Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a very talented list, but they deserve to be exactly where they're on the ladder in 2019.
Interesting that they are now being compared to the 2018 Crows

They've had an off season a bit like we did after 2008, minus winning the flag of course

Even if we were terrible last week, there really should be no excuse this week. Having watched the deez most of the year, I’d be really disappointed if we fold on Saturday.

Silk back in this week?
If fit Silk is still an automatic selection.

Well he did spend some time down back but mostly he's just not been taking his chances at 5.9

He's still leading the team in score involvements though

I think it was the St Kilda game where Dunstall pointed out that Gunston now has a technical flaw in hiss kicking that makes him hook the ball to the right. True enough, watching him from that point on his set shots are all going to the right. You'd think (hope?) someone at the club has identified it and he's working on it.

I think it was the St Kilda game where Dunstall pointed out that Gunston now has a technical flaw in hiss kicking that makes him hook the ball to the right. True enough, watching him from that point on his set shots are all going to the right. You'd think (hope?) someone at the club has identified it and he's working on it.

He actually called it in the first half of round 1 against the crows!! I believe it is the injury he is carrying with his ITB that is the cause of his goal kicking woes.

He actually called it in the first half of round 1 against the crows!! I believe it is the injury he is carrying with his ITB that is the cause of his goal kicking woes.
Correct he called it earlier. Not sure if it is the ITB. Dunstall pointed out that in his run up he goes to the right rather than straight and the ball goes with him. Was evident in the Saints game when looking at him kick for goal from behind.

Agree about the danger game part but they actually are as bad as their position suggests. They've beaten one team (Sydney) who are bloody ordinary themselves and are the least cohesive team in the comp. I'll be filthy if we can't roll them on sat as they're a bloody rabble at the moment
Good point, they are extremely poor at the moment. What I meant was their list isn't a bottom of the table list unlike a Gold Coast or a Carlton from previous seasons so they could easily turn it around. I'm with you, will be filthy if we lose that's for sure!

Good point, they are extremely poor at the moment. What I meant was their list isn't a bottom of the table list unlike a Gold Coast or a Carlton from previous seasons so they could easily turn it around. I'm with you, will be filthy if we lose that's for sure!
What I'm finding amusing is apparently the dees have been "physical" at training. That's not where you are crap ATM Goodwin it's your skill level and structures. Being physical isn't going to instantly transform the way the team plays if you don't have good skills. Should be working on that. without Viney who is going to instigate the physicality Jones Lewis and Melksham? Please, there's more of a chance we bash into Max Gawn all game than Melbourne trying to rattle our cages and putting us off. The semi final should be forefront of all our players minds.

Still trying to make out why the hell Goodwin is making it easier on us by potentially dropping Weidman, we clearly have issues with manning key forwards at the moment, they can often get a handle on us, by not playing Weidman its a massive help to us.

What I'm finding amusing is apparently the dees have been "physical" at training. That's not where you are crap ATM Goodwin it's your skill level and structures. Being physical isn't going to instantly transform the way the team plays if you don't have good skills. Should be working on that. without Viney who is going to instigate the physicality Jones Lewis and Melksham? Please, there's more of a chance we bash into Max Gawn all game than Melbourne trying to rattle our cages and putting us off. The semi final should be forefront of all our players minds.
I recall many years ago (maybe 2009?) that we'd been playing very poorly for weeks and reports were that during the week we had become very physical at training and people were getting excited that we'd come out fired up and tear our opponent to pieces. From memory we came out and played even worse than we had been.

Physically and mentally exhausted. Work yourself up into a frenzy on Monday and by the time Saturday rolls around it's all fizzled out and there's nothing left in the tank. But who knows, maybe it'll work for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing brand is out boys,

Who coming in ?
do we go like for like with mirra :(
Or play Sicily and tob as the two keys.
And bring in a another runner?

Still trying to make out why the hell Goodwin is making it easier on us by potentially dropping Weidman, we clearly have issues with manning key forwards at the moment, they can often get a handle on us, by not playing Weidman its a massive help to us.
If he drops him for this week i will be fully convinced that he is not a good AFL coach. They should absolutely win the midfield battle and should be looking to stretch us down back... Please go through with it Goodwin.

Might be what happens when you've got a niggle, say in the ilio-tibial band?

Once gain who says Brand is out
He went of with that knock to the shoulder, played sore for the rest of the game, have heard he is unlikely to play,
Mirra NO, run with Timbolina who has earned the right after last week.

I agree, so replace a key defender with a extra mid? Clarko likes to run with 2 key backs and Sicily as the 3rd option.

Stratts on petracca,
Tob / sicily - t.McDonald ?

He went of with that knock to the shoulder, played sore for the rest of the game, have heard he is unlikely to play,

I agree, so replace a key defender with a extra mid? Clarko likes to run with 2 key backs and Sicily as the 3rd option.

Stratts on petracca,
Tob / sicily - t.McDonald ?

McDonald has been **** on a bull this year, let Timbo take him.. Stratts or Dimma to Petraca who likes to move up the ground, maybe Stratts stays deep with him..

Sicily can still intercept and Stratts can play big if need be as well..

TOB
Stratts
Sicily

That’s plenty for Melbournes spud forwards..

Seriously if we don’t beat this mob there’s something wrong, they are talking about bringing in the Wagner brothers and Oscar McDonald and dropping Weidman.. Goodwin has officially lost his collective s**t.

McDonald has been **** on a bull this year, let Timbo take him.. Stratts or Dimma to Petraca who likes to move up the ground, maybe Stratts stays deep with him..

Seriously if we don’t beat this mob there’s something wrong, they are talking about bringing in the Wagner brothers and Oscar McDonald and dropping Weidman.. Goodwin has officially lost his collective ****.

If you have seen Weideman play this season you would understand the negativity.

But you are correct that if we do win this, something is seriously wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back