No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wonder if he would have had the same mental issues if he was drafted lower. I wonder how much pressure being pick 1 has on a player, especially tall players.
Gibbs, Murphy also have pick 1 pressure and always get judged harsher than other selections.

What about if you weren't selected at all - Ever heard stories of those kids who believe that footy is their only pathway. Distressing.

Last edited:
Front bar has Akermanis on tonight, some highlights of his goals he put through from ridiculous angles a lot on his left side too at full pace, did it on the big stage regularly too bloke was a freak...
Of all the players in the immediate past, I'd almost take him first. Needed a single touch to swing a game, whether through the middle or in front of the ball.

If only he wasn't such an idiot.

I always wonder if he would have had the same mental issues if he was drafted lower. I wonder how much pressure being pick 1 has on a player, especially tall players.
Gibbs, Murphy also have pick 1 pressure and always get judged harsher than other selections.
I think this is the normal yet erroneous assumption on how it all works.

But the truth is that genuine anxiety as a disease has nothing to do with external factors. It is an internal genetic malfunction. It makes no difference who you are or what your station in life is. When it manifests it simply takes the victim prisoner. I think its unfortunate that the term anxiety is used to name it because it confuses people into thinking normal anxiety based on a stimulus is in play. It is not. It is more correctly described as panic disorder wherein chemicals are released into the bloodstream by ones own body when they shouldnt be. With catastrophic results very often.

Forgot to mention earlier that's who i thought Izak Rankine reminded me of, exact clone of Akermanis...
I thought the same, albeit Rankine is taller, stronger and faster.

Dunno if he'll get anywhere near as good, but IMHO I think his ceiling's higher. Got the capacity to be better than God Jnr at his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked the Akermanis segment on the front bar and i really like hearing Jason talk about his career and footy. Every time i see a poster write, no d**kheads policy, in regards to draft/trading, i see Akermanis in my head kicking goals from ridiculous angles and winning games off his own boot.

I have seen Mathews talk of, working late in his office at the Gabba and looking regularly out the window and seeing Akermanis in the dark, running around, snapping goals.

I really hope there are still a lot of players putting this effort it to improve their craft.

To that utter bastard who made that disgusting and heartless post about Neale Daniher on Facebook, it takes a special kind of cowardly cretin to mock a dying man who has done so much to inspire others and raise money for that soul destroying disease.

Hope you never have to experience a loved one suffer through Motor Neuron disease, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

These online trolls keep sinking to new lows.

Wow, our club is really ruining football as we knew it:
1. Umpire abuse from players and spectators
2. Umpire contact from players
3. Sling tackles
4. Friday night games and lack of viewers
5. Priority pick removed as an option in the future
6. Boring and low scoring games

Just remove our licence and save the AFL, ffs

On Mac Sport yesterday, the Ox said the same thing happened with one of the cheer squads at the Freo vs * game on the weekend.
Nothing to see here AFL...oh, that's right, we banged a drum...absolute dreadful behavior, sets unacceptable standards for our youth to follow, and should be stamped out...don't want the kiddies banging drums now do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back