Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cousins might miss this week, it looked like he elbowed the guy to the side of the head, he looked like he felt guilty that he did it, thats why i believe he'll get a week, but worse gets let off on the tribunal so who knows, they might not think its worth their time and fine him or let him off?

one good quarter and we beat Carlton, lucky Carlton has not got much belief, we made them go in their shell after a quality 3rd quarter, although if that mark got paid to McKay then we'd be looking at a 2-4 start to the season

on other news, good to see M.Walker and Minchington debut at BHH

Howe and Shiels coming back in has steadied us immensely around the ball. They may not be huge accumulators but they know how to defend a stoppage, while the experience of Worpel and Cousins has been on show a little for the past few weeks.

Gawn and Preuss will both play, I suppose? I don't know if we'll back McEvoy and O'Brien/Rough to do the job. Rough in particular struggling to have an impact forward with so much time in the ruck. Ceglar could find his way back in.

We lost when it mattered against Melbourne last year and it stings! Well I’m still hurting anyway.

Hard to believe what a poor start they have had to the season, considering how brilliant they were supposed to be.

What we did against Carlton cannot be underestimated. Teams such as Melbourne and st kilda would have lost to an inspired Carlton by 7 to 8 goals. We did well to come back and win it with a 53 point turnaround before conceding junk goals. You can’t question our club’s character ever!

I really hope we bring our second half form into this week. We need the momentum!

KOLOKOTRONIS

That female umpire had an absolute shocker on the weekend. It's great seeing her out there doing the job however female or not she had half a dozen incorrect rulings and that's not even getting to the Luke Bruest fiasco when he was on the angle kicking for goal. It was awesome hearing BT blow up about it because he like many wanted us to lose so bad. Did everyone else see all the halftime media build up about how Carlton has arrived and Hawthorn were dead in the water. The hate is still strong for us.
If that was Melbourne Kicking for goal they would have mentioned it once, but they kept harping on it and showed it about 4 times. Agree it was bad umpiring but why didn’t the Carlton layers arc up about it. Very clever by Breust.

James Cousins' hit was graded low Hawthorn - which carries an automatic 1 game suspension
The grading of it as intentional is what got him a week.

It was always going to get a "low impact" grading as SPS played out the game, wasn't concussed and nothing was broken.

We should get intentional downgraded to careless, then its a fine and he plays

Disagree. Each to their own though I guess.

But god damn, just how vocal are you! To get warned in the MCC you need to be acting like a proper campaigner, ive never seen it happen in the 19 years ive been a member.

I would be furious if took a mate in as a guest and he acted out so badly that he got warned, not once, but TWICE, putting my own membership in jeopardy.

Mcc is not for everyone i enjoy a beer on a nice afternoon while I watch my side , and i like to cheer when my side kicks a nice goal.
Great spot if you wanna be left alone and watch the game in silence.

Choose my regular seats with follow hawthorn members everytime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both O'Meara and Worpel referred to the half-time rev up in their post-match interviews. Worpel said he could not repeat what Clarko said.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the half-time rooms.

Interesting coz Shiels said everything was very relaxed at half time in his post match interview. Sounds like someone telling porkies.

It's the legal team. Geelong go in all smoke and mirrors and bring in enough footage, experts, etc. to get the jury thinking there is enough grey area to get it overturned. We go in with no game plan hoping for a change.

Yes because if there's one thing I know about Hawthorn it's that we're an unprofessional rabble off the field.

Get a grip.

Cousins accepted.
I'm not surprised. He's got no hope of the Danger discount and given our last attempt at overturning an accidental trip by pleading guilty with Howe, I wouldn't expect the club to get me off if I was him

Yes because if there's one thing I know about Hawthorn it's that we're an unprofessional rabble off the field.

Get a grip.
That's a bit of a reach. One area in which we have been woeful in the past means that ALL AREAS are woeful!!! Go and check our recent record in THIS ONE AREA and compare it to Geelong in THIS ONE AREA. Chalk and cheese.

We lost when it mattered against Melbourne last year and it stings! Well I’m still hurting anyway.

Hard to believe what a poor start they have had to the season, considering how brilliant they were supposed to be.

What we did against Carlton cannot be underestimated. Teams such as Melbourne and st kilda would have lost to an inspired Carlton by 7 to 8 goals. We did well to come back and win it with a 53 point turnaround before conceding junk goals. You can’t question our club’s character ever!

I really hope we bring our second half form into this week. We need the momentum!

KOLOKOTRONIS
Melbourne do worry me from the POV that they could potentially wake up and start playing that quality football again. No doubt it will happen at some point. I just hope it doesn't happen this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back