Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

God i hope Bolton doesnt get the sack after this.

I think he's going to be a good coach if they stick with him. Carlton have had absolutely zero talent for the better part of his coaching tenure and on the weekend they were without all three HBF (Docherty, Simpson, Newman).

Just look at their old midfield core led by Murphy and Gibbs. Gibbs can't get a spot in the crows midfield and Murphy was surpassed by both Cripps and Walsh in their respective first years. They've had no forwards or defenders of note either.

Good (and very young) group coming through now. Future looks pretty good over the next 3-5 years but depends on how well they can prune the bottom 10 of their best 22 and how well some of the more up and down performers come on (Dow, Setters, Kennedy, etc.)

Walsh - 18
Dow - 19
Fisher - 20
SPS - 21
Weitering - 21
Mckay - 21
Setterfield - 21
Marchbank - 22
Kennedy - 22
Curnow - 22
Cripps - 24
Docherty - 25

I think he's going to be a good coach if they stick with him. Carlton have had absolutely zero talent for the better part of his coaching tenure and on the weekend they were without all three HBF (Docherty, Simpson, Newman).

Just look at their old midfield core led by Murphy and Gibbs. Gibbs can't get a spot in the crows midfield and Murphy was surpassed by both Cripps and Walsh in their respective first years. They've had no forwards or defenders of note either.

Good (and very young) group coming through now. Future looks pretty good over the next 3-5 years but depends on how well they can prune the bottom 10 of their best 22 and how well some of the more up and down performers come on (Dow, Setters, Kennedy, etc.)

Walsh - 18
Dow - 19
Fisher - 20
SPS - 21
Weitering - 21
Mckay - 21
Setterfield - 21
Marchbank - 22
Kennedy - 22
Curnow - 22
Cripps - 24
Docherty - 25

Dew has far less to work with and has somehow made GC more competitive this year but its early in the season.

4 wins from 40 games is inexcusable imo.

ergh
Why hit people. Seriously.
If someone knocks a beer out of your hand (especially if you’ve tipped a few back) it’s not hard to see red and just react. I definitely don’t agree with the reaction. I can just see how it can happen very easily. The optics are worse given the victim is intellectually disabled.

If someone knocks a beer out of your hand (especially if you’ve tipped a few back) it’s not hard to see red and just react. I definitely don’t agree with the reaction. I can just see how it can happen very easily. The optics are worse given the victim is intellectually disabled.
Forget his disabilty, it's a beer ffs. Not even good beer.
I've had them dropped on me from the row behind, knocked out of my hand, kicked when i had it on the floor. Even had a bird s**t hit the cup lid (fairly sure some went in....that was the end of that one).

If you're tipping so many back that that sort of behaviour tips you over the edge, you didn't need that beer...or probably any of the others.

We complain about Umps and commentators ruining the sport. Fans are no better.

I've had them dropped on me from the row behind, knocked out of my hand, kicked when i had it on the floor. Even had a bird **** hit the cup lid (fairly sure some went in....that was the end of that one).

If you're tipping so many back that that sort of behaviour tips you over the edge, you didn't need that beer...or probably any of the others.

Well done for having that level of self control. Not everyone else does.

I’m not saying the action is justified. But if someone smacks a beer out of someone’s hand it’s an act of aggression. Can you really not understand someone reacting violently as a reflex?

But if someone smacks a beer out of someone’s hand it’s an act of aggression.
Knocking a beer out of someones hand isn't automatically an act of aggression

Can you really not understand someone reacting violently as a reflex?
As a normal human being, no, violence isn't my first reaction.

Did you see the video? It definitely was an act of aggression. smacking a drink out of your hand would anger anyone.

I can say categorically that I wouldn’t have belted someone in that instance. Not everyone will react the same. Let’s not pretend we live in a world where that kind of anti social behaviour isn’t common place.

In this instance it clearly was. He didn't accidentally bump into him.
There are very few times when a punch in the head is an appropriate response, and I can't think of too many that involve football or beer, but if you are going to go up to someone and smack something out of their hand, you can be almost certain there will be some level of response. And I can only assume the guy wanted a response, otherwise why smack the beer out of his hand?

Kick 'em both out for life and lets move on

I've had them dropped on me from the row behind, knocked out of my hand, kicked when i had it on the floor. Even had a bird **** hit the cup lid (fairly sure some went in....that was the end of that one).

People in the crowd are the biggest factor in me not wanting to go to live games anymore. I'm not worried about getting beat up or anything like that but people are just insufferable and it's really uncomfortable to be around. I'd much rather just watch on t.v with a few friends and not have to listen to some drunk dolt I don't know being really aggro and annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People in the crowd are the biggest factor in me not wanting to go to live games anymore. I'm not worried about getting beat up or anything like that but people are just insufferable and it's really uncomfortable to be around. I'd much rather just watch on t.v with a few friends and not have to listen to some drunk dolt I don't know being really aggro and annoying.
im the same.
Which is a shame, cos i love going. And i do. But every game is a reminder i would rather be at home enjoying it, instead of surrounded by angry, drunk louts. :(

Well done for having that level of self control. Not everyone else does.

I’m not saying the action is justified. But if someone smacks a beer out of someone’s hand it’s an act of aggression. Can you really not understand someone reacting violently as a reflex?
personally no. Not for something like banging a drink out of my hand. I'd likely laugh more than anything else....well smirk, then probably get smacked in the head for it.
20+ years of karate, they spend a lot of time drilling into you not to hit people.
Im also fairly placid and passive.

Watching the video, very easy for the Dees fan to take the high road and jeer rather than jump on the guy. Disabled or not, he didn't do anything that deserved anymore than a swift berating, or piss take. either or.
Your team won. Enjoy it. Don't belt people.

im the same.
Which is a shame, cos i love going. And i do. But every game is a reminder i would rather be at home enjoying it, instead of surrounded by angry, drunk louts. :(

One of the reasons I pulled the pin at 3/4 time yesterday was that the crowd was starting to get a bit silly (and this was in the MCC where you can't even drink in the stands!). It really is a shame that you can't sit through a game without people acting like absolute spuds.

Having seen the guys appearance on youtube I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if he spent the entire game mouthing off at the Melbourne fans.

Watched the second half of Adelaide VS Fremantle - It was the worst half of footy I've watched in 2019 - Apparently the first half was even worse.
A slight exaggeration. The Ess v Carlton game from a couple of seasons back (in the wet, we lost) made me want to stick a fork in my eye. The Crows v Freo game was not the worst game, even in this round.

EDIT: sorry misread - thought you said the worst game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back