Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffoon is way too kind for Kane Cornes, cannot stand the campaigner
So your like your media figures to be robotic, matey and repeating the same drivel as the guy before him?
Cornes is a breath of fresh air. Not afraid to be controversial and go hard on players. Very few others in the media are prepared to do that. Of course I don't agree with everything he says but he really isn't scared to put his opinion out there which I really respect. We should be encouraging more people in the media to be more like Cornes to be honest. Not the Jimmy Bartel robot model.

So your like your media figures to be robotic, matey and repeating the same drivel as the guy before him?
Cornes is a breath of fresh air. Not afraid to be controversial and go hard on players. Very few others in the media are prepared to do that. Of course I don't agree with everything he says but he really isn't scared to put his opinion out there which I really respect. We should be encouraging more people in the media to be more like Cornes to be honest. Not the Jimmy Bartel robot model.

Yeah cheers Kane

He is the Clive Palmer of AFL media.

Calls Brad Scott selfish for quitting halfway through the year.
Isn’t this the same guy who retired 1/3 during the year just after playing 300 games ??
Just couldn't pass up the chance to become a fireman. Because, you know, it's not like they recruit every year.
And then the dumb shit failed the test anyway.

I'm glad that Kane has an opinion. Pretty much everyone does. Much like pretty much everyone has an arseh*le. Which coincidentally seems to be where Kane pulls most of his opinions from. If thats your kind of thing good luck you.

Is there anyone you guys actually like. No doubt Jimmy Bartel, Cameron Ling and Hamish McLachlan have something nice and non-controversial to say. Indulge yourselves.
Nah, they are dull, boring and don't really offer much in way of game analysis beyond the surface. Just because Cornes isn't afraid to be controversial makes him no better if his content is just as facile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he’s pretty much echoing the general sentiment from within here - that being Brad Scott is all about Brad Scott and the Brad Scott brand.

Perhaps the bit you missed is that he voices opinions that are either: (1) completely unsupported by facts; or (2) driven by his blind Port Adelaide bias.

So, you call kudos on him for being brave, but he's just another one club supporter who doesn't have any football analysis skills.

And he’s pretty much echoing the general sentiment from within here - that being Brad Scott is all about Brad Scott and the Brad Scott brand.
Lloyd was right - his record is underwhelming and shouldn't be guaranteeing him another job.

Cornes' facts are wrong despite the amicable parting line - Brad is not happy about being sacked - any strategic direction plan of Brad's was designed to force the club's hand one way or another.

It’s refreshing but at the same time sad to have my opinion of AFL punditry comprehensively confirmed throughout the last couple of days.

I reckon every journo gets a club manual after accreditation. Big clubs would have pages of player profiles, club history, projected 5 year forecasts, etc.

North Melbourne: Zero A graders. Zero young talent. Perennial over achievers. Coach gets most out of average list.

(Previous chapter: the Melbourne Football Club - a love story. Penned by Mike Sheahan)

Lloyd was right - his record is underwhelming and shouldn't be guaranteeing him another job.

Cornes' facts are wrong despite the amicable parting line - Brad is not happy about being sacked - any strategic direction plan of Brad's was designed to force the club's hand one way or another.
Yep agree with that. He’s definitely bitter and angry hence his childish behaviour towards King.

I also don’t agree with Cornes that the list is 4 or 5 years away from a premiership. With the right trading, tactics and some minor adjustments to current personnel being utilised the team is much better than appears. There is definitely quality there in terms of young talent and experience. Just need a coach who can get the best out of them and be tactically aware enough to do it as well.

**** these piece if shit channel 9 ass hats.

"Oh you'd definitely want to coach carlton and saints over north, no question"

"Look at all that talent on carltons list"

JUST AFTER making some nothing point around "oh they dont have anyone to build a club around". **** you Lloyd.

**** these piece if **** channel 9 ass hats.

"Oh you'd definitely want to coach carlton and saints over north, no question"

"Look at all that talent on carltons list"

JUST AFTER making some nothing point around "oh they dont have anyone to build a club around". **** you Lloyd.

Yeh, talent on Saints and esp. Carlton's list really working well for them;

Taylor
Zurhaar
Thomas
LDU
Scott
Nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back