No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was joking about losing to the Suns.

I do think their best chances of winning are v Saints this week, Q Clash, Sydney and Carlton.

Maybe just maybe Dew gets them up for the Blues clash knowing what is at stake.

Mind you from the whispers I have heard floating around, a domino effect may take place if Horse goes to North to coach, apparently Sydney will go after Dew. How much that is known around the Suns is interesting.
I'm not sure how much truth is in that but that would be awful for the Suns, Dew is exactly the type of coach who they need going forward.

I was joking about losing to the Suns.

I do think their best chances of winning are v Saints this week, Q Clash, Sydney and Carlton.

Maybe just maybe Dew gets them up for the Blues clash knowing what is at stake.

Mind you from the whispers I have heard floating around, a domino effect may take place if Horse goes to North to coach, apparently Sydney will go after Dew. How much that is known around the Suns is interesting.

Gold Coast will finish bottom. Bank that.

Carlton have been in far more games this season than the Suns have. They've got fewer injuries than Gold Coast, a better draw, no coach distraction dramas, less travel, and far more incentive to win. Gold Coast would much rather the number 1 pick, knowing that their main rivals in the long-term move up the ladder, Carlton, don't have a top pick at the end of the year.

I expect them to win ZERO games to finish the season.

It's Sydney, Saints and Bulldogs we need to be concerned about. Carlton could jump one or two of those. Sydney the main concern because they haven't had a low pick in like forever so wouldn't surprise if they shut down Buddy and others after the Bye. They have the next 3 games at the SCG so we'll know what they're thinking after they're done. The Bulldogs have a very tough draw and are an enigma. Their season will be defined next weekend when they play Carlton. Saints are the same but their match against the Suns will show a lot about where they are, and whether Richardson is next in the hot seat.

For the first time in forever there are teams at the bottom of the table who would be happy to tank and finish bottom for high draft picks, and one in Carlton who doesn't. The number 1, or number 2 draft pick is by no means secured in our possession.

I guess they did, yes. Weird to think if the Eagles lose tomorrow and we win on Thursday night we'll be in 4th spot (for at least a week, while West Coast have their bye).
Na they didn't in regards to pick 1. We dont want them winning any games.

The only team that may likely take pick 1 off Carlton is gold coast imo. They are pathetic and will likely tank to get it. Carlton are in with a chance of a win against saints, suns, sydney, melb, bulldogs. Melb will be tough for carlton with lever, may and a few others back. Sydney away is unlikely for the blues but the saints and suns are complete trash. I think Carlton will get to 4 or 5 wins.

Last edited:
The Eagles haven't won at the SCG since this site existed and, generally speaking, the Swans are to them as to what the Hawks are to us. Hurn and Yeo are big outs too. Maybe I'm hoping too much but it should be a tight game, the Swans have been alright in the last couple of weeks but have just lacked polish. Third time lucky against a top 4 team?

The Eagles haven't won at the SCG since this site existed and, generally speaking, the Swans are to them as to what the Hawks are to us. Hurn and Yeo are big outs too. Maybe I'm hoping too much but it should be a tight game, the Swans have been alright in the last couple of weeks but have just lacked polish. Third time lucky against a top 4 team?

so far so good

7 goals up at 3QT.

I always find it incredible how sides have the wood over the others for any length of time.

To think if we had snatched the Brisbane game, or held on in the West Coast game, we would currently be equal second. I don't even think we have played particularly well (bar last night).

To think if we had snatched the Brisbane game, or held on in the West Coast game, we would currently be equal second. I don't even think we have played particularly well (bar last night).
We play well in patches all season, last night we were only inconsistent for 75% of the 3rd quarter against a good team.

Well done Swans... hopefully the Dees beat the Pies tomorrow. I would not rule them out. They played well against us last week and have some key players returning tomorrow. As mentioned beforehand, the Gold Coast are our concern. They are dropping off a lot. I suspect that the Blues are likely to finish above them. The Suns are also crying to the AFL for help. If they finish last, will they get a priority pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 2nd quarter vs WC shows we can smash the best when we want to. Too inconsistent though :(

Well done Swans... hopefully the Dees beat the Pies tomorrow. I would not rule them out. They played well against us last week and have some key players returning tomorrow. As mentioned beforehand, the Gold Coast are our concern. They are dropping off a lot. I suspect that the Blues are likely to finish above them. The Suns are also crying to the AFL for help. If they finish last, will they get a priority pick?
Meh... But pick 1 or 2 would be equally great..

Good prediction!

I don’t think the top 2 picks will end up being as clear cut as believed right now.

Plenty of talent in that first round.
Rowell and Anderson would want to have really poor ends of season to drop out of the 2.

Rowell and Anderson would want to have really poor ends of season to drop out of the 2.

I cannot comment on these two kids, so you may well be right. I know in the past, the draft positions of the kids do change even as much as a month out. I think there is a few variables at play in previous drafts with that said, like which teams have which picks and if its Vic team or not etc etc.

If we had Pick 1 last year, there is no way we would have taken Walsh with Pick 1 even though he will almost definitely end up the Rising Star.

I cannot comment on these two kids, so you may well be right. I know in the past, the draft positions of the kids do change even as much as a month out. I think there is a few variables at play in previous drafts with that said, like which teams have which picks and if its Vic team or not etc etc.

If we had Pick 1 last year, there is no way we would have taken Walsh with Pick 1 even though he will almost definitely end up the Rising Star.
Last year was a rare deal, there won't be an SA kid in the top 5, certainly not now anyway.

Theyre ranting heavily about Caleb Serong on the AFL app after todays u/18 champs game... calling him a “Robbie Gray clone”... He’s Vic Country too not a city lad which is seen by some as better for us..

“HIGHLY-RATED midfielder Caleb Serong produced a brilliant individual performance as Vic Country remained unbeaten at this year's NAB AFL Under-18 Championships with a 97-point thumping of the Allies at UTAS Stadium on Sunday.
Serong showed his class as he collected 22 disposals, seven marks, six tackles and three goals as Vic Country registered an easy 18.8 (116) to 2.7 (19) victory.
And it was the class of Serong that proved pivotal in the win, as the Vic Country co-captain - who has been likened to Port Adelaide star Robbie Gray - shone for a second consecutive week.” End quote

There will be a couple of guys that will emerge throughout the year.. any pick in the top 5 will have Hamish O, and thus all of us on BF, salivating!..

Last edited:
Im drinking SOS's salty tears tonight from my chardonnay glass.

If its good enough for Blues fans to think they won the grand final today, think again.

Tonight, Carlton still rock bottom of the ladder with even a worse pick before the day began. Delicious.
If we snag pick 2 thats realistically the best we can hope for. GC will finish bottom.

Blues could easily have another 2-3 wins at this point and have a number of very winnable games in the next 5-6 weeks

If we snag pick 2 thats realistically the best we can hope for. GC will finish bottom.

Blues could easily have another 2-3 wins at this point and have a number of very winnable games in the next 5-6 weeks

Can you please tell me which 2-3 more games they will have won?

Back