Autopsy The future beyond KKK

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly our off field management is beyond deplorable. Besides Hinkley, KT and Koch are destroying the club we all love. Who would be suitable replacements to replace these tools and stop the rot?
I wouldn't express myself exactly in those words, but I concur in spirit.

Heard in the grapevine senior changes will have to start being made if we just squander the time now with the team we have - that was a comment made a couple of years back.

By senior i can only assume Ken.

I reckon Keith knows hard calls are coming, we can’t just keep Ken in charge and keep finishing 10th.

Signing Ken was a mistake, keeping him is also a mistake. Time to swallow some pride and do the right thing by the club.

I can see Ken gone before KT and Koch.

Heard in the grapevine senior changes will have to start being made if we just squander the time now with the team we have - that was a comment made a couple of years back.

By senior i can only assume Ken.

I reckon Keith knows hard calls are coming, we can’t just keep Ken in charge and keep finishing 10th.

Signing Ken was a mistake, keeping him is also a mistake. Time to swallow some pride and do the right thing by the club.

I can see Ken gone before KT and Koch.

Any chance Chris Davies, General Manager Football is part of the conversation? If not, he should be as never in the PAFC's history has a football department been so well resourced but with so little return on investment.

A person in his position would not survive in any other business sector.

Last edited:
Our recent mistake was recruiting watts, motlop, rockcliff, trengove, McKenzie etc. We thought we were close but this decision has probably closed the window and pushed it out by three years.

The result of our window being pushed out by three years will see the loss of boak, ryder, rgray, westhoff, rockcliff, ebert, broadbent, dixon, hartlett, jonas, motlop, watts, trengove, sgray and mckenzie during that period. Some are likely to face the cut at years end or just held for loyalty factor. There are some quality names there especialy when we just lost pittard, polec and wingard.

This turnover means we will always be 2-3 years away from contending.

Then we have guys like Wines who simply isn't cut out for the pace of modern football..............and we make him captain. Worse his kicking makes Shaun McManus look polished.

Our poor 2017 draft of patmore, farrell, garner and barry looks pretty ordinary with our only hope being Hayes who has been cruelled by injury.

the failure to develop austin, frampton etc........when was the last time our club developed our own ruck or tall forward?

So if we are to look back at why we are so average, we have assess our trading, drafting, development and retention. Then isolate the team responsible for these decisions and hold them accountable. Sure the board is responsible for calling for that review and allocating a budget but that's it.

So I'm not sure the negative energy we have is focused in the right place, if its focused at the board.

Our recent mistake was recruiting watts, motlop, rockcliff, trengove, McKenzie etc. We thought we were close but this decision has probably closed the window and pushed it out by three years.

The result of our window being pushed out by three years will see the loss of boak, ryder, rgray, westhoff, rockcliff, ebert, broadbent, dixon, hartlett, jonas, motlop, watts, trengove, sgray and mckenzie during that period. Some are likely to face the cut at years end or just held for loyalty factor. There are some quality names there especialy when we just lost pittard, polec and wingard.

Then we have guys like Wines who simply isn't cut out for the pace of modern football..............and we make him captain. Worse his kicking makes Shaun McManus look polished.

Our poor 2017 draft of patmore, farrell, garner and barry looks pretty ordinary with our only hope being Hayes who has been cruelled by injury.

the failure to develop austin, frampton etc........when was the last time our club developed our own ruck or tall forward?

So if we are to look back at why we are so average, we have assess our trading, drafting, development and retention. Then isolate the team responsible for these decisions and hold them accountable. Sure the board is responsible for calling for that review and allocating a budget but that's it.

So I'm not sure the negative energy we have is focused in the right place, if its focused at the board.

Couldn't disagree more with this entire post.

For Ken to be moved on I think the board have to cull Koch as president but I can't see it happening.

I can only see KT resigning from the CEO position on his own accord.

I can see Koch and Ken still in their positions in 2021 with no on field improvement.

Scary.

Watching the game last night we looked like a team in rebuild. Kern has blown the list time to replace him. Keep KT, send Koch packing. Koch's style of bullshit just doesn't work for this club and barely works in business. His level is hosting breakfast tv and that's a great achievement but he isn't an executive's a-hole.

Clearly our off field management is beyond deplorable. Besides Hinkley, KT and Koch are destroying the club we all love. Who would be suitable replacements to replace these tools and stop the rot?

In the corporate climate that is the AFL it does not matter who any of us think should run the Club as the AFL appear to appoint who they want to the Board and that Board ratifies the Coach etc. The days when candidates went before the Membership to get elected to the Board are well gone. We can fantasize about who we might want but that is all it would be.

It is bit like the people trying to overthrow some Central American or North African Junta. About the only way we would get noticed is to get out in the streets and protest. Maybe the next march to the AO could have some Hinkley for Baghdad signs and culminate in burning Koch in effigy. If we did that Kochie would probably lift his eyes to the heavens and say, 'forgive them father for they know not what they do'. ;)

For Ken to be moved on I think the board have to cull Koch as president but I can't see it happening.

I can only see KT resigning from the CEO position on his own accord.

I can see Koch and Ken still in their positions in 2021 with no on field improvement.

Scary.

I'm of the belief Koch is the number one problem, he is probably the most non Port Adelaide president the club has ever had in its 149 year history, he is turning us into milksop central with his pathetic comments and housewives tv `star' management style, but the chances of the board ousting him are virtually zero because I suspect there are too many board members who were hand picked to shore up his empire.

I too believe KT will be the first of the 3 K's to pull the pin and it won't surprise me greatly if it is as early as this year.

In the corporate climate that is the AFL it does not matter who any of us think should run the Club as the AFL appear to appoint who they want to the Board and that Board ratifies the Coach etc. The days when candidates went before the Membership to get elected to the Board are well gone. We can fantasize about who we might want but that is all it would be.

It is bit like the people trying to overthrow some Central American or North African Junta. About the only way we would get noticed is to get out in the streets and protest. Maybe the next march to the AO could have some Hinkley for Baghdad signs and culminate in burning Koch in effigy. If we did that Kochie would probably lift his eyes to the heavens and say, 'forgive them father for they know not what they do'. ;)

Good point. Not having a member select board is good and bad though. We need highly professional directors instead of popular people or locals, not being disrespectful. There has to be a better system whereby the members do select but only from an AFL approved group of professionals.

I think it's time to accept that we exist to balance the TV schedule and maybe win a flag every few decades a al WBs. Our board and senior managers are entrusted to deliver this "vision" of stability and low expectations, while trying to sell some hope so people continue to buy memberships. It's not an easy task but it's pretty obvious that's what they are doing. IMO.

I think it's time to accept that we exist to balance the TV schedule and maybe win a flag every few decades a al WBs. Our board and senior managers are entrusted to deliver this "vision" of stability and low expectations, while trying to sell some hope so people continue to buy memberships. It's not an easy task but it's pretty obvious that's what they are doing. IMO.
Which is AFL's goal, not ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the board has any choice but to have a vision of low expectations, purely because they backed the wrong horse in Ken Hinkley.

How can they legitimately promise anything else?

With this administration, that may be fair. "Kenny was a super hero at 11-4" "No one thought we'd be 4-2" Their just a bunch of mediocrity accepting w***ers that are happy not being Carlton or the GC.

Will never go any where until the club is being run by people who want to be the best, not happy just existing.

The whole club culture needs to change otherwise it will be just shifting deckchairs on the Titanic. We are too accepting of low standards, we are not ruthless enough, we can't handle pressure and expectation. Until these things change, we will never be a good club.

This is heart-breaking. Port Adelaide perennial losers. I cannot fathom it but visually it is looking likely.

Watching the game last night we looked like a team in rebuild. Kern has blown the list time to replace him. Keep KT, send Koch packing. Koch's style of ******** just doesn't work for this club and barely works in business. His level is hosting breakfast tv and that's a great achievement but he isn't an executive's a-hole.
Koch was made President in part because he was meant to open corporate doors. Since Renault what major corporate doors has he opened for us? We had the second sponsor debacle and he’s been a brake, not a help on China being our saviour. Unfortunately there’s no way he won’t stop putting himself forward as the face of our 150th. Best we can hope for is after the 3 K’s get their publicity for prosperity for the 150th is they go as ‘mission (to still exist) accomplished’.

In order of who should go it’s Koch and Ken, daylight then KT. If KT wasn’t spending so much time putting out on field fires from Ken or off field from Koch he could get back to being effective, as he was during that brief time the other two K’s weren’t stuffing things up.

Koch was made President in part because he was meant to open corporate doors. Since Renault what major corporate doors has he opened for us?

I’m not a great fan of Koch, but wasn’t he instrumental in bringing in Gupta?

Having said that, I’m still a bit wary of Gupta but that’s probably just the MyATM PTSD talking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Having said that, I’m still a bit wary of Gupta but that’s probably just the MyATM PSTD talking.

Any half competent person in Kochies position would have got them on board. They are looking at boosting their profile and positive public perception/image.

Or poor 2017 draft, Carn to end all carns. Patmore was close before he did his knee, Farrel will be fine once he gets another chance, Garner is a gun who missed most of last year with a shoulder injury. Farrel and Garner will be regulars after this week. Patmore will be ok when he gets back next year.
Also drafting McKenzie and Trengove was so we had depth and were competitive at sanfl level. We need a winning culture at all levels, you can already see what playing in a winning strong side is doing to the development of Ladhams, Frampton Atley etc..

The whole club culture needs to change otherwise it will be just shifting deckchairs on the Titanic. We are too accepting of low standards, we are not ruthless enough, we can't handle pressure and expectation. Until these things change, we will never be a good club.
This is true, but it really started in 1997, brought in too many imposters that didn't embrace what the PAFC is all about. It was just a new team to play in the big league to some. And also why we developed a losing choking culture very early on. I'm glad a couple of them missed out on the 04 flag, (not primus) fk them, campaigners.

Having said that, I’m still a bit wary of Gupta but that’s probably just the MyATM PTSD talking.

And so he should be. Gupta was the first thing he’s done since Renault in 2013 and I believe Renault may have come as an intro from the AFL. He may have had something to do with Oak via one of his Eastern Advisory Boards but on the whole what he’s actually brought to the table is a long way short of what he should have produced, and should be producing - at least one big, I mean Big, corporate addition each year of his chairmanship. Make that two.

Or poor 2017 draft, Carn to end all carns. Patmore was close before he did his knee, Farrel will be fine once he gets another chance, Garner is a gun who missed most of last year with a shoulder injury. Farrel and Garner will be regulars after this week. Patmore will be ok when he gets back next year.
Also drafting McKenzie and Trengove was so we had depth and were competitive at sanfl level. We need a winning culture at all levels, you can already see what playing in a winning strong side is doing to the development of Ladhams, Frampton Atley etc..

I look forward to receiving the dividends for what you promise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back