Autopsy Swans Vs Pies - Round 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is we don’t have coverage in the back line. ‘If’ McVeigh was to come back in, Thurlow could be retained (doesn’t deserve to be dropped anyway imo) and Mills to mids? Only way I could see it happening. Mills was good last night too!
We really got smashed in the middle after Hewett & Kennedy were both out. Resulted in a few goals but yeah Mills down back definately stopped a few as well. We've still got Lloyd down back though, I'm keen to throw Mills into the middle and keep Dawson down back

There were quite a few holding the ball and deliberate decisions, marks paid when the ball clearly hit the deck, an over the shoulder on Parker that was called holding the ball. The list goes on but yeah, how the umpires couldn’t count over 15 gets me!
This is a trend. There has been a huge free kick differential towards the grubs this. Good old Collingwood forever.

Played a great game. Dare him to do it again
Sam is a good player. He is a 6 goal forward once every 30-40 games. It just happened to be against the pies. (6.0.36) didn’t miss.
I thought the 5.10 v 5.1 at half time summed it up.
We led by the same amount of score differential.

And may he forever continue to have the confidence to do so. That's in no way a negative in my opinion but one of his strengths. Players drop some of those including the likes of Jeremy Howe. We can't complain about flair being coached out of them and then wish for it at the same time.

This.

I'm not so harsh on that because he backed himself to kick it. He just failed to on this occasion. Hey we got 6 straight out of RTeidy & our goal kicking overall is why we were still a chance. 3 close games, we won 2 of them, that's the way things go.
They could have easily fizzed out after that second quarter from the Pies but we took it right up to them till the end & they will go back to Melbourne very sore after that hard game.

Just a shame , have to kick it

I wouldn’t drop him though which seems to be popular

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And may he forever continue to have the confidence to do so. That's in no way a negative in my opinion but one of his strengths. Players drop some of those including the likes of Jeremy Howe. We can't complain about flair being coached out of them and then wish for it at the same time.

It’s like Papley going for goal

Let him keep going will pay off more often than not

Yep. And I'm not a big fan of Rose either but it sounds like his form deserves reward. Straight swap for next week.

Just two weeks ago NEAFL-watchers were lamenting multiple cases where Rose was woeful in his last game. Yes he was in the bests, but that’s because he is literally the most experienced player in our reserves team and will always do better than some top up or a young draftee. But in terms of a game where he’s done all you can ask of him, I could only say the 39 disposal, 4 goal game at the very start fits that bill. I felt for him that McInerney unfairly got the nod over him, but he’s gone downhill since that game. Let’s hope today he can put in a stellar game.

Hayward has been my vote as our best set shot for goal pretty much from his first game but he's been missing some very easy shots lately, by his or any forward's standards.

Started the year brilliantly but seems to be struggling atm.

Yep he’s kicked many a clutch goal in his very young career. It’s very obvious why knocking Hayward is all of a sudden the flavour of the month.

In any case, in Horse’s press conference he mentioned McCartin, Blakey and Hayward as young guys who have done well in the forward line. That tells me he sees them as integral and has faith to persist with them to reward them for their contributions so far in their careers.

I just love how in a game where the umpires already forgot the lube, we get to the second half and God’s like, oh btw I’m gonna take your two best inside mids out as well. Good luck!

How’s hospital

Reids trade value just went up to early 2nd rounder. Hope to get something from him, been a monumental list clogger and salary cap gobbler.
He's got a lot of upside but injury has killed his momentum most times. Be interesting to see if he can stay on the paddock and retain form. We got a premiership out of him which is better than some even bigger contracts....*cough* Tippett *cough*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back