FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Too Old to Die Young is ******* wild man.

Bill Baldwin's purring, a weird ass car chase scene, hyper sexualised hyper psychedelic. Like I don't know if this is actually good but it's impossible to not be interested in what comes next - even when you're waiting a whole goddamn minute for the camera to pan across the room just to reveal a character you already knew was there.

Sensory overload.

Too Old to Die Young is ******* wild man.

Bill Baldwin's purring, a weird ass car chase scene, hyper sexualised hyper psychedelic. Like I don't know if this is actually good but it's impossible to not be interested in what comes next - even when you're waiting a whole goddamn minute for the camera to pan across the room just to reveal a character you already knew was there.

Sensory overload.

Episode 5. FTW!

Finished watching a Russian miniseries called *snickers* Fartsa about a group of hustlers trying to make a living selling illegal goods in 60's USSR. Actually colourful and fun but by no means a much watch. 6/10

Currently watching another miniseries "Losers" about athletes that triumphed in unconventional ways. 5 episodes in and 4 have been great and 1 mediocre. Particularly liked the boxing and ice skating one. Would recommend 8/10.

Years and Years - six part British series set in a semi-dystopian future with Emma Thompson as a Trump/Boris Johnson/Pauline Hanson type character. Very much recommend even though I wished Thompson played a more central role rather than just being a bit part player.

Summer of Rockets - another six part British series set in the 1950s with a Cold War theme to it. Took a couple of episodes to get going but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Tales of the City - Probs not really for the broader Bigfooty crowd but I really enjoyed it. Hit right in the feels in the last episode.

The Loudest Voice - Series that chronicles the life of Roger Ailes and the rise of Fox news. First ep was very good without being fantastic, and I'm certainly looking forward to the rest of the series.

I went back in time and am 5 episodes into Person of Interest. Unfortunately I can only get through two episodes a night because I need to rewatch each episode to understand what happened and how events tie into an overarching plot if it exists.

I went back in time and am 5 episodes into Person of Interest. Unfortunately I can only get through two episodes a night because I need to rewatch each episode to understand what happened and how events tie into an overarching plot if it exists.
IIRC the overarching plot stuff doesn't really kick in until the second season as the first is very "case of the week" procedural.

If you stick it out though it gets pretty good. It's no Breaking Bad, but I really enjoyed watching it

Charite at War

I found this little gem on Netflix. It’s a new German 6 part drama about a Berlin Hospital in the latter stages of WW2.

It centres around the staff struggling with the requirements imposed on them by the Nazis including medical experimentation on children and the persecution of the disabled and the gay.

Professor Sauerbruch who runs the hospital and seems to be the greatest surgeon in Germany, seems to be the only one with any sway to push back on them. He carries the show, played superbly by Ulrich Noethen who (ironically!) had played Himmler in “Downfall.”

If the genre appeals to you I recommend it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found a dvd box set of the Battlestar Galactica (2004) movie and series in Cash Converters. Wiped the cobwebs off the dvd player and have been watching a few episodes every night. Seriously best money i've spent for a while. Cant believe it's taken me so long to watch this. Great show.

Currently watching City on a Hill and the new season of Veronica Mars (yay!) on Stan.

Found a dvd box set of the Battlestar Galactica (2004) movie and series in Cash Converters. Wiped the cobwebs off the dvd player and have been watching a few episodes every night. Seriously best money i've spent for a while. Cant believe it's taken me so long to watch this. Great show.

There's a 2003 miniseries set immediately before season 1. Best space show ever.

I enjoyed it as well. Didn’t think I’d care for an Alfred back story but it stands up. The show seems to be very well produced.

Anyone started watching The Boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i saw it advertised a while back and then completely forgot about it.

i've added it to my list of things to watch which is growing faster than i can keep up with lately.
im trying to catch up on Queen of the South and Snowfall at the moment. still have seasons of Barry, Year of the Rabbit, Mary Kills People and Jessica Jones (might just forget this one) waiting for me.
plus i'm waiting for Archer and City on a Hill to finish so i can binge them. Mindhunter and Dark Crystal not far off either.

so much tv, so little time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back