No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

turns out not a defensive bone in his body and too conditional.............you'd think they'd have known.........2 first round picks? they insisted.........

Last edited:
I'd say it's the difference between being somewhere for nearly 10 years and growing up with it, learning to love it, and going 'back' to where you were before and realising that it's changed, you've changed, and it isn't the same.

But whatever...

I think you onto something.

I can still remember those beautiful drop kicks and he was tough as nails. Still remember when he flattened a certain Pies fullback in the goal square at the MCG.
not a word you hear anymore..........flattened.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been one of my criticisms of Bryce in the past - high tackle numbers isn't necessarily a good thing. Reckon he's happy sometimes to play just behind his man at the stoppages and lay an immediate tackle for a repeat stoppage, rather than trying to win the contested ball. Makes his numbers look good, but doesn't really help the team. Not sure if that's the issue here, but I suspect there's an element of justified double standards - he may not be the worst performing player, but he's the one who, on ability and experience, should be doing much more than he is. Plus a dash of "Last man in, first man out" when they want to send a message to the group.

Would be fascinating to hear his candid opinion on whether the trade back to SA was a good move or not in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back