next week.
o'rierdan and menzel in.

thank the lord lynch had a stinker i think. and the only way martin got his supercoach points was to sit in the goal square and wait till we turned the ball over, which is exactly what happened.

they weren't fantastic richmond, and 4 points is all it is as there's nothing to gloat about after that performance.

time to get up for a derby. if they play like they did today we have a chance.

Fair call. I'm a bit cautious about our semi long term contracts we keep offering to players after a few good games. Villain number 1 is Sam Reid.
Clubs just trade them now, they’re that irrelevant. It’s actually a joke.

IMHO, there should be a cap on how many years you can sign players and I personally think it should be 3 years... but, you can roll over those 3 years so that over time you get 4, 5, 6 etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really think this bunch is trying out there. I truly believe they're really putting in effort. Which makes it all the more dispiriting to see them flounder. Truly flounder. We're just a genuinely bad football team right now. A team which doesn't look like it's having all that much fun. Not listless, they're trying I think. But kinda joyless. Like it isn't fun.

It's also dispiriting that the two guys who we hoped would take some load off Bud as KPF's (Reid and McCartin) appear just as if not more ready to play as defenders right now. Like I'm sick of seeing Reid do nothing as a forward and I'd be quite content for him to play as a defender from now on - I mean actually I think we should trade him but you know what I mean. McCartin looked all at sea as a forward tonight, way better when moved to defence. Ronke has gotta go.

Rampe is my favourite Swan now. God he works his arse off. Never drops his head and is always moving and trying to influence the game. He was fantastic tonight. Didn't matter if he was on Lynch or Martin, he was beating them both with relative ease and there are barely 3 players in the league capable of doing that to those two particular players. Great choice to elevate him to captaincy.

Mills played woefully. His reputation really does precede him around the league. His footskills are just so ordinary. I still want to see him in the middle for some full games, but bloody hell, at HB where he is supposedly already a star he was dreadful tonight.

I like Thurlow. He makes a few mistakes each week which are pretty basic but his instincts seem pretty sound to me. He goes when its his turn and his disposal isn't terrible. He's not brilliant but there are no better options for now as I see it. I was high on O'Riordan in the preseason but I've tempered a bit on him.

Loved seeing Dawson play a really good game even if it was down back. I hoped pushing him back might see Lloyd shift up the field - maybe that'll happen soon. We've got to try it.

And if we're gonna be bad, at least some of the young guys are getting major minutes around the ground. Florent and Dawson in particular. And Jones is taking ownership of the middle it seems. He needs help badly but it's good to see.

Don’t ******* tell me to calm the **** down when I had no aggressiveness to my post! How about you calm the **** down?

Now, when I say he is possibly injured, I’m saying he is possibly injured. If that’s the case, why don’t we rest him until he’s injured no more? I’m getting sick and tired of playing guys that, having that 1-2 weeks rest, would actually help them play longer into the season. It’s actually detrimental to the overall team dynamic.

Seems we're all taking the loss and this season fairly well. I move we form a safe space circle hold hands and sing kum-bai-yah.

Agree Blues have some excellent ball users, we have only one, and he points a lot.
I doubt (hope I’m wrong) that he’ll play another game with us. That’s a nasty injury, speaking from experience and I only did mine on a treadmill whereas McVeigh’s was nastier. It actually took me a good 6 months to recover

What has become a trend, as I see it, is for head coaches to hire and subsequently rely more on their experienced assistant coaches to handle greater responsibilities. Richmond surged on the back of Caracella and Leppitsch coming in and Hardwick delegating responsibility. Ditto Collingwood last year with Sanderson, Longmuir, Hocking, and Harvey, St Kilda this year even. They hired Brendon Lade and Brett Ratten over the off-season and are thriving with Richardson now.

i wonder if there's something in this for Longmire and the rest of the coaching staff to take heed of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back