How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not going to finish the season off strong. We needed to start strong while the young players we'rent cooked.

We'll be lucky to win 4 games and that's being optimistic after sitting through that North Melbourne game.
Would you have said Brisbane would win 5 games last year after 14 games and only one win?

Yes, we were awful on Sunday and I got super angry at it and was thinking the same thing. But so far this season it’s an outlier. Look at our draw and there are easily 6-7 winnable games. Crows in Melbourne being one of them. Let’s just see how things pan out.

Would you have said Brisbane would win 5 games last year after 14 games and only one win?

Yes, we were awful on Sunday and I got super angry at it and was thinking the same thing. But so far this season it’s an outlier. Look at our draw and there are easily 6-7 winnable games. Crows in Melbourne being one of them. Let’s just see how things pan out.

Brisbane's senior core were better than we have.

They also have something we don't, several players with mongrel in them who have a red hot crack.

People have been doing that for 20 years.

Look where that's gotten us.

Given we're bottom of the ladder and still being beaten by the bottom to mediocre teams we've proven nothing yet this season.
So if that hasn’t worked, then you have three choices.
1. Stop following them
2. Be negative and make it feel worse and spread the negativity (pointless)
3. Have blind faith and actually give the trade a chance to play out.

Brisbane's senior core were better than we have.

They also have something we don't, several players with mongrel in them who have a red hot crack.

Do champion data run a stat on ‘mongrel’ and/or ‘red hot crackers’?

Maybe we just stick to the stats that show we are tracking better than Brisbane were at this time last year... and see how things pan out. We may find out that that game was just a shocker.

Move on from it.

I can speak for the many people I sit around at the football. They all have higher expectations than you. Why?

Because they support a club that can't keep its mouth shut and often comes out with grand statements about plans going forward.

Fans buy into that spin and unfortunately the club doesn't deliver on its promises.

All 10 of you?

Again you have no clue as to my level of expectations. If your "higher" expectations are unrealistic, outcomes will struggle to be achieved

What grand statements have this regime not delivered?

Do champion data run a stat on ‘mongrel’ and/or ‘red hot crackers’?

Maybe we just stick to the stats that show we are tracking better than Brisbane were at this time last year... and see how things pan out. We may find out that that game was just a shocker.

Move on from it.

No they don't, because they are a pile of s**t.

Maybe we just watch the games, given that's the best method of determining how we're travelling.

All 10 of you?

Again you have no clue as to my level of expectations. If your "higher" expectations are unrealistic, outcomes will struggle to be achieved

What grand statements have this regime not delivered?

66 game rebuild = laughable.

Won't ask for PP = embarrassing back flip

The Carlton Way = Grand statements that will if not met look like more failures

It's fine for the club to harbour ambition, how about just keep it low key until they've actually achieved something of note.

66 game rebuild = laughable.

Won't ask for PP = embarrassing back flip

The Carlton Way = Grand statements that will if not met look like more failures

It's fine for the club to harbour ambition, how about just keep it low key until they've actually achieved something of note.

We did a 66 game rebuild, tick

They never said they wouldn't ask, they just focused on the season

I find you and your type interesting, hardly visible when we win, then constant during an unreasonable loss

Speaks volumes really

Bailey Smith looks like a Daniel Rich/Rhys Palmer/Clayton Oliver type. Body already AFL able, so stands out among the new draftees. No real outstanding attribute above size/fitness which won’t improve much after first two years.

Will eventually get overtaken by players with skill/vision/x-factor, once their bodies are AFL able.
Sorry for the intrusion but this is a horrible call. You’re talking as if Bailey has been used as an inside mid and has one gear. Bailey was one of the fastest and explosive players in the draft. How many of those players you mentioned have the speed bailey has ? His frame isn’t close to being able to withstand punishment like the big bodies are. That’s why Bevo is still playing him on the outside. And you say he will be overtaken by blokes with skill vision and X factor?? Have you watched Bailey play? He was drafted because he has all those traits. And he’s proven it over the last month what he will become once he builds up size and work on his tank.

We did a 66 game rebuild, tick

We are nothing like rebuilt. Laughable if you think we are.

They never said they wouldn't ask, they just focused on the season

Yes they did, Cain Liddle said they weren't interested in it. You don't even know what your own club is saying.

I find you and your type interesting, hardly visible when we win, then constant during an unreasonable loss

Speaks volumes really

Says more about you really. Says you're not at any games and always on here.

I don't find those types of people interesting in the slightest.

Sorry for the intrusion but this is a horrible call. You’re talking as if Bailey has been used as an inside mid and has one gear. Bailey was one of the fastest and explosive players in the draft. How many of those players you mentioned have the speed bailey has ? His frame isn’t close to being able to withstand punishment like the big bodies are. That’s why Bevo is still playing him on the outside. And you say he will be overtaken by blokes with skill vision and X factor?? Have you watched Bailey play? He was drafted because he has all those traits. And he’s proven it over the last month what he will become once he builds up size and work on his tank.
Yep, had similar reactions when I called Oliver as having a low ceiling, he was 'unprecedented' in his first year, and as I predicted, hasn't shown much improvement since. Smith has similarly exploded onto the scene, because he was close to AFL ready body wise and that stands out among draftees.

Happy to be proven wrong on Smith, only time will tell if his improvement continues or plateaus.

Yep, had similar reactions when I called Oliver as having a low ceiling, he was 'unprecedented' in his first year, and as I predicted, hasn't shown much improvement since. Smith has similarly exploded onto the scene, because he was close to AFL ready body wise and that stands out among draftees.

Happy to be proven wrong on Smith, only time will tell if his improvement continues or plateaus.
If you were to pick a player that has a mature body ready to dominate right away with a lower ceiling. I’d go with Stocker. He’s 5kgs heavier than bailey smith. Doesn’t have his pace. And is born in January. So he’s much older than his peers in his draft year. Your comparison between the previous winners of the rising star and Bailey Smith isn’t even close to being true. Clayton Oliver also doesn’t have baileys explosive pace out of contests and his goal kicking traits. Two things that make a player have a higher ceiling than run of the mill inside mids.

We are nothing like rebuilt. Laughable if you think we are.

Yes they did, Cain Liddle said they weren't interested in it. You don't even know what your own club is saying.

Says more about you really. Says you're not at any games and always on here.

I don't find those types of people interesting in the slightest.

Again your expectations, twisting of facts and lastly a deflection

If you are not satisfied, only highlighting areas of concern, that need improvement without acknowledging any improvements we have made, then perhaps it's time to hand in your membership

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would also have to disagree with this Jabba, Smith not only has traits that will stem the flow, but will win games off his own boot

I think long term he will be the best midfielder/forward of this draft

Edited: I see GAJ like traits

Last edited:
If you were to pick a player that has a mature body ready to dominate right away with a lower ceiling. I’d go with Stocker. He’s 5kgs heavier than bailey smith. Doesn’t have his pace. And is born in January. So he’s much older than his peers in his draft year. Your comparison between the previous winners of the rising star and Bailey Smith isn’t even close to being true. Clayton Oliver also doesn’t have baileys explosive pace out of contests and his goal kicking traits. Two things that make a player have a higher ceiling than run of the mill inside mids.
Except my point was about being AFL ready in terms of size and fitness. The knock on Stocker by all reports from the Tigers recruiters was his lack of fitness/tank. Once he fixes that, his vision and skills on both sides will see him with a much higher ceiling.

Except my point was about being AFL ready in terms of size and fitness. The knock on Stocker by all reports from the Tigers recruiters was his lack of fitness/tank. Once he fixes that, his vision and skills on both sides will see him with a much higher ceiling.
Bailey smith is a few days short of being 12 months younger than Stocker.
Bailey smith as it stands has an average tank for an AFL footballer. With potential to have an elite tank that will help him run all day and be a huge accumulator of the footy. And also has great goal kicking boys and explosive pace as an outside midfielder. How are any of those traits any comparison to the players you have mentioned? Bailey smith isn’t even close to being a man child.

Has the season ended?
Yes for Carlton it has, finals are over for you guys, there are no more motivation for the old players (who are still in your best top 5 players and you don't have a core quality group in the 25-27 range so the youngsters will struggle after the break), lucky GC banked 3 wins early in the season including winning a 8 point game against you.....my last respond to your post here, bye.

Last edited:
Everything I read and saw about Smith was about his meticulous preparation in terms of fitness and diet while trying to get drafted. To his credit he is as AFL ready as you can be coming from a junior program, Walsh is similar.

As I said, happy if he proves me wrong, just didn't see the same upside as with players that are nowhere near AFL ready in terms of fitness when they are drafted.

Yes for Carlton it has, finals are over for you guys, there are no more motivation for the old players (who are still in your best top 5 players and you don't have a core quality group in the 25-27 range so the youngsters will struggle after the break), lucky GC banked 3 wins early in the season including winning a 8 point game against you.....my last respond to your post here, bye.

Nic off

Clayton Oliver has amazing pace out of a contest..

Still think the trade was worth the risk, this year's draft is nowhere n ear as loaded as last year's, also Adelaide's recent drafting and young player development is hardly setting the world on fire. Still expect the Crow to finish around 10th or 11th, they are a pretty bog ordinary footy team, also rans if you prefer
I haven’t seen any of yesterday’s game apart from scores, but by all reports pretty ordinary game. I have seen a couple of games this year from them that were very underwhelming.

As if the senior players in our team went into this season thinking we were finals bound!? That alone makes your whole statement/post moot.
The season is far from over for any team whether playing finals or not. Plenty to get out of what’s left of it.
Really dumb post and I hope it’s the last from you on here.
You keep saying you’re leaving but you keep coming back and digging further into the depths of dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back