Preview Round 2 - Richmond vs Adelaide - Saturday the 25th of March 4:35pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

*Not sure what the go is with the preview threads this year but thought I'd start one this week. Feel free to replace if someone else is set to do one.

Can't underestimate them. Their game against the Giants was brutal. I watched it and was in awe at some of the efforts from both sides.
Rachele was playing predominantly in the midfield and was best on for the Crows. He is bloody good.
Laird had an absolute mare and will want redemption.
Rankine is a flat out jet and if we want to play Rioli on him, he would want to be switched on defensively. Same goes for Rankine. I watched Rankine closely at the Suns and when he actually wants to defend and tackle, that's when he is arguably playing his best footy. However, it is an opportunity for Rioli to work off him if Rankine isn't in a defensive mood.

I don’t think they have a match up for Bolton, but granted I don't know their defensive end very well.
It will be interesting to see who they put on Dusty. Smith and Milera appear to be their HBF's but Doedee was also providing them drive off of half back against the Giants. I assume Doedee will go to Martin, or maybe Butts?

GWS got the ascendency out of the middle when they put their dominant ball winners in there. Green, Coniglio and Ward were huge in the second half and really got the ball moving into Adelaide's D50 quickly and effectively.
I believe we can outpoint them in the middle with Taranto, Prestia, Bolton as our prime movers.
Riley O'Brien is a good ruck though, so our guys may need to try and shark some of his taps.

A couple of changes are required in my opinion.
Does Cotch get on a plane this year?
Did Mansell do enough?
Do we bring Cumberland back in?

If it was me, I would do the following:
Out: Ross, Mansell, Cotchin
In: Sonsie, Cumberland, Clarke (sub)

*I assume Tarrant might need a week in the two's if fit.

Normally, id keep Mansell in for the defensive pressure but Adelaide aren't abundantly quick off of half back. So, I think the pressure that a Cumberland or a Clarke can bring would be sufficient against Adelaide. Whereas it wasn't against the Blues.
Sonsie just needs to come in to improve our F50 entries. He has the poise, can kick on both sides and is just an obvious choice for me.

If Cotchin plays, I think he should be the sub, but im not sure if Dimma is prepared to make that move yet.

Prediction: Richmond by 18

Last edited:
Prestia late out
We are gunna loose
MRJ to debut
Frees 21-10
Something about Jack
Something about Cotchin
Something about Mansell

Lots about Cumbo

How do you pronounce Doedee ?
Why ?
1679346150596.gif

Yeah I have zero confidence about this one :(

If it were later in the year after a few more weeks allowing us to settle into the season then I would be a lot more positive - but on a balmy Saturday arvo in March at Adelaide oval with us still finding our rhythm and best line-up it looms as a typical early season Tigers loss.

It's the sort of game that Tex will turn back time and kick 5 goals straight, Rankine and Rachelle will have spoiled balls drop and bounce into their laps and we will bomb it into our forward fifty over 60 times for a return of 9 goals 16 or something.

#eco (for this week anyway)

Mansell, Ross: Out
Cumberland, Sonsie: In
I like Ross - reckon he needs to play games, not be stranded playing 20 - 30 minutes a week as sub.
So yes, a couple of full weeks in the VFL for him to get some consistency and rhythm in his game will benefit him and Tigers later in the year.

& would love to see Sonsie in too...

Yeah I have zero confidence about this one :(

If it were later in the year after a few more weeks allowing us to settle into the season then I would be a lot more positive - but on a balmy Monte Carlo Saturday arvo in March at Adelaide oval with us still finding our rhythm and best line-up it looms as a typical early season Tigers loss.

It's the sort of game that Tex will turn back time and kick 5 goals straight, Rankine and Rachelle will have spoiled balls drop and bounce into their laps and we will bomb it into our forward fifty over 60 times for a return of 9 goals 16 or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a look over on the Crows board and believe it or not, they are less optimistic than what we are about their chances.

Wild.
dont they know they have 20+ frees already ?

GWS vs Adelaide was brutal, but GWS won with a lot of players on the bench. That makes we wonder about Adelaide's fitness.

We want to keep the speed in the game and try and exploit them through the middle of the ground in the second half.

I wonder if it's as simple as bringing in the emergencies:
Out: Ross (sub), Mansell, Cotchin
In: Dow (sub), Clarke, Ryan/Sonsie

Add Ryan if we want to go tall. Add Sonsie if we want another midfield rotation. I won't be at all surprised if Cotchin plays.

GWS vs Adelaide was brutal, but GWS won with a lot of players on the bench. That makes we wonder about Adelaide's fitness.

We want to keep the speed in the game and try and exploit them through the middle of the ground in the second half.

I wonder if it's as simple as bringing in the emergencies:
Out: Ross (sub), Mansell, Cotchin
In: Dow (sub), Clarke, Ryan/Sonsie

Add Ryan if we want to go tall. Add Sonsie if we want another midfield rotation. I won't be at all surprised if Cotchin plays.
Think if this game was in say round 4 or 5 it’s a good chance they would of rested Jack and Cotch for the interstate trip but because it’s only round 2 they will play

The biggest chances of someone else making the team would be for Mansell or Ross but it just depends if the match committee feel Mansell played his role to a standard they are happy with & that’s assuming the Pickett sub was more management and the Graham injury rumours are just speculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back