AFL Autopsy 5 pt loss v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodgy decisions on Anzac day ticked off because they were technically correct.
Dodgy decision yesterday ticked off because it was in the spirit of the game and not technically correct.

I'm confused.

This is the bit that pisses me off, and that shows why the AFL need to finally pull their heads out of their collective arses and actually re-establish the laws of the game so that umpires, players, coaches and fans know what the * is going on.

We get that umpiring is hard, most of us will understand and get over the fact that mistakes are made in a stupidly high paced game played on a huge surface, but when you lie and tell us everything is fine when it's clearly not, then it means you are taking us for suckers.
The saga nearly drove me away from the sport I love and have played/watched/participated in for the past 30 years. I have a feeling the current AFL Administration might finally be able to push me over the edge

This is the bit that pisses me off, and that shows why the AFL need to finally pull their heads out of their collective arses and actually re-establish the laws of the game so that umpires, players, coaches and fans know what the **** is going on.

We get that umpiring is hard, most of us will understand and get over the fact that mistakes are made in a stupidly high paced game played on a huge surface, but when you lie and tell us everything is fine when it's clearly not, then it means you are taking us for suckers.
The saga nearly drove me away from the sport I love and have played/watched/participated in for the past 30 years. I have a feeling the current AFL Administration might finally be able to push me over the edge
I'm desensitised to losing, it's been our way for years now.

Being treated like an idiot by a grinning shmuck in a suit like Gil and fed rubbish platitudes about some mystical 'feel' of the game, that is in reality a constantly moving target and adaptable to whatever whims the AFL pleases in any given week or indeed game, is exactly the sort of thing that genuinely does make you feel like it's not worth bothering.

Winning and losing is part of being a fan. The at war with Eastasia stuff, not so much.

The vision of Rampe climbing the post is terrible for the look of the game. Given Gil's preoccupation with "the optics" you'd think that he'd be in favour of the umpires enforcing the rules of the game, rather than endorsing a decision to go with "the vibe" and allow the unattractive spectacle of a player climbing the goal post, which is clearly not a part of the game, to go unsanctioned.

Separately, does anyone know if it was the same umpire that Rampe said sounded like a little girl who told him to get down from the post but refused to apply the rules?
How could that in any sense not be considered abuse of an umpire?

The 'feel for the game' angle is hilarious by the way. Where was this so-called feel for the game last week when, for example, Smith was penalised for the deliberate out of bounds after the ball almost certainly slewed off the side of his boot?

Or when he was pinged fifty when the swans players ran into him......

The 'feel for the game' angle is hilarious by the way. Where was this so-called feel for the game last week when, for example, Smith was penalised for the deliberate out of bounds after the ball almost certainly slewed off the side of his boot?
Also, since when is a 100m penalty ‘feel for the game’? It’s a bad rule, but the rule is there. Not angry because the umpire paid it according to the rule.

What about Shuey’s high in a final against Port? Where was the feel for the game there? Harsh, but that’s the rule.

Why is this any different? Gil reckons fans want the umpires to use common sense and adjudicate according to the feel for the game. Shows how out of touch he is. We want consistency. Pay according to the rule. Don’t like the rule? Change it.

First coverage of Saturday, The Kick.
Andy McGrath on the panel. Campbell Brown says let’s address the monkey in the room. Shows footage of Rampe climbing the post (like a monkey, I guess).
Rich says that should’ve been a free kick in the goal score and you would’ve won the game.
Andy says we should’ve played better.
That’s it.
What I’d like answered is Rampe’s behaviour, pole climbing and comment to the umpire earlier in the game, when he is meant to be a captain in the league?

First coverage of Saturday, The Kick.
Andy McGrath on the panel. Campbell Brown says let’s address the monkey in the room. Shows footage of Rampe climbing the post (like a monkey, I guess).
Rich says that should’ve been a free kick in the goal score and you would’ve won the game.
Andy says we should’ve played better.
That’s it.
What I’d like answered is Rampe’s behaviour, pole climbing and comment to the umpire earlier in the game, when he is meant to be a captain in the league?
to be honest, I'm a little surprised that nothing has been made of Rampe's "little girl" comment. It didn't sit well with me at the time, and it still doesn't now. Granted, I am a little bit of a "snowflake" but hopefully his Mother says something to him about it when they catch up tomorrow.

According to them it didn’t shake enough to affect Myer’s kick.

the rule doesn't refer to affecting a kick.

the rule is black and white.

if a player deliberately moves the goal post before or after another players disposal its a free kick. Its quite simple.

the rule doesn't refer to affecting a kick.

the rule is black and white.

if a player deliberately moves the goal post before or after another players disposal its a free kick. Its quite simple.
I agree but then you and I can obviously read.
The AFL, The Umpires Association, Gillon, Hamish and the commentator mouthpieces obviously can’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but then you and I can obviously read.
The AFL, The Umpires Association, Gillon, Hamish and the commentator mouthpieces obviously can’t.

when was the last time the AFL admitted the umpires ****ed up?

They have put these dumb *s on such a pedestal that they never challenge them or contradict them.

Any the wonder why people have zero respect for umpires and boo them.

to be honest, I'm a little surprised that nothing has been made of Rampe's "little girl" comment. It didn't sit well with me at the time, and it still doesn't now. Granted, I am a little bit of a "snowflake" but hopefully his Mother says something to him about it when they catch up tomorrow.

TBH I chuckled at the time but my wife pulled me up and said that is a terrible thing to say so * him, should have been 50M penalty.

I watched that ”Up the Guts” show after the footy on Friday, I think they pretty much nailed why there wasn’t much response.

Because it’s not an insult that makes a great deal of sense to anyone that’s ever met a little girl.

Little girls are one of the few things you would most likely actually be able to hear in that scenario.

calling Captain Hird... calling Captain Hird
can you here me(us)
10-20
receiving
you guys seem to be in a little bit of trouble
please dont say another word
we know the problem
iam on my way
super Bird(no Hird)
that is just magic...around silvagni... over to salmon and straight thru....yes..yep...thats it...wooh...go Hirdy....
.....i can wake up now
i don't want too......

Mate just relax.

Freo have a lot of damaging smaller/midsize forwards
Need intensity, tackles that stick, two way runners and no passengers.
Pidgeodo to HBF
Irish to the wing
Out: Myers, Zaharakis, Zac Clarke
In: Joe Daniher, Dylan Clarke, Matty Dea (if he can be selected - love his one percenters and toughness at contest)

Pidgeodo to HBF
Irish to the wing
In: Joe Daniher, Dylan Clarke, Matty Dea (if he can be selected - love his one percenters and toughness at contest)
^^ This. Where he is most damaging to opposition and least damaging to us.

I've noticed that we seem to have an inability to stick tackles.
Myers and Langford especially bad. I don't get it they are supposed to be the bigger bodies. Time and time again they can't hold tackles. Pretty sure I wad the last person saying Myers was worth anything to the team. Now there's officially nobody. The only positive is finally the team selectors are making four changes instead of zero....

when was the last time the AFL admitted the umpires ****** up?

They have put these dumb ****s on such a pedestal that they never challenge them or contradict them.

Any the wonder why people have zero respect for umpires and boo them.
You are spot on.
They invite the ridicule because they refuse to admit the errors.
I hope this gets a lot of airtime and this sham gets exposed. Maybe this is a turning point?
When the fans booed ANZAC Day, they got to shift the focus from the game to the booing.
This time, it’s all about the pole dancer.

Pidgeodo to HBF
Irish to the wing
I saw them live in Canberra. They took the Giants apart.
They nailed their kicks, 2 or 3 metres off the ground straight on the chest of a teammate.
They handpassed 3 times max in most cases before kicking.
GWS had to fight to get inside 50, like the Dons against Geelong, and didn’t score. Freo went 2 or 3 kicks out, into their forward 50, shot on goal. Back for 5 minutes, Giants trying to score, turnover, repeat.
If Freo are on, then it’d going to be a tough game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back