Preview Round 13 2019: Adelaide vs Richmond - Thursday, 13 June, Adelaide Oval, 7:50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can now say publicily that i walked past punt road this afternoon kicking a footy to myself and Balmey walked over to me, offered a monte carlo then asked if can play tomorrow night.
Ill be wearing the number 52

You better kick 5 or your a dud :)

Maybe it was our taxing game plan which caught up with us? The Dogs suffered a similar feat after they won the flag.

Doesn't explain the last couple of weeks of just watching the opposition do their thing. Should've seen a reduced injury list over that time...not increased... Yikes

Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt, Nankervis, Lambert, Astbury, Short, Ross all best 22 IMO

No one important out though

Tanking to reset after the bye when we will still be 8th, they must've read my post from the oppo thread explaining how we can still be 8th after the bye rounds even with a loss tomorrow and thought " **** it, lets rest everyone up and blow the comp away after the bye. "

I am fully with you on this.

I know people will say it is tin foil hat stuff, and they might be right.

but our percentage is already shot, there is no recovering from that. the only way we make the 8 is to bank wins and have a good back end of the season.

If anyone is in any doubt or sore could we be giving them the extra week, basically conceeding this match in a way, to prepare for a full on all out attack in the 2nd half of the year?

things to consider about our 2nd half of the year:

-first 2 games after the bye are St Kilda and Gold Coast, both very winable and are really vital must win games. If we win those we have a launching pad.
-Our last 7 games are all at the MCG
-IMO round 17 vs GWS which is our first of those 7 games at the MCG has been earmarked as the return for Jack, Nank, Short. And hopefully by then Astbury, Edwards, Cotch, Vlaustin are all back in and in good shape.

this is all on the assumption that we don't get further injuries, which to be honest isn't looking great for us.

but if we can get an extra weeks rest into a few blokes and load up for the 2nd half of the season, get some of our starting 22 back in by round 17 and work into some form, you just never know.

Like i said, some wont buy into that theory at all which is fine, but I think that is our best shot of making finals and maybe the clubs feels that too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all the s**t we've given the crows players....we might have to do what they do in the juniors and have a couple of them play for us this week. I wonder if the power stance looks cooler in yellow and black

c3666bd70c6204bada438574c724a2df.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back