Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you know your going bad when Nash has scored more goals than you over last 4 games and he’s also played 1 game less
Oh I see you were just looking to sink the boot in and be clever.

Oh I see you were just looking to sink the boot in and be clever.
Yeah I couldn’t help myself. I’m pretty sure Nashy has snagged 1 or 2 duck duck gooses in the last 4 game stretch.

Your right about his score involvements though which his always been pretty elite at. If he can get Wingard and Lewis going in that regard then not hitting the scoreboard personally might not be such a bad thing in the short term.

Injuries or not Gunston, Smith and Stratton all need to lift. If they can get back to that form of last year then we will be a 3-4 goal better side overall. Also take into consideration the steady improvement from Scully, Wingard and Scrimshaw. There’s plenty of upside left.

Don’t underestimate the importance of Burgoyne and his ability to be used in the midfield when needed. He will be a massive boost. Slowly that long injury list will start to shrink down over the next month or so.

So what’s the GO with Brand? Is he going to be out for an extended period or what? I guess a lot will depend on how tall Melbourne go. Poor old Brandy hasn’t had much luck with his shoulders and I’ll never forget him doing his shoulder I think in his first appearance for us in JLT when he popped one something like 5 minutes into the game which cost him the majority of his first season.

Anyways this is pretty much sums up how I feel after watching the BUPA report these days 😂

1CF96E8A-B393-446B-B9D1-C52B386C5E99.gif

Injuries or not Gunston, Smith and Stratton all need to lift. If they can get back to that form of last year then we will be a 3-4 goal better side overall. Also take into consideration the steady improvement from Scully, Wingard and Scrimshaw. There’s plenty of upside left.

Don’t underestimate the importance of Burgoyne and his ability to be used in the midfield when needed. He will be a massive boost. Slowly that long injury list will start to shrink down over the next month or so.
Scary thing is the injury list is about the shortest in the comp apart from Chip in a week's time, there aint anyone else coming back this year.

Scary thing is the injury list is about the shortest in the comp apart from Chip in a week's time, there aint anyone else coming back this year.
I think we know by now our injury lists isn't our injury lists.
It's generally best 26 players that are out or players that have had surgery.
All the other stuff that people play with isn't listed. All teams do that but it means you really don't know how healthy everyone is.
I mean Burgoyne played with broken ribs last year in the finals. We just don't know how much improvement in the health of those playing we have to look forward to

Nice in theory, but fit enough to play doesn't mean you're going to be at your best.

We've had blokes running around at 70-80% either because we think that is better than what their replacements would give, or there are no replacements and we've asked blokes to play through stuff we'd normally rest them for.

If guys get hurt in a game and play it out we praise them, if they aren't 100% but play the next week we bag them. Now maybe some of these guys have put their hand up when they shouldn't have, but maybe the club has asked them to play knowing that they aren't going to be able to fully perform.

We don't know

That's all very well and good I agree with what your saying we have blokes carrying Injurys and there good players, but go ask the rest of the 17 clubs I guarantee you most have 3 or 4 blokes in the same boat.

It's no difference to them step up and playing thru a finals serious not 100% fit, they have been in the system for 10yrs
so don't let that be a excuse.
Where the proud mighty H.F.C!

Yeah you know your going bad when Nash has scored more goals than you over last 4 games and he’s also played 1 game less

I guess the main difference between both of these guys for me is I'd take a half fit and out of form Gunston over Nash at full fitness any day of the week.

Whatever it is that's affecting his form I'm sure he'll turn it around, I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Form,injury, and the constant shuffling of role every game. They need to settle him in down in 1 role.

No the doubt ITB is playing a part in his kicking for goal. I guess when you factor in the Gunston, Breust, Poppy, Wingard are wither playing hurt or still not close 100% match fit yet and the whole team feels like they’ve been in a slump goal kicking wise. Hopefully with a better run of the green starting this Saturday they can all hit some form together.

I hope everyone doesn't think this is going to be a walk in the park against the Dees because I certainly don't, given our past form. We should win this by a few goals you would hope but this could be a game where they come out firing sadly against us.

I look forward to seeing Frawley and Burgoyne back in the side but is Birchall going to retire, as never heard of a player out for so long with any sort of injury?

I think O'Brien's last year or chance and hope he does well at CHB. Schoe must be his last year if he cant break into this side but I always thought he is a good forward up the ground not a key position player as a beautiful kick of the footy but time is running out.

Danger game this one, Dees aren't as bad as their ladder position suggests. Hopefully we're on from the get-go.
Agree about the danger game part but they actually are as bad as their position suggests. They've beaten one team (Sydney) who are bloody ordinary themselves and are the least cohesive team in the comp. I'll be filthy if we can't roll them on sat as they're a bloody rabble at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back