Analysis Beveridge - where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Let’s sack Beveridge. And change coaches just like North, saints, Essendon and Carlton. Take an inferior coach. Completely * up our entire footy club. And go watch Bevo win another flag at another club. Last post I make because I can’t be f****ed with talking about it but he hasn’t got the KPP cattle to work with and get results. We will be much better next year with a good off season.

It looks as though that he was the right coach at the right time but there’s no evidence that he’s the right coach to take the club forward. I was staggered there weren’t any other coaches brought in after last years debacle. Given he’s almost certain to be there next year there needs to be a complete overhaul of the assistants to see if that will change something.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We definitely need a change but I’m reluctant to move Bevo on. We need a massive shake up around him though. We’re really stale. Need to change assistants coaches, performance guys, strength and conditioning guys. I’d be moving on Stephen King, Ash Hansen, Daniel Gianciracusa, Chris Grant, Ben Graham. Have a big list turnover this year. When I say list turnover, I don’t mean just make some delistings and a few retirees and go heavy at the draft. Trade some guys out, go heavy trading in and getting free agents. Go and get Jarryd Roughead on a 1yr playing 3yr coaching deal. See if Jarrad McVeigh wants to move into coaching next year.
Blaming the assistants is the biggest myth ever. They just do what the coach wants.

3 years in a row our goalkicking has been abysmal and we play this stupid undersized defence. Bad structure is not the fault of any assistant.

It looks as though that he was the right coach at the right time but there’s no evidence that he’s the right coach to take the club forward. I was staggered there weren’t any other coaches brought in after last years debacle. Given he’s almost certain to be there next year there needs to be a complete overhaul of the assistants to see if that will change something.

ross lyon had 3 years no finals, and this year its looking good for them

Yeah. Let’s sack Beveridge. And change coaches just like North, saints, Essendon and Carlton. Take an inferior coach. Completely **** up our entire footy club. And go watch Bevo win another flag at another club. Last post I make because I can’t be f****ed with talking about it but he hasn’t got the KPP cattle to work with and get results. We will be much better next year with a good off season.

If only Beveridge had access to players like Collingwood’s fullback, who’s been great this year.

Yeah. Let’s sack Beveridge. And change coaches just like North, saints, Essendon and Carlton.
Take an inferior coach. Completely **** up our entire footy club.[/quote]
You mean like we did in 2014? I bet you would've been saying the same thing with McCartney.
And go watch Bevo win another flag at another club.
Sorry, I wasn't aware he was a certainty to find success elsewhere. I guess we should've learned that's a given after Malcolm Blight's immense success at St. Kilda.

Finally, it's gone too far.

After sticking with the reiging premiers in Perth for a half of footy, they managed to get on top in the third quarter.

HOW COULD LUKE BEVERIDGE ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN? What do you mean he didn't go to the trade table 10 minutes into the third quarter, shortly before imagining a completely new tactical system and educating the players about it. Honestly disgraceful. This is verging on negligence.

The only logical solution I can see is for Beveridge to take the black. I hear Tortmund has found himself at a bit of a loose end of late, and with all our KPP problems a coach who knew a few giants could be handy :rainbow:

ross lyon had 3 years no finals, and this year its looking good for them

Freo had an old list and have since rebuilt, heading into the last game of the 2016 season Freo had only won 3 games and the bulldogs 15. It’s certainly been a different trajectory for both teams after that finals series. 19, 11, 8, ? wins.

Blaming the assistants is the biggest myth ever. They just do what the coach wants.

3 years in a row our goalkicking has been abysmal and we play this stupid undersized defence. Bad structure is not the fault of any assistant.
Richmond went out and got Caracalla, Balme, Nankervis, Prestia and Caddy and went from 13th to premiership and you say assistant coach blaming is a myth? I’m starting to think it’s no coincidence that we’ve been ordinary since Monty departed. I know he departed during finals 2016 but every year he’s been gone we’ve been crap. Maybe he was the guy that actually spoke his mind to Beveridge instead of others just doing exactly what Beveridge wants them to do. Maybe it’s time Bevo learned to delegate more than just media to other people at the club.

There is indeed a problem with the list right now. It's obvious having to bring Gardner straight in. Not even Clarko can help this list.

Richmond went out and got Caracalla, Balme, Nankervis, Prestia and Caddy and went from 13th to premiership and you say assistant coach blaming is a myth? I’m starting to think it’s no coincidence that we’ve been ordinary since Monty departed. I know he departed during finals 2016 but every year he’s been gone we’ve been crap. Maybe he was the guy that actually spoke his mind to Beveridge instead of others just doing exactly what Beveridge wants them to do. Maybe it’s time Bevo learned to delegate more than just media to other people at the club.
Balme is not a coach.

Bringing in a different set of assistants is not going to change Beveridge's stubbornness or habits. Nobody is going to come in and "challenge" him, and "change his ideas".

Teams change out assistant coaches quite often and there's no definitive evidence it makes any difference. Richmond's turnaround can be pinned on several other factors. If you believe Caracella or Balme came in, forced Hardwick to change his ideas and philosophy and that's what turned everything around, then you don't get it.

There is indeed a problem with the list right now. It's obvious having to bring Gardner straight in. Not even Clarko can help this list.
And who’s making these list calls? I think Bevo needs to concentrate on coaching and let list managers and recruiters do their thing. As Ross Lyon says, let the cobbler do the cobbling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Let’s sack Beveridge. And change coaches just like North, saints, Essendon and Carlton. Take an inferior coach. Completely **** up our entire footy club. And go watch Bevo win another flag at another club. Last post I make because I can’t be f****ed with talking about it but he hasn’t got the KPP cattle to work with and get results. We will be much better next year with a good off season.

Enjoy the break

Balme is not a coach.

Bringing in a different set of assistants is not going to change Beveridge's stubbornness or habits. Nobody is going to come in and "challenge" him, and "change his ideas".

Teams change out assistant coaches quite often and there's no definitive evidence it makes any difference. Richmond's turnaround can be pinned on several other factors. If you believe Caracella or Balme came in, forced Hardwick to change his ideas and philosophy and that's what turned everything around, then you don't get it.

Lol you literally have no idea if that’s what you think.

Bring someone in with balls like Balme to challenge him and the club tells him to listen to other people. If he don’t listen he goes

You honestly think that Hardwick someone just changed all by himself? You think Buckley did? Look at the change in personality and demeanour in both of them and then tell me they weren’t told to take another path

Balme is not a coach.

Hardwick did completely change his game style and philosophy to coaching in the 2016/17 period and has admitted so many times.

Balme is not a coach.

I know Balme is not a coach. He’s a general manager of football. Very experienced as well. Has also coached before. He’s a steady guiding hand for a young AFL head coach.

I think that’s exactly what Caracalla and Balme did, although forced isn’t the word for it. Dimma would have realised things weren’t working well in their current format and seen the need for change. I think they played a big role in changing things at Richmond, not just with Dimma but others as well, namely the players.

But hey, I’m just a guy with an opinion and you’re a very experienced AFL operator and I probably just don’t get it.

Lol you literally have no idea if that’s what you think.

Bring someone in with balls like Balme to challenge him and the club tells him to listen to other people. If he don’t listen he goes

You honestly think that Hardwick someone just changed all by himself? You think Buckley did? Look at the change in personality and demeanour in both of them and then tell me they weren’t told to take another path
Sorry, you have no clue. Your reputation on this board speaks for itself.

Hardwick did completely change his game style and philosophy to coaching in the 2016/17 period and has admitted so many times.
But how much of that can you pin on one or two new assistant coaches? Again, it's ludicrous to believe he revamped his entire philosophy on the back of a couple new staff members. For all we know, he put his stubbornness aside and challenged himself.

Replacing Stephen King with unnamed assistant coach #624 isn't going to magically fix our problems, nor will it force Beveridge to change his philosophy.

I think that’s exactly what Caracalla and Balme did,
and what exactly is your basis for that? Media speculation?
Adelaide had somewhat of a coaching revamp fairly recently, yet they still suffer from many of the same problems. Assistants are just guys who instruct players to do what the coach wants. This idea that guys like Stephen King and Ash Hansen aren't "challenging" Beveridge, and that some other assistant would is silly.

Sure, Montgomery probably added something, but we won the 2016 flag after he departed. In fact, that's exactly the point we played our best football under Beveridge. If we want to bring a guy like him in again, that doesn't require a full on revamp of our assistants.

Sorry, you have no clue. Your reputation on this board speaks for itself.

But how much of that can you pin on one or two new assistant coaches? Again, it's ludicrous to believe he revamped his entire philosophy on the back of a couple new staff members. For all we know, he put his stubbornness aside and challenged himself.

Replacing Stephen King with unnamed assistant coach #624 isn't going to magically fix our problems, nor will it force Beveridge to change his philosophy.

Lol another “newbie” with an alt

Sooooooooo brave.

Please enthrall is all on how a coach changes without anyone else helping him or suggesting it?

Please explain how the pies and tigers both improved dramatically after a complete coaching department change and philosophy by the coach?

Yeah I agree let’s just KEEP all the same coaches and hope some magic fairy dust will sort the problem hahahahahahahhahaha.

Wow just wow

And my “reputation” on here has about as much merit as OJ Simpsons not guilty judgement.

Start another alt and agree with yourself :)

Lol another “newbie” with an alt

Sooooooooo brave.

Please enthrall is all on how a coach changes without anyone else helping him or suggesting it?

Please explain how the pies and tigers both improved dramatically after a complete coaching department change and philosophy by the coach?

Yeah I agree let’s just KEEP all the same coaches and hope some magic fairy dust will sort the problem hahahahahahahhahaha.

Wow just wow

And my “reputation” on here has about as much merit as OJ Simpsons not guilty judgement. Stupid people make stupid calls
Like I said, you have no clue. No need to invest any time addressing anything you say.

Like I said, you have no clue. No need to invest any time addressing anything you say.

In other words you have no answers so will pretend You are ignoring me. Fair enough I expected nothing more.

Have a great night and another one ticked off with a yellow line.

Ciao

You have to review things first and identify areas that Beveridge needs to improve on as well bring in new ideas. There’s been one new coach brought in since the premiership a low ranking coach from an unsuccessful Collingwood side. When one way clearly isn’t working change has to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back