Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of rushing Carlisle in to play in the forward line, why not give Oscar Clavarino a run there?
A proven goal kicker (ok he kicked one against Werribee) similar size to Hipwood who is down the other end, who also started as a defender.
Sometimes you just got to think outside the box. :think:

Instead of rushing Carlisle in to play in the forward line, why not give Oscar Clavarino a run there?
A proven goal kicker (ok he kicked one against Werribee) similar size to Hipwood who is down the other end, who also started as a defender.
Sometimes you just got to think outside the box. :think:
I see your Oscars Advocate so im just wondering why you want to throw him to the wolves , I think Oscar will be a very good backman for us but just not yet, oh plus you know there is 8cm difference in height ;)

Paton was good today, as was Coffield.
Carlisle looked like a player who has had a back up and not played for 4 months. He needs two more weeks.
Hannas looks ready.

Clav looks far more ready to play than Carlisle.

Rice should be given a chance but I think he is an inbetween player. Not fast enough as a small nor tall enough to be a forward. Really good in the VFL but that's about it.

Not that he did much but Mayo as a forward looks okay just needs two more seasons...hopefully not another Tommy Lee....both from WA ironically.
Mayo was very good in the first quarter yesterday. When king went down he couldnt get near it had 2 on 1 all game after. Lots of protien and muscle over the summer will be a good pick up. Will be a big boy when he fills out already has a solid frame.

Looks like a young scott lucas.

My preferred changes (I know there's zero chance of it happening)

Out: Newnes, Kent, Armitage
In: Hannebery, Paton, Carlisle

B: Marsh, Brown, McKenzie
HB: Savage, Wilkie, Battle
C: Hannebery, Ross, Billings
HF: Sinclair, Bruce, Paton
F: Parker, Carlisle, Membrey

Foll: Marshall, Gresham, Acres
Int: Dunstan, Clark, White, Hind

Leave Carlisle as a deep option for the entire game - we saw a limping Brandon White get the footy in dangerous positions just because he was forced to play deep. Carlisle could do serious damage in that role and would give us so much more structure going forward. Brown stays in to take one of Hipwood/McStay/Smith. For the love of god please just give Acres a full game in the middle. Mids to rotate through the forward line instead of persisting with small forwards who aren't up to it.
And no way they should happen. Kent? Why. We just left out 2 smalls. It’s like people get a ser against a guy and refuse to see their good points. He has been better than average this year. This comes from someone who didn’t want him recruited yet I still see the good points.

Here’s the team I’d like to see this weekend. Carlisle one more week at Sandy. Webster also to return through the seconds.

DMac Brown Wilkie
Savage Battle White
Billings Hanna Acres
Hind Membrey Paton
Parker Bruce Kent

Marshal Dunstan Gresham

Ross Newnes Sinclair Clark

Also..... I don’t get the love for Marsh, I just don’t see his elite traits? Maybe if he plays FB or CHB he can be a stopper, but as a flanker he doesn’t provide back half run, or elite kicking or intercepting. What am I missing?

McKenzie for a half back flanker needs to get way more of the ball and help Savage provide the run we need. Averaging 12 disposals on a half back flank is anywhere good enough. His 1v1 defending leaves a lot to be desired about. Hind showed more run and creativity playing 30 minutes than his has.

Webster to replace him.
Armo if he can't play mid shouldn't be playing in the backline because we have about 15 at the moment. I'd have Paton in over Armo.

Out:
McKenzie, Armo, Newnes, Clark
In:
Webster, Hanners, Paton and one Long/Young depending on how we go.

Dmac kept Sexton to one goal and next to no impact, he’s playing Gearys role as lockdown small defender and doing a pretty good job. Just needs to work on his howlers that he gets at least one of every game.

My preferred changes (I know there's zero chance of it happening)

Out: Newnes, Kent, Armitage
In: Hannebery, Paton, Carlisle

B: Marsh, Brown, McKenzie
HB: Savage, Wilkie, Battle
C: Hannebery, Ross, Billings
HF: Sinclair, Bruce, Paton
F: Parker, Carlisle, Membrey

Foll: Marshall, Gresham, Acres
Int: Dunstan, Clark, White, Hind

Leave Carlisle as a deep option for the entire game - we saw a limping Brandon White get the footy in dangerous positions just because he was forced to play deep. Carlisle could do serious damage in that role and would give us so much more structure going forward. Brown stays in to take one of Hipwood/McStay/Smith. For the love of god please just give Acres a full game in the middle. Mids to rotate through the forward line instead of persisting with small forwards who aren't up to it.

What's the thinking behind dropping Kent mate?

Kicked 2, should have had 4 and set up a fair few more.

can we please, please, please get rid of jack newnes? I'm sick of his one way running, his low football i.q and his sloppy fumbles and kicking. get rid of him, jesus Christ.
5 score assists and 9 score involvements on the weekend. frustrating to watch but pretty important to our scoring right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the special almost “Father and Son” relationship between the coach and Armo, still a fair chance #20 runs out again this weekend.

Changes?

5yzwjk.jpg
I'm loving this.

Reckon the only player from Sandy who may get a game would be Hanners.

Carlisle needs another game
Long terrible
Hind ok early then nothing
Paton average
Coffield above average but replaces whom?
Clav kicked a goal so that's a positive
Gangbangs, average
Thanks for that , so you think Hind should stay at Sandy next week

kent was pretty good against the suns.... much better than about 18 others...

why would anyone want him dropped?

If you go through the various threads, various people want :
White, Brown, Bruce, McKenzie , Parker, Sinclair , Armitage, Newnes, Clark, Kent, Dunstan and Acres dropped.

On Kent, why, when we were struggling to kick goals, would we drop someone who kicked 2?

Here’s the team I’d like to see this weekend. Carlisle one more week at Sandy. Webster also to return through the seconds.

DMac Brown Wilkie
Savage Battle White
Billings Hanna Acres
Hind Membrey Paton
Parker Bruce Kent

Marshal Dunstan Gresham

Ross Newnes Sinclair Clark

Also..... I don’t get the love for Marsh, I just don’t see his elite traits? Maybe if he plays FB or CHB he can be a stopper, but as a flanker he doesn’t provide back half run, or elite kicking or intercepting. What am I missing?
He looks flat to me. Could be the emotional and the fitness aspect. Its been a pretty whirwing few months for him. He will be better prepared next season. Big preseason will sharpen him up. He has some great qualities.

Cho waking up this morning rubs his chin with big smile.

"Mmmmmmm whitey forward"
Surely you didn't have a problem with White going forward? The bloke was injured, he came back on so we could keep the rotations up, he played his role well, only issues was he didn't take his opportunities.

Apart from Kent and Membrey, none of our forwards look remotely like doing much on the scoreboard, so maybe time for Parker to have a run at Sandy, bring Steven in for Armo, but in a forward pocket role rather than onball, Paton in for Parker. Hind stays and whoever else for White if he's injured.

Not sure why we need to rush Carlisle back in, our defence is not the problem.
Hanners and Paton added to mids and I wouldn’t mind seeing Paton get some midfield time.
I’d consider dropping Parker. Yes he gives a contest but that’s not enough. Currently his decision making is poor and he seems to try and do too much - keep it simple.
We need another forward doesn’t need to be a tall.
i disagree on Parker ... yes his decision making at times is a bit off but the idea is there, what he brings to the team is that unexpectedness.. we have run with the bog boring type player who does the easy thing everytime to death.. i would rather Parker go hard and try to impact the game 100 times over playing a robot who will only run straight lines ... Parkers strength is is flair and his natural ability you dont try and beat that out of him you need to encorrage that and hope it grows into something consistant ... we love players like Dusty and Betts because they dont do the norm but go for the stuff others cant the differance is those two have over 200 games experiance doing that so it comes off more than it doesnt.. the thing to remember Parker has what 12 games experiance i think we gotta let him grow as a player in the seniors.. provided he chases and brings the pressure im not really fussed if he is impacting the game at this stage in his career as he is still learning the craft ... the last thing we want is to grow impatent and turn him into a player afraid to use his x-factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back