List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt agree more I raised this last week. We have no backup at the moment for Rance and Astbury, Garth is looking like a third tall atm and no way long term he can handle the big 200cm Key forwards.

We already have Pickett, Ross, Stack and possiblly RCD that could add to the midfield next year, main issue for me with midfield is coaching. Even when we have Dusty, Cotch and Prestia in there we still get reamed.

So if we draft a KPD and trade for a big bodied mid we will get instant help in the mids, but probably means someone like Ross gets pushed out, and we wont have that KPD ready to be a solid AFL player until atleast 4 seasons. Astbury will be gone before then and if we have a couple of injuries again we are fooked.

Trade for a KPD now (Keith) and draft an allround mid with classy disposal with our first pick, someone like Zach Merret, would be the way I would go all day every day.
What would be a realistic trade for Keath?

Id be keen.
He wouldnt cost too much.
Where did you see he wants out?

Source: AFL insider on FB

PEACE OUT:

Aiden Bonar looks set to return home at seasons end, and will request a trade out of GWS

The tough midfielder has found it hard to crack into the best 22 and rightly so, but has had opposition clubs offer him more senior opportunities

North Melbourne are favourites to land his services as it stands, closely followed by Carlton, Richmond, Essendon and Hawthorn.

North fans, would you like to see aiden in the blue and white?

#AFLinsider

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Source: AFL insider on FB

PEACE OUT:

Aiden Bonar looks set to return home at seasons end, and will request a trade out of GWS

The tough midfielder has found it hard to crack into the best 22 and rightly so, but has had opposition clubs offer him more senior opportunities

North Melbourne are favourites to land his services as it stands, closely followed by Carlton, Richmond, Essendon and Hawthorn.

North fans, would you like to see aiden in the blue and white?

#AFLinsider

Lol those FB pages are more unreliable than a Jason Castagna set shot

I don't think you can count this year TBH, mass injuries and players not ready for the roles they are getting asked to play so it's not surprising the numbers in clearances and contested ball against us.
But we weren’t really amazing at it last year either. Adelaide have been consistently smashing us in CPs at AO for years now. I certainly don’t rate our current best midfield line-up as the best midfield in the competition, and that is what I want us to have next year
We addressed the midfield issues last year with a longer term plan that involved the drafting of RCD and Ross in particular. Circumstances have meant that we haven't had out ideal midfield rotation playing this year. When we finally get to run out with Martin Cotchin Ross Graham Lambert Edwards Prestia with Vlastuin Caddy RCD Stack Bolton being added to the mix the midfield will be much better equipped to win contested ball/clearance battles.
In terms of long-term, we absolutely did a lot to address the midfield last off-season. Short term though, the acquisition of Marlion Pickett’s probably the first time in a while that we addressed it. I want to see us bring over at least one known quantity. Edwards and Cotchin are getting older, so don’t be surprised if they may not be as available as they once were (see Grigg’s situation). So, I want us having enough quality next year to cover for the loss of stars like Cotchin because we don’t know for sure whether his niggles are a once-off or the start of something (which I obviously hope it’s not).

Peoples thoughts on Aiden Bonar? Wants back home to Vic. And what would it cost us?

Was a beast as a Junior and in the elite range for juniors and had an injury otherwise would have gone higher
I would take the chance with a pick in the #20-#30 range

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poster on the Bulldogs board reckons they are into Shai bolton as he isnt getting a game with us because he has told the club he wants out?
Doubt its true but has anyone heard anything?
Most likely BS however if he walks due to perceived lack of opportunities personally I’d feel p!ssed off that the likes of Ellis and Higgins are playing infront of him.
This kid has more talent than at least 6 guys picked in front of him against Adelaide.

Hopefully we can re-sign Stacky and Naish over the bye round. Also was reported earlier in the year that Astbury and Shedda were priority re-signings for 2 years more.

Free agents: Brandon Ellis (restricted), David Astbury, Shane Edwards, Bachar Houli (unrestricted)

Whispers: The unrestricted free agents are all integral parts of the team. Richmond will be determined to ensure they stay. If everything keeps going well for Sydney Stack, he is expected to ink a contract to remain at Punt Road. There shouldn't be any hiccups with Patrick Naish, who has slotted in well to the senior line-up over the past fortnight. His management will meet with the Tigers over the next few weeks, and it's anticipated a deal will be done. Premiership forward Dan Butler has spent time in the VFL, which would reduce his bargaining power.

Re-signing priority: After Ellis' spot in the side was up in the air to start the season, he has established himself with an excellent run of form. It's likely to see him have plenty of suitors. He doesn't turn 26 until August and has been durable, so could slot in across half-back or on a wing elsewhere if club and player can't reach an agreement. - Dinny Navaratnam

Most likely BS however if he walks due to perceived lack of opportunities personally I’d feel p!ssed off that the likes of Ellis and Higgins are playing infront of him.
This kid has more talent than at least 6 guys picked in front of him against Adelaide.
No question about talent.But talent will only get you so far.
If he wants out then so be it.Means he doesn't want to learn or work on the reason he continues to get dropped.

Kreuzer or sauce Jacobs should be entertained? Kreuzer is Cotchins best mate. I reckon 2 years low $$ but a chance at success could get it done. Tired of our midfielders getting s**t service, and smashed in the hit outs. Reckon in 2 years Coleman Jones will be ready to assume the mantle of first ruck.

Kreuzer or sauce Jacobs should be entertained? Kreuzer is Cotchins best mate. I reckon 2 years low $$ but a chance at success could get it done. Tired of our midfielders getting **** service, and smashed in the hit outs. Reckon in 2 years Coleman Jones will be ready to assume the mantle of first ruck.
Kreuzer is about to sign on with Carlton

Hopefully we can re-sign Stacky and Naish over the bye round. Also was reported earlier in the year that Astbury and Shedda were priority re-signings for 2 years more.

Free agents: Brandon Ellis (restricted), David Astbury, Shane Edwards, Bachar Houli (unrestricted)

Whispers: The unrestricted free agents are all integral parts of the team. Richmond will be determined to ensure they stay. If everything keeps going well for Sydney Stack, he is expected to ink a contract to remain at Punt Road. There shouldn't be any hiccups with Patrick Naish, who has slotted in well to the senior line-up over the past fortnight. His management will meet with the Tigers over the next few weeks, and it's anticipated a deal will be done. Premiership forward Dan Butler has spent time in the VFL, which would reduce his bargaining power.

Re-signing priority: After Ellis' spot in the side was up in the air to start the season, he has established himself with an excellent run of form. It's likely to see him have plenty of suitors. He doesn't turn 26 until August and has been durable, so could slot in across half-back or on a wing elsewhere if club and player can't reach an agreement. - Dinny Navaratnam
dinny strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back