Review Geelong d Richmond by 67 points

Remove this Banner Ad

How much does Gary Ablett love Miers! Seems to have taken him under his wing.
Absolutely he has.
Miers was interviewed 6 weeks back and he said that last year he was having trouble breaking tags.

So he approached Gaz to ask him how he dealt with it.
Gaz took him through a whole bunch of footage to show him how to lose an opponent.

We haven’t had a side this balanced since the premiership years. Every line has a nice mix of experience, talent and youth. We are playing bloody well but there are some very nice young players coming through. I’m excited for the now and the future.
Menegola definitely comes in to the side. It probably is at the expense of Guthrie but he hasn’t done a lot wrong.
Compare or current team to the last year or two - no Murdoch, no Menzel, no GHS, no (injured) Linc. No wonder we have improved so markedly!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Missed watching the demolition, I’ve just sat down with my Cinnamon Swirls + Cappuccino, homemade to watch. I quite like knowing we won, then watching the replay. Had a LOLILOX moment, reading this:

71C105F8-69D9-4611-B214-3E883B436204.jpeg

Sometimes when you're stuck at home, you've just got to let it out;
it's not edifying reading but it is an essential outlet.
And 2 points for a quarter was deplorable and reminded us of G first quarters in several previous finals games
You don't think it's better to keep that sort of stuff to yourself?
It wasn't anything like our finals games BTW, it was more like the week before against Sydney. Absorbing the pressure and, yes, making some errors, but staying within two goals by quarter time.
I never felt at any time that game was going to get away from us.

The more we win the more I feel we simply must make the most of this season...

Rich were really down on talent.. and its good to do that to them..but I feel like its somewhat discounted .. Take the win ..not overly impressed as I just cant tell what we beat.
And yet before the game it was "beware the wounded Tiger", "they'll be fired up", "they will cause us problems".
Now, after we beat them, they are suddenly crap.

I think our first quarter in hind site was a good thing,better we find out how than in September if we have a response we were pressured by a side that has been depleted with injuries but still have enough quality to cause an upset if they got away to a flyer,we were under the pump and quickly fell 11 points down and not much was going our way, and on what has happens over the last few years it was understandable how some here were reacting in the game-day thread, it had that feeling of we could be giving up a 5 goal start.

The positives were with restrictions on runners bringing messages on it was up to the players to work it out and it looks as though systems were there to respond and they held firm to the first break with the margin still 11 points ,that determination to hang in was as pleasing to me as the turn around in the second quarter and should be seen as another strength of character added this year.
Very happy supporter this morning,hope the boys enjoy their break well deserved.

Last edited:
Gryan Miers is a better player than at least 3-4 of our first round picks over the past decade.

With Sam Walsh’s form tapering off a bit, could he be a chance to win the Rising Star? If they did the final votes now he’d surely be top 3.

I think our first quarter in hind site was a good thing,better we find out how than in September if we have a response we were pressured by a side that has been depleted with injuries but still have enough quality to cause an upset if they got away to a flyer,we were under the pump and quickly fell 11 points down and not much was going our way, and on what has happens over the last few years it was understandable how some here were reacting in the game-day thread, it had that feeling of we could be giving up a 5 goal start.

The positives were with restrictions on runners bringing messages on it was up to the players to work it out and it looks as though systems were there to respond and they held firm to the first break with the margin still 11 points ,that determination to hang in was as pleasing to me as the turn around in the second quarter and should be seen as another strength of character added the year.
Very happy supporter this morning,hope the boys enjoy their break well deserved.
And I seem to remember that our first qtr in the 2007 GF was not dominating on the score line. And then ....well

Absolutely he has.
Miers was interviewed 6 weeks back and he said that last year he was having trouble breaking tags.

So he approached Gaz to ask him how he dealt with it.
Gaz took him through a whole bunch of footage to show him how to lose an opponent.
You mean gaz brought out the old video tapes?

Lol at everyone in here having a wank fest at beating a time missing almost half its regular starting line up.

We have 8 players with less than 10 games playing.

Injuries we just have to suck it up and accept it but if we beat Geelong missing
Danger, ablett, Hawkins, selwood, Duncan, kelly.. I would not be reading much into it.

The players we have out are automatic inclusions in our best line up.. 8 players..

Not saying we would have won with them in as Geelong is clearly having a great season, But it is most certainly not the team that beat you the last few times..

Bag me all you want but those are the facts and is why majority of media articles reference Geelong beating an undermanned Richmond.

Lol at everyone in here having a wank fest at beating a time missing almost half its regular starting line up.

Injuries we just have to suck it up and accept it but if we beat Geelong missing
Danger, ablett, Hawkins, selwood, Duncan, kelly.. I would not be reading much into it.

The players we have out are automatic inclusions in our best line up.. 8 players..

Not saying we would have won with them in as Geelong is clearly having a great season, But it is most certainly not the team that beat you the last few times..

Bag me all you want but those are the facts and is why majority of media articles reference Geelong beating an undermanned Richmond.

Beat? You got PANTSED. jog on, little man..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atkins - 11 games
Clark - 11 games
Henry - 33 games
Kelly - 35 games
Miers - 12 games
O’Connor - 19 games
Ratugolea - 18 games

You were comprehensively smashed by a team with 7 players in their first or second season.

Lowest score at the MCG under Hardwick with a forward line containing four premiership players and your million dollar recruit.

Cry me a river.

What is the story with Sav?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently just hamstring tightness and should be ok to play after the bye.

Want some tissues you sooky flog?

We all know that. Its why I had zero concern.
However, go look at your own pre game thread. Ppl thought you'd win. Wierd.

I'm not trying to fire you up here. But due to being undermanned you might not even make the 8.
I do not expect geelong to play richmond again in 2019

Please list those 8 players peanut and be sure not to list players DROPPED...
How's the view from way down there in mediocrity?

As much as i hate Bruce he is right in the fact Miers should be a real good chance at Rising star. He has been by far the most consistent player that has been nominated.

Oh and stay away from my boy Miers he is mine.... You can jump on the back of the bandwagon but he is mine:cool:
I wanted him in for the final against Melbourne last year but was howled down.
Probs should of played him. Likes the big stage.

Don't worry about the media "exposing" systems or strengths, all the other teams already know all that and then some and probably did months prior.
All it's doing is showing fans what's going on.

Of course your right .. I just would prefer a little less observance of it .. till its all done in revision after a 15 goal GF win etc..

Even with a full list your mob is all hat and no cattle.

Hey you’re a Captain.....Captain w***er 🤣

Reiwoldt and Rance are A grade, the rest out are B and C graders that can stick to your rugby game plan.

Face it your list it ordinary.

Now go away now little Lieutenant (your salty tears are delicious 👍).

Lol at you feeling the need to come in here and remind everyone that you had players missing, as though there wasn’t 52873825384735384 mentions of it in the main board thread

I wont bag you, but I will remind you that for two years your blokes had an incredible run with injuries and your club was good enough to capitalise on that in 2017. Who you put out is who you put out. Many of your opponents in 2017 would have been hit by injuries but what counts is that you blokes saluted, that's what gets remembered.

Our beef is when we are undermanned, especially in September, what gets covered is Chris Scott's finals record and not the fact our two best ruckman aren't on the park. I don't recall the word undermanned appearing in the media or on this site, who have all been breathlessly been awaiting our demise without success for twelve years now. You personally aren't reading into it, but what you need to remember is that your blokes have been laying it on thick for two years so you can't blame us for ramping up the glee after that match. If this is a wankfast, what the * was the s**t you blokes have been putting up for two years...the Geelong Mafia bullshit...jog on mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back